April 10th, 2008

Obama: I'm not 'getting fresh or anything'

Obama campaigned in Indiana Thursday.
Obama campaigned in Indiana Thursday.

(CNN) – Barack Obama appeared to have a bit of an awkward moment on the campaign trail in South Bend, Indiana.

From the pool report:

"[Obama] posed for report pictures with the staff when he apparently felt his phone start to vibrate in his pocket on his right thigh – against which one woman was closely pressed.

"Now that’s my phone buzzing there," he said, drawing a laugh. "I don’t want you to think I’m getting fresh or anything."

Filed under: Candidate Barack Obama
  1. Brandon

Good one Barack...

April 10, 2008 12:34 pm at 12:34 pm |
  2. noemi in los angeles

So what??? Does that give him a bad image for saying that??

NO WAYYY!!

It's GOOD that he said that, knowing people nowadays, I wouldn't be surprised if Obama's counterparts said he was trying to hit on her.

Go Obama!

This November, Vote Democratic!!

April 10, 2008 12:34 pm at 12:34 pm |
  3. J.Carter

Thats just too funny, if I was married to his wife I would say the same thing, Mrs. obama looks she take any mess.

April 10, 2008 12:35 pm at 12:35 pm |
  4. Mike Lorain, OH

Can't wait for Hillbots to blow this out of proportion

April 10, 2008 12:35 pm at 12:35 pm |
  5. Darth Vadik, CA

What the hell is this story about?

April 10, 2008 12:35 pm at 12:35 pm |
  6. bob

Now thats hilarious!!!

April 10, 2008 12:35 pm at 12:35 pm |
  7. Tiffany J, Cinci

Hah. He handles situations (even awkward ones) openly and with a smile.

That's refreshing.

April 10, 2008 12:35 pm at 12:35 pm |
  8. Tom

CNN is against Obama why would Cnn report this mess

April 10, 2008 12:35 pm at 12:35 pm |
  9. Sally

I wouldn't mind if Obama got "fresh" with me.

April 10, 2008 12:35 pm at 12:35 pm |
  10. The Democratic Supporter

He's respectful!

April 10, 2008 12:35 pm at 12:35 pm |
  11. Belle

CNN-HOW IS THIS NEWS?

By the way, why is it the London Times does more vetting of Obama than you do? You might want to look at their Feb. 26th article on Rezko, Obama and Auchi...and the ties to the House Obama bought.

Also, kind of silly of you to have commentators saying that Obama is acting Presidential when he does not comment on the calling to "boycott" the opening ceremonies....ESPECIALLY when he told the Chicago Sun Times yesterday that a boycott of the opening ceremonies should be something the President should consider, but he "prefers to make policy announcements on HIS timetable and not hers" (Referring to Senator Clinton)

The least you could do, is get your stories straight.

April 10, 2008 12:36 pm at 12:36 pm |
  12. NickNas

OK CNN while this is cute and all and I am an Obama supporter I would rather be reading more about the "further investigations" into the multiple Lies of the Clintons. I know that may be a TALL order so just focus on the ones in the last 2 weeks. That will keep a staff of 20 busy for a while. I may be an old timer at 46 but I remember when reporters followed up on stories and got to the bottom of things not just jumped from story to story without getting to and exposing the truth.

April 10, 2008 12:36 pm at 12:36 pm |
  13. Andrew from PA

He is so down to earth.
    He is human like us.
    He is genuine.

Barack Obama 08

April 10, 2008 12:36 pm at 12:36 pm |
  14. USAF Sr. Airman

That's funny. Let's see someone try to spin this to be negative.....

April 10, 2008 12:36 pm at 12:36 pm |
  15. CitizenS

May I ask, what is that to report??! Where is the news!? Like, how is the campaign going, is it organized, is he still inspiring donations to this campaign after all the media induced fall out from his supposed racial issues? Oh, I forgot, that is only necessary when Hillary needs a boost. Well, let's get on with the more meaningful news.

April 10, 2008 12:36 pm at 12:36 pm |
  16. PA

This is news because ?????????

April 10, 2008 12:36 pm at 12:36 pm |
  17. NObama

um, OK
    this is news por quaw?

April 10, 2008 12:36 pm at 12:36 pm |
  18. Greg, NY

Sure, this probably shouldn't really be news, but it certainly is funny. :)

April 10, 2008 12:36 pm at 12:36 pm |
  19. Cornel

great news reporting!! Thanks CNN. wow....

April 10, 2008 12:36 pm at 12:36 pm |
  20. Dani

CNN Thank you sooooooo much for sharing the are you happy to see me kinda of joke! Wow! Top breaking story! What about Obama and his friendlines with Bill Ayer, the terrorist. What is going on with Chirs Matthew? I thought he played Hard Ball not soft ball!

April 10, 2008 12:36 pm at 12:36 pm |
  21. Farrell, Houston, Tx

With a wife as beautiful and intelligent as Michelle, I think she's got it all covered. The rest are left for wishful thinking and that's all. We love you Obama.

April 10, 2008 12:37 pm at 12:37 pm |
  22. Dave

Oh, Barack!

April 10, 2008 12:37 pm at 12:37 pm |
  23. sue

Glad to see a little sense of humor these days!

April 10, 2008 12:37 pm at 12:37 pm |
  24. Dave

C'mon CNN..I like Obama and all but you're sweating him hard...do you follow the guy to the can too??

April 10, 2008 12:37 pm at 12:37 pm |
  25. sandy

What a gentleman.! Bill Clinton would have loved this moment. I don't think old Bill would have that. He would have let this lady think it was something else. lol

April 10, 2008 12:37 pm at 12:37 pm |