April 10th, 2008

Obama: I'm not 'getting fresh or anything'

Obama campaigned in Indiana Thursday.
Obama campaigned in Indiana Thursday.

(CNN) – Barack Obama appeared to have a bit of an awkward moment on the campaign trail in South Bend, Indiana.

From the pool report:

"[Obama] posed for report pictures with the staff when he apparently felt his phone start to vibrate in his pocket on his right thigh – against which one woman was closely pressed.

"Now that’s my phone buzzing there," he said, drawing a laugh. "I don’t want you to think I’m getting fresh or anything."

Filed under: Candidate Barack Obama
  1. HRClinton 2008

ahh!! A Forshadowing Moment.. all male politicians are perverts.

I can see it now!

Mrs. Obama will not be happy. She will slap him withthose huge hands of hers.

April 10, 2008 12:43 pm at 12:43 pm |
  2. FEDUP

Trying to get more white people to be on stage. I heard that yesterday. I noticed he was doing that, once he got out of the south...

April 10, 2008 12:43 pm at 12:43 pm |
  3. Red October

hahaha

April 10, 2008 12:43 pm at 12:43 pm |
  4. Twinkie

I thought it was kind of funny. I love when folks at least have a sense of humor!

April 10, 2008 12:44 pm at 12:44 pm |
  5. Mike from Jersey

Reverse racism at its best. But I know, this candidate is teflon, will not stick.

April 10, 2008 12:44 pm at 12:44 pm |
  6. Crystal CA

I know he is supposed to be instilling a little humor into the crowd, but I don't want my President to be too relaxed. I want him/her to perfectly robotic, with a slight personality. I am already stuck with Arnold as my Governator.

April 10, 2008 12:44 pm at 12:44 pm |
  7. Scott

That is priceless.

He can act like a human being without pretending to cry.

Go Obama

April 10, 2008 12:44 pm at 12:44 pm |
  8. frank

STOP THE PRESSES!

Obama made a joke!

April 10, 2008 12:44 pm at 12:44 pm |
  9. Stephen Boyd

What.....a presidential candidate who is human.......blasphamy! Note sarchasm!

The guy has a sense of humor and likes to have a little fun once in a while!

All the power to him!

Steve

April 10, 2008 12:44 pm at 12:44 pm |
  10. Samina WI

What an embarssing moment!!..I am an Obama supporter ...but really dude that's just painfully AKWARD!!..Hope they don't play this up in any damaging way. AH!..the miseries of campaign life...poor things constantly being stalked.

April 10, 2008 12:45 pm at 12:45 pm |
  11. Brad

Yeah right ! You can pose for the Media but not some white guy who only wanted a photo for his wife. What a disgrace. Go on and go see your Grandma, see if you can scare her because you're a black man . America needs to throw this brother in front of the Bus not under.

April 10, 2008 12:46 pm at 12:46 pm |
  12. Robert

OK. This is definitely a sign of primary withdrawal. We need it to be the 22nd already so we can have some real news.

April 10, 2008 12:46 pm at 12:46 pm |
  13. Kristen

That is hillarious. Just one more reason to vote for him.

April 10, 2008 12:46 pm at 12:46 pm |
  14. La504

It wouldn't surprise me a bit that he was "getting fresh". Every day there is some unpleasant, disappointing, and disturbing discovery about this man! If the "captive" for-O-media had chosen to be objective in their coverage, this individual would have been done for a long time ago, and just a vague memory of some momentary yuppie trend.

April 10, 2008 12:46 pm at 12:46 pm |
  15. mep

All this – and a sense of humor too...Come on America, how much do we need this man in the White House? Soooooooooooo Much!!!

April 10, 2008 12:46 pm at 12:46 pm |
  16. Chryssa

Ha ha, who says "getting fresh" anymore?

April 10, 2008 12:46 pm at 12:46 pm |
  17. Linda. Boston, MA

Hehe, I love a good sense of humor :p

April 10, 2008 12:46 pm at 12:46 pm |
  18. Kevin, NC

Dont you just hate those awkward moments...LOL

Obama 08

April 10, 2008 12:47 pm at 12:47 pm |
  19. Derrick, Atlanta GA

That's funny...lol...But at the same time its sad because had he not said that the media probably have made it to the next big scandal. Cellphone gate...lol

April 10, 2008 12:47 pm at 12:47 pm |
  20. Mike

Well, I guess this article really shows that CNN is not really a news network and its failure to report real news.

April 10, 2008 12:47 pm at 12:47 pm |
  21. CJ

Nice Presidential remark!!! He needs to go back to Chicago!

April 10, 2008 12:47 pm at 12:47 pm |
  22. Mike

Gee, this is so news worthy!

Go Hillary!

It was Baskin Robbins calling him back to work, or perhaps Senator Clinton asking him to help her move her things back into the White House.

April 10, 2008 12:47 pm at 12:47 pm |
  23. Scott

This is news?

It must be a slow news day, the Ticker seems to be putting up more of these non-stories these days.

April 10, 2008 12:48 pm at 12:48 pm |
  24. Hillary08

Stop that Obama..... getting fresh with the voters, isn't your money enough? ..LoL

April 10, 2008 12:48 pm at 12:48 pm |
  25. Rich in Seattle

He just wants to make sure nobody mistakes him for Bill Clinton.

April 10, 2008 12:48 pm at 12:48 pm |