April 11th, 2008

Hillary to Bill: Knock it off

Hillary and Bill Clinton.
Hillary and Bill Clinton.

(CNN) — Hillary Clinton wants her husband to quit talking about her trip to Bosnia in 1996, the former president said Friday.

"Hillary called me and said, "I misstated it, you said I misstated it, but you got to let me handle it because you don't remember it either'...I said 'Yes ma'am," Clinton said while touring the fire damage of a campaign office in Terre Haute, Indiana.

The comments follow those he made in Boonville, Indiana Thursday, when he strongly defended his wife over the recent coverage surrounding her 1996 Bosnia trip claims, saying the media acted as if she'd "robbed a bank."

"I got tickled the other day, a lot of the way this whole campaign has been covered has amused me, but there was a lot of fulminating because Hillary, one time late at night when she was exhausted, misstated and immediately apologized for it, what happened to her in Bosnia in 1995. Did y'all see all that? Oh, they blew it up," he said.

Full story

Earlier: Bill Clinton says media overreacted to Bosnia flap

Filed under: Bill Clinton • Hillary Clinton
  1. Corey, Maryland

A house divided can not stand.....

Obama Richardson 08!!!!

April 11, 2008 02:51 pm at 2:51 pm |
  2. Angus McDugan

Bill... Let it die down and quit bringing it up. Gosh darn... She is trying to win.

Angus in 2008.

April 11, 2008 02:52 pm at 2:52 pm |
  3. Lovely in VA

She said it more than once late at night. She said it at four separate events. The liars! I'll be so glaaad when they are out of this and we don't have to listen to their lies and coverups.

April 11, 2008 02:52 pm at 2:52 pm |
  4. RickytheGriff

Oh my God.

Do we really want the Hillary and Bill Show for four years? Didn't we suffer enough the first time around? What did we exactly do to deserve this?!

America must have Abused Partner Syndrome!

April 11, 2008 02:53 pm at 2:53 pm |
  5. Peter Kavanagh

What else can really be said about this campaign ? If this isn't the worst run campaign ever by a major candidate then whose is ?

Penn , you have the power to end this campaign so that the party can heal and Obama can win the election .

Do the right thing .

Obama 08 !!!

YES YOU CAN PENN !!!

April 11, 2008 02:53 pm at 2:53 pm |
  6. Dee JAY in miami

LIERS>>>>>>>>>>>

OBAMA 08

April 11, 2008 02:54 pm at 2:54 pm |
  7. April in Texas

For someone who tried to laugh off the Colombia thing that Bill was involved in and then tried to laugh off the Bosnia thing on Leno and now telling Bill to knock it off? Geez which Hillary is it? I guess miss speaking runs in your family as when he did bring it back up his info was even wrong. You too need a nap with all this sleep deprivation you are going through. As per Bills words "Chill Out"

Obama 08

April 11, 2008 02:56 pm at 2:56 pm |
  8. Mike

ha ha ha ha...her campaign is a wrap!!

April 11, 2008 02:56 pm at 2:56 pm |
  9. Sara from Arizona

Hwe campaign is like a three ring circus, laughable. OBAMA 08'

April 11, 2008 02:56 pm at 2:56 pm |
  10. Harrison

Don't worry, CNN, you'll still get more quotes and amusing comments from Bubba. He cannot keep his mouth shut – not in his nature or appealing to his ego.

April 11, 2008 02:56 pm at 2:56 pm |
  11. Mike

No Big Deal.

April 11, 2008 02:56 pm at 2:56 pm |
  12. Jane

More melodrama from the Clintons.... Who would have thunk it....

Obama or McCain '08

April 11, 2008 02:56 pm at 2:56 pm |
  13. Marty in Orlando

You both should knock if off and out of the race!
    Please get out so the party can be united.

Obama '08

April 11, 2008 02:56 pm at 2:56 pm |
  14. Sue

She has yet to apologize or answer any directly related questions reagarding Nafta or CFTA. I guess she thinks with all the money Bills making, she does not owe the American people any truths. The only thing she has done right is just now when she tells Bill to Shut Up. The two of them are degrading the office of President, and need to just go away!

April 11, 2008 02:56 pm at 2:56 pm |
  15. Sean

If she can't control her husband or her campaign staff, why does anyone think she can lead this country? No one close to her has any respect for her, obviously. That should tell you everything.

April 11, 2008 02:56 pm at 2:56 pm |
  16. i love Hillary

I could not say this any better, so i copied it:

You go Hillary! You are our American girl!

The Democratic party would be wise to remember that for decades the largest voting block in the party has been white women and WHITE WOMEN OVERWHELMINGLY WANT HILLARY FOR PRESIDENT!! We will not have Barack Hussein Obama shoved down our throats by the corporate owned media who promote Obama 24/7 as they attack Hillary. The media support Obama because they know he's unelectable.

Investigative journalists (are they any??) should be asking Obama, Obama's campaign manager David Axelrod and Obama supporter David Wilhelm (Wilhelm is named in Rezko's criminal trial now underway in Chicago) about their connections to the toxic trio of Syrian born Antoin Rezko, Kenya, Africa leader Odinga (is he Obama's cousin??) and scariest of all AUCHI, who is also currently under criminal indictment.

Also, the revelations of Obama's connections to Crown, Exelon, casinos, Emil Jones, Ayers & Dorhn, "pastors" Wright, Moss and Meeks, etc, are enough to bring down Obama, add in the toxic trio of Rezko, Auchi and Odinga and he's a fatally flawed candidate, now and in the future. The Dems would be foolish to nominate Obama,he's too risky and unelectable. He would destroy the entire ticket in a general election.

WHEN WOMEN VOTE, DEMOCRATS WIN.

NO HILLARY AND IT'S PRESIDENT JOHN MCCAIN.

COUNTRY FIRST, PARTY SECOND. PATRIOTISM MATTERS.

*VOTE SMART! *VOTE PATRIOTIC! * VOTE HILLARY!*

April 11, 2008 02:57 pm at 2:57 pm |
  17. Marc Canada

Bill's the best thing ever to happen to Obama.

April 11, 2008 02:57 pm at 2:57 pm |
  18. Jean, CANADA

HAHHAHAAHAHAHAHHA!!!! Absolutely LOVE IT!!

OBAMA....countinue to just let her brandish her shovel so she can dig her own holes!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!

OBAMA 08, 12...TRUTH, INTEGRITY, INTELLIGENCE and sound JUDGEMENT

April 11, 2008 02:57 pm at 2:57 pm |
  19. Pennsylvania Joe

The Clintons are a disaster. I was planning on voting for them until the past few weeks when her campaign clearly imploded.

I was looking for a clear indication of her leadership abilities and it's clear from the way she has run her campaign that she doesn't have any!!!

My vote is going to Sen. Barack Obama. I always liked him but needed to see more of him. And his recent trips through PA have helped me make up my mind.

April 11, 2008 02:57 pm at 2:57 pm |
  20. tigerakabj

No, keep talking Bill. Implosion is underway folks. I am ashamed I ever thought about voting for you Hillary and supporting you Bill. Obama 2008!!

April 11, 2008 02:58 pm at 2:58 pm |
  21. Marilyn

Of course the media overreacted. They always overreact!!

April 11, 2008 02:58 pm at 2:58 pm |
  22. Karon

I wished I was a fly on the wall at the Clintons'house. I bet she will give Bill an earful for bringing up her lies again.
    I love it!!! Bill keep it up!

April 11, 2008 02:58 pm at 2:58 pm |
  23. Boye

I honestly think Bill doesn't want his wife to be president.

April 11, 2008 02:58 pm at 2:58 pm |
  24. Bosnian Sniper

Yes, this bodes really well for a Clinton Presidency. The Preisdent's spouse, a former President and larger-than-life figure himself, making statements that contradict the President's policy statements, and having to be reeled back in.

Should be smooth sailing...

Obama '08

April 11, 2008 02:58 pm at 2:58 pm |
  25. R CAL

Bill, Bill, Bill. Please, stop. Find a nice quiet place, and go there. You are not helping, truly.

April 11, 2008 02:58 pm at 2:58 pm |