April 11th, 2008

Hillary to Bill: Knock it off

Hillary and Bill Clinton.
Hillary and Bill Clinton.

(CNN) — Hillary Clinton wants her husband to quit talking about her trip to Bosnia in 1996, the former president said Friday.

"Hillary called me and said, "I misstated it, you said I misstated it, but you got to let me handle it because you don't remember it either'...I said 'Yes ma'am," Clinton said while touring the fire damage of a campaign office in Terre Haute, Indiana.

The comments follow those he made in Boonville, Indiana Thursday, when he strongly defended his wife over the recent coverage surrounding her 1996 Bosnia trip claims, saying the media acted as if she'd "robbed a bank."

"I got tickled the other day, a lot of the way this whole campaign has been covered has amused me, but there was a lot of fulminating because Hillary, one time late at night when she was exhausted, misstated and immediately apologized for it, what happened to her in Bosnia in 1995. Did y'all see all that? Oh, they blew it up," he said.

Full story

Earlier: Bill Clinton says media overreacted to Bosnia flap

Filed under: Bill Clinton • Hillary Clinton
  1. CES

Oh Bill and Hillary – you are so humorus – Need a change in '08

April 11, 2008 03:23 pm at 3:23 pm |
  2. Debby

This is so lame CNN you have the same ticker below. I can see now why the Clintons are boycotting your news network and going over to Fox.

April 11, 2008 03:24 pm at 3:24 pm |
  3. Larry, Apex, North Carolina

Simply-she lied about it!
    Why is it so hard to see that the Clintons have ALWAYS lied?

April 11, 2008 03:24 pm at 3:24 pm |
  4. john

OMG and she wants to answer the phone at 3 in the morning!!!! If she cant remeber at 11 at night when she is tired what in the wold is she going to do at 3 a.m.

April 11, 2008 03:25 pm at 3:25 pm |
  5. Kentucky

Why not tell Obama's lies at ther same time and then let people decide?

April 11, 2008 03:25 pm at 3:25 pm |
  6. Elisabeth

This is a ridiculous media story. Any thinking American should understand that her statement was self irony only. More serious is that Obama’s subcommittee has been inactive while Obama has campaigned for president! He chairs the subcommittee. Being a chairman he has held not one substantive meating, has he.....? That is something to talk and write about.

April 11, 2008 03:25 pm at 3:25 pm |
  7. pollwhiz

I honestly do not know who is the candidate anymore. It appears to me that bill is the front runner.
    and she "Hillary" misses her time as a first lady....she is not able to defend herself against the public opinion.

April 11, 2008 03:25 pm at 3:25 pm |
  8. forOBAMA '08

Just a couple of old folkers with old bad politics! Laughable pair!

April 11, 2008 03:26 pm at 3:26 pm |
  9. linda

pennsylvania search your soul and vote your heart. If you are still not sure ask GOD. He knows for sure who will win both elections. Iam with Obama what say ye ?

April 11, 2008 03:26 pm at 3:26 pm |
  10. Ito, Yokosuka Japan

What I want to know is, where was Bill when Hillary woke up at 3 AM? His side of the bed was empty. Is that what a Hillary Clinton Presidency will look like? While Hillary is running around doing her thing, Bill will running around doing his thing?

April 11, 2008 03:26 pm at 3:26 pm |
  11. Cathy

Nice to see a couple talking that way.It reminds me of my husband and i.

April 11, 2008 03:26 pm at 3:26 pm |
  12. Vick

Wow..what a pair ! they set example for perfect couple :-) uh

April 11, 2008 03:27 pm at 3:27 pm |
  13. USMarine

I see CNN is trying to shape public opinion again. LOL

April 11, 2008 03:28 pm at 3:28 pm |
  14. Robert Bauer, Sonoma County, CA

Good luck to Hillary. Trying to rein in a pathological liar is quite a task. However, she's cut from the same cloth, so perhaps she knows some insider secrets.

April 11, 2008 03:28 pm at 3:28 pm |
  15. judy

so what

April 11, 2008 03:29 pm at 3:29 pm |
  16. TX Dem

Wait, I thought she said she could control her husband? Can you imagine what Bill would do in the White House with all that time on his hands?

April 11, 2008 03:29 pm at 3:29 pm |
  17. A woman for Prez, yes - just NOT this one

"There are none so blind as those who will not see."

This candidate does not have our best interests at heart. She has *her* interests and *special* interests.

PA, PLEASE don't waste your votes on Hillary '08

April 11, 2008 03:29 pm at 3:29 pm |
  18. Ito, Yokosuka Japan

Uh, if she has a hard time remembering at 11 PM, how does that affect her 3 AM phone call? We already seen that her scripted comments are erroneous.

April 11, 2008 03:30 pm at 3:30 pm |
  19. Jackson

Billary, I don't know what the Clintons have, no matter what they do you Billary fans just don't care. Bill and Hillary are finished their even laughable, in a while people are going to start laughing when mentioning their names. I't really funny how stupid they think we are.

April 11, 2008 03:30 pm at 3:30 pm |
  20. Rob

Bill and Hillary are as trite as my next comment.

Can Hillary's supporters learn how to spell/stop crying out that CNN is biased? Sloppy spelling leaves your posts sounding juvenile and destroys any credibility you have, which in my book is close to 0 anyway, but I'm just saying.

April 11, 2008 03:30 pm at 3:30 pm |
  21. Jack

Hillary told Bill he doesn't remember what happened but she does? Hrmmmmmmmmmmm..... I see.

April 11, 2008 03:30 pm at 3:30 pm |
  22. Jon, Pittsburgh, PA

Some of you cannot even spell the word liar. And, why is this important?

Mr. Obama has made his own share of mistakes when speaking about issues that are relevant – like his insistance in PA ads that he won't take money from big oil companies – they are excluded from contributing by law. So why are you saying you won't take money that would be illegal to give and to take?

April 11, 2008 03:31 pm at 3:31 pm |
  23. ellianna

This pair is PATHETIC!!!!

April 11, 2008 03:31 pm at 3:31 pm |
  24. concern citizen

you never post my comments. sometimes the media can be bias.

April 11, 2008 03:32 pm at 3:32 pm |
  25. Shawna

There we have it Mr. and Mrs. President of the United States, and they're acting like an episode of I love Lucy

April 11, 2008 03:32 pm at 3:32 pm |