April 11th, 2008

Hillary to Bill: Knock it off

Hillary and Bill Clinton.
Hillary and Bill Clinton.

(CNN) — Hillary Clinton wants her husband to quit talking about her trip to Bosnia in 1996, the former president said Friday.

"Hillary called me and said, "I misstated it, you said I misstated it, but you got to let me handle it because you don't remember it either'...I said 'Yes ma'am," Clinton said while touring the fire damage of a campaign office in Terre Haute, Indiana.

The comments follow those he made in Boonville, Indiana Thursday, when he strongly defended his wife over the recent coverage surrounding her 1996 Bosnia trip claims, saying the media acted as if she'd "robbed a bank."

"I got tickled the other day, a lot of the way this whole campaign has been covered has amused me, but there was a lot of fulminating because Hillary, one time late at night when she was exhausted, misstated and immediately apologized for it, what happened to her in Bosnia in 1995. Did y'all see all that? Oh, they blew it up," he said.

Full story

Earlier: Bill Clinton says media overreacted to Bosnia flap

Filed under: Bill Clinton • Hillary Clinton
  1. Peter Paul

Are some of Hill-liar-ee Clintons supporters dumb or what?

They keep talking about Canadian talks and what went on with NAFTA.
    I'm from Canada and there was no talks of NAFTA and was proven by the Prime Minister.

This lady is directly or whatever indirectly connected to NAFTA and now CAFTA.

After the lies and deceiving ploys by Hill-liar-ee some people say that they would only vote for Hillary or that dictator McCain, go figure.

I Thought about this last night and the only thing I can come up with is that, a supporter of Hillary, that says something like this is Prejudice or rasist.
    I am not talking about the voters For Hillary that would vote democrat no matter what, it's the ones that say they would vote for McCain the exact 360 of Hillary or Obama.
    You want more war because of your prejudice views, a man that only believes in war and claims to hate war, LMAO get real.
    He knows nothing else but to start Wars and folks this guy is insane he would start a war with China. Then the world as we know it will be vanished. He is a tirate and a dictator and does not belong in office.

Even Hillary is a safer bet, you will only lose 100,000 jobes in the process and I am being nice about this number, you will be forced to pay for health care that you cannot afford and will be penalized for it, so get your bankruptcy papers ready, but at least America will still be around.
    Obama is and will be the best President for the tough times at hand period.
    I can't believe he would want this job with all the prejudice people that are still alive and well in the great U.S of A.

I am Irish Canadian and proud of it. I don't have a pin of the flag on my jacket, I show my patriotism by helping on the homeless shelter on the weekends and the week nights I help under privlenged kids at the local community center, amongs other things.

Obama 08 or even Hillary over McCain the lessor of two evils.

April 11, 2008 03:39 pm at 3:39 pm |
  2. FACTCHECK

RE: Sinclair vs Obama lawsuit

I am familiar with it and it is something the Obama camp will never ever allow to get out. This would destroy him beyond repair.

Now back to the Clintons. Hillary's albatross around her neck is Bill. Unfortunately everyone is not looking at her as a the candidate who will bring this country back from destruction; but are blaming her for Bill.

There are a lot of things Michelle Obama has done and said that is just as wrong as BC, but as usual, CNN ignores it and it's allowed.

Obama is losing his star quality and is now looking for things to attack HRC on for they know her direction and policies they can't attack as they are right on target.

OBAMA 08... NEVER WILL HAPPEN

April 11, 2008 03:39 pm at 3:39 pm |
  3. Rob - Canada

by the way I'd sure like to know where the Clinton supporters get their kool-aid? It's mind boggling that they can dismiss this stuff over and over again.

April 11, 2008 03:39 pm at 3:39 pm |
  4. sharon

Sounds like Bill is saying Hillary is too old to prez b/c at 60 she gets tired and forgets things.........please. We have to be able to do better than that!

I thought the Clintons were the ultimate political machine and yet, before our very eyes, they keep stepping in it. I think she's done!!

April 11, 2008 03:40 pm at 3:40 pm |
  5. Helene

Here we go ! The odd couple is at it again. So Hillary C. supporters, you want this rigmarole AGAIN in the White House ? Please !

April 11, 2008 03:40 pm at 3:40 pm |
  6. Citizen who votes

The sad part is Bill is right. The media is self serving and eventually, Obama will feel the heat of the media....only if the media can destroy Hillary's chances....They may be suprised, women voters do not have to speak their piece, they will speak loudly in the election.

April 11, 2008 03:40 pm at 3:40 pm |
  7. Mel Springfield, Oregon

Surprise, surprise.
    *shakes head*

April 11, 2008 03:40 pm at 3:40 pm |
  8. honkey white guy from cali

Larry Sinclair- Get it threw your heads people this story was completely discredited. the guy is a broke Queen that wanted his 5 seconds of fame. After he posted his stunt on U-tube it was totally discredited by most people with in 5 min by simple internet investigation. Sen Obama was not even in that area at the time and date he stated he was 300 miles away! and there is many people who spoke up and said there is no way his story has any credit people I keep saying it read and investigate not just he headlines or coying other peoples post .

April 11, 2008 03:40 pm at 3:40 pm |
  9. Kevin

Both of you should knock it off and go to your separate bedrooms for a time-out!

April 11, 2008 03:41 pm at 3:41 pm |
  10. Cornel

LOL! so she get's mad when he tries to defend her, but not when he's hooking up with the intern??? O well...

April 11, 2008 03:41 pm at 3:41 pm |
  11. Never Forget

If she's tired at 11pm, how is she going to answer the red phone at 3am. Oh, I forgot, Monica will answer it!

April 11, 2008 03:41 pm at 3:41 pm |
  12. Jim

My God, when is the American public going to get some common sense and logic. The Clinton's have already disgraced the White House once. Do you know when you can tell when a Clinton is lying..............the second they open their mouth.

April 11, 2008 03:41 pm at 3:41 pm |
  13. HILLARY!

The people on this blog that are anti-Hillary obviously have already made up their minds......the thing is, Hillary supporters have been through YEARS of republican attacks, we've lived LONGER, and will stand by Hillary no matter what msm does......The funny part is, the last minute deciders always go for HILLARY.....a fact that the cherry picked polls never show, but election night always confirms....therefore, Hillary will win PA big-time and I can't wait for the news "pundits" to drop their jaw, yet again on April 22.......hey, where's the story about the MARCH ON MEDIA BIAS THIS MORNING IN NEW YORK????????? Too afraid to cover it?????

April 11, 2008 03:42 pm at 3:42 pm |
  14. Jen

What a circus to put into the whitehouse... I certainly hope not!! Id rather watch soaps on tv than have to endure the soaps of the Daily lives of the Clintons in Office.

GO Obama!!

April 11, 2008 03:42 pm at 3:42 pm |
  15. Michael Lorton, Virginia

Yes Mam.............Sorry I got the confabulations wrong........who wears the pants in that family? Good question for Chelesa on her campaign tour.

April 11, 2008 03:42 pm at 3:42 pm |
  16. iks

Do you really want this Bozo back in the White House? Bill, us Obamacans want to thank you for being the gift that just keeps on giving!

April 11, 2008 03:42 pm at 3:42 pm |
  17. what a joke these two are

hey John, its not only what she has to put up with. Look what he has to kiss....ha......... This marriage is a sham anyway....

April 11, 2008 03:42 pm at 3:42 pm |
  18. HILLARY!

Hello....

April 11, 2008 03:42 pm at 3:42 pm |
  19. Caryn, DC

That's great Bill! She's too tired to remember that she wasn't gunned down by sniper fire in Bosnia but she'll be awake at 3am?
    If her 60 year old, addled brain can't remember sniper fire at 11pm, we're all doomed.

April 11, 2008 03:43 pm at 3:43 pm |
  20. Pat M Canada

Jeesh I dunno but sure looks like Billy is getting to be quite a handcapp for Hillary! HA...

The silver tongued articulate orator supreme can't even win a smile these days ! Poor Bill. It truly must be exasperating to drop so quickly from the most popular , well paid, speaker in the World to the most criticized non-paid, Speaker in America! I'm wondering if that old adage really carries water. You know the one that says, "what goes around comes around." It sure looks like it's coming full around for Bill ! If he and Hillary don't stop trying to mend their mis-speaks they're going to mending way into 2010 for as quick as they mend one or the other unravels! I hope they don't take up knitting! HA

April 11, 2008 03:43 pm at 3:43 pm |
  21. The Dude

It's like I'm watching an episode of the Odd Couple.

April 11, 2008 03:43 pm at 3:43 pm |
  22. fcrooster

The Clintons haven’t changed!

Mark Penn reinforces the double standard the Clintons have always practiced, or how the rules of the game have always applied to everybody else but them. They don't know how to play fair. They're as bad as the Republicans they've whined about. I laughed out loud when Senator Clinton, speaking about President Bush's latest stance on Iraq this week, said something like: "I will face reality and bring our troops home." I'm a staunch Democrat and a Boomer for Obama...why? One reason is I can never believe anything the Clintons say. They'll say anything! They live only in their reality, which is pretty fantastic.

Forget Mark Penn! Senator Clinton hasn't let him go anyway. And there stands President Clinton out on the trail lying about his wife to his audiences. He blames the media for revving up her Bosnia lies, and then he tells a bunch more lies in the process. Mon Dieu! The American people need to fire the Clintons, as they're no better than what they seek to change.

April 11, 2008 03:43 pm at 3:43 pm |
  23. HILLARY!

Hey, why is Michelle Obama HIDING???????? Too much risk of her opening her mouth?????

April 11, 2008 03:44 pm at 3:44 pm |
  24. F.

To Concerned they didnt post one of mine earlier either probably because I said something about Chelseas boyfriends political family that is in jail for fraud...so they probably wont post this one either

April 11, 2008 03:44 pm at 3:44 pm |
  25. Dennis

I think Hillary was wise to tell him to shut up. His defense of her wasn't going to help her any. All it did was rekindle the fire. I'm an Obama supporter, but I sometimes feel bad for Bill. I think he is desperately trying to help his wife win, but in his fervor to do so, he frequently makes things worse.

April 11, 2008 03:44 pm at 3:44 pm |