April 13th, 2008

Clinton takes a shot . . . of whiskey

ALT TEXT

Sen. Clinton enjoyed a shot of whiskey Saturday night in Indiana. (Photo Credit: AP)

CROWN POINT, Indiana – After a day of taking shots at rival Sen. Barack Obama over his "bitter" remarks, Sen. Hillary Clinton relaxed in Crown Point, Indiana and took a shot of a different kind – Crown Royal whiskey.

Clinton was at Bronko’s Restaurant having a beer when the bartender asked, “You want a shot with that Hillary?” After some deliberation, Clinton settled on a shot of Crown Royal, a Canadian whiskey.

Later in the evening, the Democratic presidential hopeful also sat down and had some pizza.

Related video: Watch Clinton have some whiskey on Saturday night

Filed under: Hillary Clinton • Indiana
  1. joe

After finding out Bill was on the other side of the White House with Lewinski, Hillary went to Goucher College in Baltimore, Maryland and made a speech. Part of her speech included these words....We have a choice how to react. We can be pulled down by these disappointments, or we can be made BITTER and angry. But then we are losers....... Some may think Obama stereotyped us but Hillary called us bitter and losers years ago. Go figure!

April 13, 2008 10:55 am at 10:55 am |
  2. ILoveAmerica

First she's a gun lover, then she's drinking whiskey – now, will someone please bring the lady some chewing tobacco?

Hillary's attempts to turn herself into "one of the boys" are becoming ludicrous. I guarantee she'll change a tire on a pickup truck before this campaign is over.

April 13, 2008 10:55 am at 10:55 am |
  3. Patrick Anthony Drake/Atlanta, GA

I'm a beer drinker myself.

Go Hillary!

April 13, 2008 10:56 am at 10:56 am |
  4. Sherylanne

Obama again, with his "misstatements" then we will see him give a glorified speech and all will be forgiven..NOT THIS TIME.

He, as well as his wife Michelle, constantly show their dislike of the "typical white American". From the embracing of their Pastor Wright, to Michelle's comment "America is mean".

Obama was raised in an elitist lifestyle and he never had to wonder where his next meal was coming from or losing his home. He was given a good life that most of us will never obtain. He cannot relate to the daily struggles of us blue-collar workers.

I am struggling on how am I going to survive. I watch my children struggling; losing their homes, their jobs, their spirit. I do not embrace guns or religion to help me survive; I look to God for strength and trust the path he has placed for us.

My bubble has broken with the Obamas and I really did believe. I am looking at Clinton differently; she does understand the struggles and her having a drink is no different than Obama bowling.

April 13, 2008 10:57 am at 10:57 am |
  5. SN from MN

I notice CNN is not allowing comments on Obama's "clinging to religion" issue, but on the other hand, they are allowing the Obama generation continue to take shots at Sen. Clinton. Nice even handedness!

NObama!

Hillary '08!

April 13, 2008 10:57 am at 10:57 am |
  6. Brian from California

She probably wanted to celebrate when her staff told her that Obama's tax plan will hit people in Pennsylvania with taxes in the 64% when you factor in the removal of the ceiling of $200,000 and the 12.5% tax for Medicare and Social Security. In addition, he will hit the Corporation with an additional 10% tax. He will punish you and I and business that hire you and I so hard it will be by far an OBMANATION!!! Any smart businessman will leave and go to another country and hire the people in that country, duh!!!

Oh I kow what you democrats are going to say, business is evil and needs to be punished, that we should live in a welfare state. I disagree and the irony is that by raising taxes you end up slowing the economy significantly that you end up receiving less tax revenue than when it is bustling.

Do you think CNN, MSNBC or any of the main string media want to talk about ever plan to talk about the Obama tax plan and how hard it will hit everybody

April 13, 2008 10:58 am at 10:58 am |
  7. Karen

If she'll do this in public, what does she do in private? This doesn't look Presidential at all!

April 13, 2008 10:58 am at 10:58 am |
  8. alice2

CANADIAN whiskey – Doesn't that mean Hillary is ANTI-AMERICAN??? – If that was Barack, Hillary would be accusing him of being ANTI-AMERICAN, also another strike against him for DRINKING ALACHOL. It is obvious Hillary is getting so desperate to fit in & get votes she will stoop to doing anything. She is getting more & more ridiculous & just laughable to think she's running for Pres of U.S.

April 13, 2008 10:59 am at 10:59 am |
  9. Dianne

Gee, I wonder if she drinks whiskey while handling her guns!!?? Anything thing for a vote!!!

April 13, 2008 10:59 am at 10:59 am |
  10. henriettap

Hillary is trying to keep Obamas statement out front because she still hasn't come up with her taxes for the last year and she is also trying to get people to forget that she still has Mark Penn on her staff also if she does this then she hopes that people will forget about her forgetting that she did not land under fire in Bosnia as she kept repeating.Then Bill gets on the stomp for her and lets people know how forgetful she is at the age of 60,and when she gets the 3:00 in the morning call she will need all of her faculties about her.Now he has lived with her all these years so he should know her faults.And she can't come up with where some of her and Bills millions come from I say they are the elitest.And as for McCain he is still having problems remembering who the warring factions are in the middle east.And probably still has has his friend Charles Keating on his mind.

April 13, 2008 10:59 am at 10:59 am |
  11. M Johnson

Once again dirt, slander and 'entertaining' distractions prove to be the essence of American politics. Then we complain about the quality of our leadership? We wonder why young people shy away?

April 13, 2008 10:59 am at 10:59 am |
  12. Delaware

What Obama meant is all the lies that Candidates like Hillary is telling us during campaign and when they get elected they forget about us. He was was talking about the old Washington way that people are fed up with. Do not negotiate trade with Columbia and when we find out you tell us you were opposed it. This is what people are bitter against the lies the fake promises. Not because you told us that you were opposed the trade deal with Columbia does not mean we believe you. Hillary is telling us that she is experience has she been president before? No! Neither is McCain and Obama. We need a trustworthy president with good judgment not Hillary. She told us lies about Bosnia and Columbia enough is enough.

April 13, 2008 10:59 am at 10:59 am |
  13. Chris - PA

After Obama's "bitter" remarks – I'm not supporting him. This article shows Hillary fun, and cool side. I like it.

April 13, 2008 10:59 am at 10:59 am |
  14. Annie

Elite= a group of people considered to be the best in a particular society or category, esp. because of their power, talent, or wealth : China's educated elite | [as adj. ] an elite combat force.

Why is it so bad to be considered "elite"? Why is intellectual capability and advanced education frowned upon in our country? Many people who are at the top worked VERY hard to get there and weren't handed their successes or born into them. Obama is one of those people. I want the elite running our country...the "average guy" who got C's in school and would rather clear brush than read a book has done our country a LOT of harm.

And, if you agree with the logic that elite is bad, how do you justify voting for the woman who has made over $100 million dollars, whose daughter got a 6 figure salary at a hedge fund fresh out of college (and has no student loans to pay back), who lies continuously to the American people because she underestimates our capability to see through her? I just don't get it.

April 13, 2008 10:59 am at 10:59 am |
  15. Ethan

Wow, what do they only post the most inane comments on here? "Obama is out of touch!"... "Obamaniancs only care about themselves"..."omg CANADIAN whiskey"... Just goes to show the intellectual level of CNN's viewers. It's time people wake up and get their news from local sources, blogs, and European papers that won't spin every single thing these poor candidates do. I happen to like Crown Royal and think it's funny that she apparently has pretty good taste in liquor. I am a Hillary supporter, but an Obama voter.

April 13, 2008 11:00 am at 11:00 am |
  16. demo crazy

my lord, CNN: please, all your articles are on Clinton. You have yet to explain and cover the issue of Nafta and the Colombians,Bill and his remarks about Bosnia, w hich you have totally ignored, and yes she has been talking about the bitter remarks to get us all away from those remarks, but the people are not dumb as she call us......

please report the truth, she is drinking while working???
    she lies
    her husband lies about what the media said,
    her daugther does not want to respond to answers, yet she wants to publically campaign,
    what a joke

April 13, 2008 11:00 am at 11:00 am |
  17. WISDOM

Come on Billary Supporters!

I think she is done! I have seen enough lies out of her mouth.
    Do you want me to remind those to you die hard Billary supporters?

Ok! Here they are:
    1. Vote "Yes" on Iraq war: You said you din't know that you're voting for the war even though the title of the resolution was "Authorization of military force against Iraq".

2. Vote for the energy bill that gave huge tax breaks to oil companies, then when you're asked about this vote during the debate in LA, your response was: "Well, I voted for it then, but I was hoping that the bill does not go through" It reminds me the "Flip-Flop" woe that eventually gave 4 more year to Bush.

3. Promoting the "NAFTA" when she was the first lady, now she said she was always against the NAFTA? If you think this is not a misleading, then what is misleading?

4. Vote for the Bankruptcy Reform Bill that makes ordinary people like us will have very hard to have a second chance when you're in "a tough luck" situation.

5. Bosnia sniper fire? Well, let's give her that as a joke....She is kind a lady who feels OK to mix a little lie if it makes her story more appealing to people like you die hard Billay supporters.

6. Should I go on? I really hate her when she undermines people's intelligence. If you don't feel insulted when she speaks lies like these, then you truly deserve McBush for 4 years.

Sometimes acknowledging the truth takes more than emotional feelings from your heart, but a wise man will ask God for WISDOM!

Now, honestly, who do you think posses WISDOM? Billary, McBush or
    Barack Obama? I think if you have a bit of wisdom, then you will know the answer to this question. I'm a patriotic American who believes in Jesus as my personal saver. When I think about what Jesus teach us and what's going on in this country's politics, they are contradicting in some degree. So we do need some change in politics. Let's hope that we can make this change in this November. God bless you and America and whole world (not just whole white world)!

April 13, 2008 11:00 am at 11:00 am |
  18. lol

hillary is such a people person, she understands small town PA, and small town America. barack doesn't connect with them, and his recent statements prove that. he will never win a general election. the swift boat people will have a field day with all of his "words that matter".

April 13, 2008 11:00 am at 11:00 am |
  19. Karen

April 13, 2008 11:00 am at 11:00 am |
  20. jimmy velman

PIZZA AND BEER AND ONE FOR THE ROAD . THAT'S GOOD WHEN YOU'RE ON THE ROAD CAMPAIGNING AND YOU NEED TO SIT AND HAVE A QUICK LITTLE SNACK AND NO TIME FOR A SIT DOWN DINNER. AND HAVE A CHAT WITH PEOPLE IN THE RESTAURANT.
    THAT'S THE KIND OF ATMOSPHERE, I WOULD LIKE TO SEE HILLARY TOO. UNFORTUNATELY THERE ARE TOO MANY PEOPLE WANTING THE SAME THING AND WHAT WITH SO MANY SECURITY PEOPLE, ONE CANT JUST FOLLOW HILLARY EVERYWHERE.
    NOW, THESE PEOPLE WHO CRITICIZE HILLARY FOR EVERYTHING SHE DOES, EVEN IN THIS LITTLE OFF THE ROAD EATING PLACE
    AND PUTTING CYNICAL COMMENTS IS JUST MEAN AND IDIOTIC.
    WHERE DO PEOPPLE LIKE THEM GET OFF?.

April 13, 2008 11:00 am at 11:00 am |
  21. Rob

Gotta love Hillary. She is a real people person. She is so connected to the people she would make the best president.

Hillary for President or if must be McCain

April 13, 2008 11:00 am at 11:00 am |
  22. demo crazy

I am now going to give Senator Obama's campaign a donation, ..........

April 13, 2008 11:01 am at 11:01 am |
  23. Common Sense

This woman is trying to prove she's a man... what's with her? I think she's going psycho....

April 13, 2008 11:01 am at 11:01 am |
  24. Ryan

Lol, nihilism isn't "herself or nothing". If you're talking about ethics, then it is a rejection of morality and of all claims to power. It is essentially believing in nothing, or the idea of believing in nothing. So it isn't about one's self per se.

April 13, 2008 11:01 am at 11:01 am |
  25. Edwin Morales

What a role model guns, Canadian Whiskey? Is that picture what you want your daughter to grow up to be??? I kind of like the painful but honest. Sorry Hillary you are not it.

April 13, 2008 11:02 am at 11:02 am |