April 13th, 2008

Clinton takes a shot . . . of whiskey

ALT TEXT

Sen. Clinton enjoyed a shot of whiskey Saturday night in Indiana. (Photo Credit: AP)

CROWN POINT, Indiana – After a day of taking shots at rival Sen. Barack Obama over his "bitter" remarks, Sen. Hillary Clinton relaxed in Crown Point, Indiana and took a shot of a different kind – Crown Royal whiskey.

Clinton was at Bronko’s Restaurant having a beer when the bartender asked, “You want a shot with that Hillary?” After some deliberation, Clinton settled on a shot of Crown Royal, a Canadian whiskey.

Later in the evening, the Democratic presidential hopeful also sat down and had some pizza.

Related video: Watch Clinton have some whiskey on Saturday night

Filed under: Hillary Clinton • Indiana
  1. John G Charleston SC

McCain would have taken a shot of Jack Daniels...

What would Obama have taken a shot of I wonder...

April 13, 2008 11:16 am at 11:16 am |
  2. JC

People, everyone needs to understand this. It doesn't matter that she's drinking the whiskey. It's that she doesn't have to pay for it like you and me. The Clintons have all this money but still get all those perks. And everyone still loves the Clintons (the ones that only really care for themselves)

April 13, 2008 11:18 am at 11:18 am |
  3. Joanne

Why is my article not being posted?????????????????????

April 13, 2008 11:18 am at 11:18 am |
  4. Patricia

1st a gun , now a shot of whiskey now we just need to get her on a 4 wheeler, we will make a republic out of her yet!!!! LOL

April 13, 2008 11:20 am at 11:20 am |
  5. Laura

who cares?

April 13, 2008 11:20 am at 11:20 am |
  6. Philip Smith

Enought with "bitter" since it doesn't compare to "sniper fire." This coverage is enough to drive one to drink. Will 22 April fast enough?

April 13, 2008 11:20 am at 11:20 am |
  7. Ade

"Hillary's Problem is Obama's Problem":

The problem with Hillary and Bill is that they are NOT AUTHENTIC. You could even read it from Hillary's facial expression. She is too FAKE. However, it is becoming clearer to me that DECEPTION is what you need to win an election in America, and these goes all the way to define who Americans really are: GULLIBLE, if not how can Clinton still be in the race to be the leader of the "MOST GULLIBLE country in the World"

In the case of Obama, he is too AUTHENTIC for America politics. Good for him, he is being schooled on how in America, politician should not speak the TRUTH. Here, you can't just continue to be honest with your words and expect to win votes. The way to do politics in America is to tell the people what they want to hear, even if it is not the TRUTH. Drink whiskey where voters love to drink whiskey, claim you are an avid hunter where people like hunting even if you have never shoot a catapult. Obama if you want to win an election in America, GO AND LEARN HOW TO TELL LIES!

April 13, 2008 11:21 am at 11:21 am |
  8. Melanie

She'll need another drink when she realizes America is not buying what she's trying to sell–baloney.

April 13, 2008 11:21 am at 11:21 am |
  9. Adam

THIS IS A NEWS STORY?

April 13, 2008 11:22 am at 11:22 am |
  10. gerald strother

SHE HAS NO SHAME CLINTONS, WE ARE ALL BITTER ABOUT YOU MAKING MILLIONS OFF NAFTA WHILE THE REAL AMERICA IS TRYING TO FIND JOBS THAT YOU SENT OVERSEAS

April 13, 2008 11:23 am at 11:23 am |
  11. Alice

You gotta be a fool to be fooled by this woman. When will Hillary realize it is all over? For me, I relish the thought of seeing the Clintons throw a tantrum when thsy finally fold.

April 13, 2008 11:23 am at 11:23 am |
  12. c

Sen. Clinton takes a shot of whiskey? It's all for the vote. OK..so I now tell my daughter, that in addition to pretentious crying and out and out lying and other evils I forgot, she's going to have to learn to take a whiskey shot.

That's if she wants to be President. Wonder if I can persuade her to be a Dentist instead?

April 13, 2008 11:24 am at 11:24 am |
  13. Miles

How is this news?
    It looks like it is another way to show the Pennsylvanians that Hillary is in touch. Is CNN working for the Clinton campaign? Is CNN getting paid yet? Y'all sure ain't doing real journalism. Shame on you CNN

April 13, 2008 11:24 am at 11:24 am |
  14. Mae

I drank whiskey.
    My daddy taught me to shoot a gun.
    I changed a tire on a pickup (it was American made)
    I drove a double clutch farm truck.
    I baled hay.
    I can tell you right now. Hillary is not a real man. I am.
    Vote for me.

Seriously she is doing exactly what Obama expected her to do. Sink low and go after the gun vote and the religious vote to distract folks from her record on NAFTA, her lies on the trail and her millions in the bank.

April 13, 2008 11:25 am at 11:25 am |
  15. Mr Brandon Hiller

This is funny she calls Obama elitist but takes a shot of fine Canadian wiskey in Indiana, where she should have had Jack. We all know who the elitist is.

April 13, 2008 11:25 am at 11:25 am |
  16. Rick in Pennsylvania

The headline should have been more like Hillary sipped a shot.

April 13, 2008 11:25 am at 11:25 am |
  17. maynard

she is the woman of many faces and this is on the way to prove it

April 13, 2008 11:26 am at 11:26 am |
  18. Candi

I hope that everyone can now see that Hillary do not want Obama to get all the action. Why did Hillary make a fool of herself and drank whiskey? What else did she do after getting drunk. This is sad. Hillary no standards at all when it comes to this campaign election. No morals at all, she seem to enjoy every shot she drank.

April 13, 2008 11:26 am at 11:26 am |
  19. brittany

Wow people. The woman is human. If she wants to take a shot and eat pizza, so be it. If I was in her shoes right now I'd be doing a lot more than one shot.

April 13, 2008 11:26 am at 11:26 am |
  20. Peter

She is worth 109M+dollars anyway. Loook the people she is drinking with. They are not regular folks. No wonder Obama has such a support!

April 13, 2008 11:28 am at 11:28 am |
  21. Tony in NM

alcohol and guns....

what a role model for the young

April 13, 2008 11:30 am at 11:30 am |
  22. jfz

These politicians will do anything except discuss the issues (they'll mention them, but not say what they'll do about them). They're driving ME to drink - Wish I could afford what they're guzzling!

April 13, 2008 11:30 am at 11:30 am |
  23. Franky

Whiskey!?!? Man, she's crazy....LOL!!

April 13, 2008 11:31 am at 11:31 am |
  24. Ilove Obama

I wonder how many gallons of whiskey she will drink before November.
    We just happen to see this .

April 13, 2008 11:31 am at 11:31 am |
  25. ben

Hillary is wishing what you won't get!

April 13, 2008 11:31 am at 11:31 am |