April 13th, 2008

Clinton takes a shot . . . of whiskey

ALT TEXT

Sen. Clinton enjoyed a shot of whiskey Saturday night in Indiana. (Photo Credit: AP)

CROWN POINT, Indiana – After a day of taking shots at rival Sen. Barack Obama over his "bitter" remarks, Sen. Hillary Clinton relaxed in Crown Point, Indiana and took a shot of a different kind – Crown Royal whiskey.

Clinton was at Bronko’s Restaurant having a beer when the bartender asked, “You want a shot with that Hillary?” After some deliberation, Clinton settled on a shot of Crown Royal, a Canadian whiskey.

Later in the evening, the Democratic presidential hopeful also sat down and had some pizza.

Related video: Watch Clinton have some whiskey on Saturday night

Filed under: Hillary Clinton • Indiana
  1. steve laster

If obama drank Crown Royal, CNN wouldn't have even mentioned it's Canadian Wisky.

CNN is biased and rating are showing.

April 13, 2008 11:31 am at 11:31 am |
  2. CL

She can drink an Obamabot under the table.

April 13, 2008 11:31 am at 11:31 am |
  3. Matt

Actually Jean, the Obama supports are the educated ones. The one who are capable of seeing through the lies of HRC. The ones that understand she will do anything to get a vote.

The HRC voters are the same ones who voted for Bush because he wasn't "elitist." It turns out he was as is HRC.

Why are Americans afraid of individuals who are capable of deep thought?

Gore, Kerry, Obama, J. Carter scare people because they are smarter than the average person and that somehow that is insulting to the common voter.

Our leaders should be smart and think outside the box! Talking intelligently does not mean you are elitist. HRC is a piece of work. If she STEALS the election she will get beat in the general and the first children who will be drafted for McCain's Iran war (every repub. needs their own war to validate their patriotism) are the blue collar work's son's who want HRC. Lets see if she'll stop by for a shot then? Actually she'll probably be too busy to vote for the war.

April 13, 2008 11:31 am at 11:31 am |
  4. Jamie

CNN:

WHO CARES?!

April 13, 2008 11:32 am at 11:32 am |
  5. Lynn

Obama is using the Rev Wrights tactics slamming one sector (small town USA) to score votes with another. In Obama's case, rich white people. A trick straight out of the Rev Wright's hand book. Cheers Hilary. You deserve a break.

April 13, 2008 11:32 am at 11:32 am |
  6. ne, pa independent

The Clintons will say and do anything to be elected...it's so ridiculously obvious.
    Oh, and I'm in PA and yes, I'm bitter. In fact, that's putting it mildly.

April 13, 2008 11:34 am at 11:34 am |
  7. lil

Susan, if thats all it took to change you mind about Obamo you are
    not very loyal and wouldnt have voted for him anyway.

April 13, 2008 11:34 am at 11:34 am |
  8. Independent Now for Integrity and humility in Politics = Obama

I bet the dumb hillary supporters eat this stuff up... Ask yourself this, do you really want a candidate that changes with the wind to garner votes. I don't think you can deny that Hillary will do anything and everything to win the nomination, even if it means dividing the democratic party. How can you guys not realize that Hillary's own ambition is the reason she wants to win, it has nothing to do with helping people.

April 13, 2008 11:35 am at 11:35 am |
  9. Valerie

Okay, let’s get real. The reason all the cable networks are adding political shows to their line-up is because of the excitement of this election. You take away Barack, there is no more excitement. The ratings and the revenue will go down.

People are excited about politics because of Barack Obama. If I had to watch Hillary and McCain for four years, I’d opt for watching paint dry. My husband pointed out the fact that if I don’t hear Barack’s name in two minutes of watching the news, I change the channel. He may be right, I get bored listening to lies, or beating war drums.

April 13, 2008 11:35 am at 11:35 am |
  10. ILOVEAMERICAMOST

I am just surprised after reading the nasty low life mean spirited comments from most of the posters that Hillary stopped at just one. She seems to have more balls than most of the men that ran against her, or the supposedly "male" senators of her own party including the empty suit running against her.

April 13, 2008 11:35 am at 11:35 am |
  11. Brandon

Am I missing something, or does this seem like a joke on the behalf of the writers? It's obviously nothing newsworthy. She just drank some whisky and ate some pizza. As one person above said, what's next; Obama eats potato chips? Obama goes bowling?

Oh, wait...

April 13, 2008 11:35 am at 11:35 am |
  12. Roxanne NY

Oh she is one tough gal! I would love to have her as my president!

April 13, 2008 11:35 am at 11:35 am |
  13. jfeist

I can't believe I'm actually reading something as totally irrelevant as this. I have so much else to do. This fluffy non-news is such procrastination fodder....

April 13, 2008 11:35 am at 11:35 am |
  14. Diane, DE

Folks in PA know the difference between a real arguement and bull hockey. Barack will win PA and go on to win the nomination. No matter what someone else says.

Go Barack.

April 13, 2008 11:37 am at 11:37 am |
  15. Penn State

Obama supporters are so bitter and out of touch with America!!!

April 13, 2008 11:37 am at 11:37 am |
  16. American

See how Hillary and McCain will pretend that we have no problems so that they will have less responsibility.

April 13, 2008 11:37 am at 11:37 am |
  17. Paula

I wish I could have a drink of delicious whiskey with her. Our brothers and sister to the north, do make the best. Give the lady a break, she deserves a shot of whiskey.

April 13, 2008 11:38 am at 11:38 am |
  18. david

Hillary is a copy cat. she is doing what Obama is doing. Obama statred visiting bars first and then now Hillary is doing the same. Obama is a leader and Hillary is a follower. here you go.

April 13, 2008 11:38 am at 11:38 am |
  19. Antoinette

ok, this is news......

Slow weekend huh CNN

April 13, 2008 11:38 am at 11:38 am |
  20. steven

Of course she's drinking. Her campaign is in shambles and all she has left to talk about is the other candidate. Her argument amounts to this. I'm bad, but he's worse. Get a life.

April 13, 2008 11:39 am at 11:39 am |
  21. sub-urban anywhere

I think I would have done the same thing, only maybe two

April 13, 2008 11:39 am at 11:39 am |
  22. tim

All those people behind her have deals with foreign goverment. Thank you Hillary. I am bitter because you sign deals that ship our jobs overseas. Sorry Hillary and your company!

April 13, 2008 11:40 am at 11:40 am |
  23. ANTI CLINTONS

She looks like the poster child from "morons are us"

April 13, 2008 11:41 am at 11:41 am |
  24. Martha, VT

She's a silly, selfish woman. This election is all about Hillary, 24/7.

Obama 08

April 13, 2008 11:41 am at 11:41 am |
  25. jw, canadian,ok

A good woman and good whiskey – I'll drink to that.

April 13, 2008 11:41 am at 11:41 am |