April 14th, 2008

New Clinton ad: Obama is 'out of touch'

CNN

Watch Sen. Clinton's new ad, "Pennsylvania."

(CNN) - Hillary Clinton’s campaign released a tough new ad Monday that features the reactions of some of her Pennsylvania supporters who say they were “insulted” by Barack Obama’s controversial recent comments about some small-town Americans.

The 30-second spot – which echoes several days of similar criticism from Clinton and her campaign - features a diverse group of voters reacting to Obama’s comments a week ago that some of the state’s residents were “bitter” and turning to guns and religion because of economic pressures.

Full script follows:

Woman 1: I was very insulted by Barack Obama.

Man 1: It just shows how out of touch Barack Obama is.

Woman 2: I'm not clinging to my faith out of frustration and bitterness. I find that my faith is very uplifting.

Man 2: The good people of Pennsylvania deserve a lot better than what Barack Obama said.

Woman 1: Hillary does understand the citizens of Pennsylvania better.

Woman 3: Hillary Clinton has been fighting for people like us her whole life.

Filed under: Ads • Hillary Clinton • Pennsylvania
  1. Dominique

Why he keeps saying one thing up front and another behind the door?I cannot trust his change.
    Go Hillary ha ha ha he is a young lier.

April 14, 2008 07:27 pm at 7:27 pm |
  2. Niel

Yes, Obama is out of touch.
    He has not yet learned to paly dirty politics. I like him a lot but I hate him for his defensive approach.
    You goota play what others are playing.

Spend all the money describing the lies of Hillary and not defending how good you are.

People notice negative things fast and you have to tell them what they want to hear.

For me, I am turning Republican. They at least know how to run the party. Moreover, if Dems can't run the party, I do not expect to run the government, let alone the world.

April 14, 2008 07:27 pm at 7:27 pm |
  3. Ralph Spyer

Prejudice will fall in a combat with interest. THOMAS PAINE Yesterdays religion is today mythology; today mysticism is tomorrow"s religions.The religion of one age is the literary entertainment of the next. A gun is a recreational tool,like a golf club or a tennis racket.You can kill someone with a golf club, you know. In Chicago we lost 5 solders in Iraq so far in 5 years and over 50 school children have been killed in the Chicago schools by guns in the past 5 years. We live in a culture that would absolutely fall apart if the thuth were told'

April 14, 2008 07:27 pm at 7:27 pm |
  4. Tyler

I wonder how much they were paid to make up those statements in the commercial.

April 14, 2008 07:28 pm at 7:28 pm |
  5. Big Tex

I am sad to here that Hillary Clinton would be willing to Distroy us all.......

I glad that Obama sail above the trash talk and sticking to the issues.

I remember when he had many opportunities to hit you hard but he didn't.

Obama thought about the party instead of slaming your lying A#$% or you IMPEACHED Ex President husband.

April 14, 2008 07:28 pm at 7:28 pm |
  6. Barbara

How many times has Obama had to explain what he meant because he used the wrong words?

If he is elected president, will he make speeches about or to foreign countries. After the damage has been done, will he need to explain
    that he used the wrong words.

April 14, 2008 07:28 pm at 7:28 pm |
  7. francis

Obama's mask finally came off. He's arrogant and is so out of touch with the average person. His comments were made behind closed doors to his wealthy fundraisers. Wake up people, what you see is not what your going to get.

April 14, 2008 07:28 pm at 7:28 pm |
  8. chris

Obama is an elitist.

He attended this very swank high school in Hawaii, http://www.punahou.edu

His wife makes $370,000 a year and cant make ends meet.

This Obama couple opens their mouth and says the wrong thing way too much.

We know and trust Hillary Clinton.

Obama is scary.

April 14, 2008 07:28 pm at 7:28 pm |
  9. Hillbillary

It won't work. This kitchen sink is not nearly as bad as the Bosnia lies she told. Not nearly.

Obama 08 for sure

April 14, 2008 07:28 pm at 7:28 pm |
  10. Charmy

Hillary has stooped to an all time low and comes across as a desperate bitter woman. Of course we are bitter–we are loosing are homes, can't afford the gas prices, and the cost of food is raising. And what about this stupid war that is costing us billions,trillions of dollars. And how dare she accused Obama of being an elitist when she has 109 million. Shame on you Hillary. I can't wait till this is over and her and Bill (partner in crime, liar) go away!

April 14, 2008 07:28 pm at 7:28 pm |
  11. Meister

Obama was correct in his accurate and honest statements about US. WE are frustrated, and WE are not happy with the current state of affairs. Hilary is destroying herself by her childish petty attacks on Obama sound bites. He doesn't do this to her.

April 14, 2008 07:28 pm at 7:28 pm |
  12. Bill in SF

yeah...hillary is now a bible-thumpin', gun totin', whiskey drinkin', tobacco chewin', NASCAR racin' everyman (or in her case everywoman). What is next? Will she start attending Professional Wrestling matches, get endorsed by Hulk Hogan and Vince McMahaon? Maybe get into a drunken brawal? Stuff down KFC buckets of chicken and beer during breaks in her campaign speeches? Please...how phoney and condescending. At least when Barak is being condescending he apologizes.

April 14, 2008 07:29 pm at 7:29 pm |
  13. Golden Chica

And the Obamamaniacs are back in the attack. Give it up already. Your candidate just put his foot in the mouth and that will seal the nomination for Hillary and the voters of Pennsylvania will show him his way out of the race. Go Hillary '08.

April 14, 2008 07:29 pm at 7:29 pm |
  14. Cannot Believe this

I cannot believe how Lou Dobbs has Attacked obama and completly distorted his words tryning to portray obama's words as an Attack on Small Town America.
    He tried to iterate how Americans arent bitter like obama claims
    Here is the irony
    Isnt Lou Dobbs the same guy who goes Insane over US immigration policies, Defence contracts and Economic policies that almost every night he just has to Call the US government, including congress and all the different departments of government a bunch of "IDIOTS". That sounds like a bitter American to me.
    And here he claims Obama is out of touch, trying to lay the blame on the people of penslavania

April 14, 2008 07:30 pm at 7:30 pm |
  15. Rick in Oregon

Can you people that think that is so low really be serious? This is politics people and it's a tough business. If Hillary had said something like Obama said, you Obama lovers would have been all over it and saying what an elitist she is. Think about it. Put the shoe on the other foot.

The fact is, your candidate got caught and he has to pay the piper for it.

Speaking of getting caught....look at this article to shed a little light in this horrible "lie" about Bosnia you love to harp on. Sounds to me like she wasn't too far off, and perhaps you need to get off of your soap box.

Obama fans = Truly bitter.

April 14, 2008 07:30 pm at 7:30 pm |
  16. Anna

Shes really looking bad. Think she should let it go and preserve what integrety she might have left

April 14, 2008 07:30 pm at 7:30 pm |
  17. hillary is toast!

Hillary calling Obama elitist is absolutely amazing, especially coming on the heels of her $110 million windfall disclosure. She somehow thinks her millions in the bank puts her among the common people who she claims to fight so hard for- what a joke! She is the one out of touch...

April 14, 2008 07:30 pm at 7:30 pm |
  18. Frank

Do you think this is a strategy to win ? No.

There is no way in hell that I – as a Democrat – would ever vote for a person who acts like being possessed by Karl Rowe, McCain and the Republican Party !

Hillary Clinton is a disgrace, a mad old woman who leans on her husband for fame and who has so many faces that you don't know who she will play tomorrow.

About 12 months ago I was somewhat 'ok' with Hillary Clinton – today I have to say that I like her about as much as George Bush !

April 14, 2008 07:30 pm at 7:30 pm |
  19. Marne D

Hoorah for those sheep accepting their newly realized redneck nature! May their following – however blind – not lead us off some cliff.

Being personified as a homophobic and racist religious fanatic is not something I can easily wrap myself around. Perhaps I should see about trading in my briefcase and kitten pumps for a shotgun and a bible.

April 14, 2008 07:30 pm at 7:30 pm |
  20. Bklyn Bouy

people i only gat two sites for y'all. SHAME on HILLARY.

She complained about Magnequench, this deal was closed in 1995, can someone tell me who was the president then? now she is saying President Bush refused to block the deal.

SHE IS A BIG LIAR... PA open your eyes, hearts and thoughts.

April 14, 2008 07:30 pm at 7:30 pm |
  21. Michael

This is so sad. I think she honestly thinks that the people of PA are dumb enough to fall for this. I think THIS AD is disrespectful to these people.

April 14, 2008 07:31 pm at 7:31 pm |
  22. S. Shay

Oh no she didn't!!

I hope the MSM has a field day with this desperate ish. He still holds a lead in the national polls over Clinton even after this because the people who like Obama understands his position and the ones who don't like him pretend not to understand his position.

The good news is it's increasingly obvious that more people understand and agree with Obama than Clinton, which is why SHE'S ALREADY LOST THIS PRIMARY! Now she's just a mouthpiece for the Repugs so Obama is fighting two Republicans to get the nomination. It's only making him stronger.

April 14, 2008 07:31 pm at 7:31 pm |
  23. Hillary Lies!

Low, low and LOW! Just when you thought Hillary couldn't stoop any lower, welp... There ya have it.

April 14, 2008 07:31 pm at 7:31 pm |
  24. Go Hillary!

The Obama bloggers sound so "bitter". You better cling to your reverend (duh) candidate. Birds with same feather flock together.

Go Hillary! America is ready for a woman President!

April 14, 2008 07:31 pm at 7:31 pm |
  25. Peter Paul

Do you not get a certain feeling about people in the media such as, Lou Dobbs, Hannity, Oreily, Glen Beck and last but not least Rush Dumbo.

There is a certain feeling I get about them and I just can't put my finger on it, but I think you know what I am talking about!!!

I am so happy to see people see the old politics is being played out here.
    The truth is America is tired of the old Washington games and the people want a President like Obama voted by the people for the people. I am glad people are so in touch with the truth that Obama speaks because this is how we change for the better in everyway single way.
    I am glad to see Obama is calling out Hillary for her initial approval of NAFTA and calling it the way it is, profit for her and losses for us.

From your friend to all the people, peace.

April 14, 2008 07:31 pm at 7:31 pm |