April 14th, 2008

New Clinton ad: Obama is 'out of touch'

CNN

Watch Sen. Clinton's new ad, "Pennsylvania."

(CNN) - Hillary Clinton’s campaign released a tough new ad Monday that features the reactions of some of her Pennsylvania supporters who say they were “insulted” by Barack Obama’s controversial recent comments about some small-town Americans.

The 30-second spot – which echoes several days of similar criticism from Clinton and her campaign - features a diverse group of voters reacting to Obama’s comments a week ago that some of the state’s residents were “bitter” and turning to guns and religion because of economic pressures.

Full script follows:

Woman 1: I was very insulted by Barack Obama.

Man 1: It just shows how out of touch Barack Obama is.

Woman 2: I'm not clinging to my faith out of frustration and bitterness. I find that my faith is very uplifting.

Man 2: The good people of Pennsylvania deserve a lot better than what Barack Obama said.

Woman 1: Hillary does understand the citizens of Pennsylvania better.

Woman 3: Hillary Clinton has been fighting for people like us her whole life.

Filed under: Ads • Hillary Clinton • Pennsylvania
  1. George

All she cares about is herself.. make no mistake.

April 14, 2008 06:37 pm at 6:37 pm |
  2. A4Obama

You shouldn't have fired Penn...oh wait...he quit. Wow...you really need a campaign strategist...badly!

April 14, 2008 06:37 pm at 6:37 pm |
  3. CK

Yes – I agree...Hillary is in touch....she always says exactly what her immediate audience wants to hear!

Just once I would like to hear what she ACTUALLY thinks.

April 14, 2008 06:38 pm at 6:38 pm |
  4. John Kay

The rich always fight for the poor, example Hillary Clinton. Hahahhaah

April 14, 2008 06:38 pm at 6:38 pm |
  5. No Billary

$100,000,000 Sure Hillary you are in touch with me for sure. Need I say more America?

April 14, 2008 06:38 pm at 6:38 pm |
  6. Richard

Take a comment out of context, squeeze the words into a 30-second ad, and this is what a cynical and determined person will produce. Perhaps, this just shows us how desperate HRC is becoming.

April 14, 2008 06:38 pm at 6:38 pm |
  7. Roger

I just played the clip on the blog titled "Pennsylvania crowd jeers Clinton attacks on Obama" and I don't hear any of the crowd jeering at Hillary. I heard the crowd cheering for Hillary instead.

CNN, I know that there are some of you that are not biased, but I think that there should be a screening before posting these blogs. They are sometimes misleading and so biased it is pathetic.

April 14, 2008 06:39 pm at 6:39 pm |
  8. John, boston, MA

The biggest mistake of my life – Voting for Hillary on Super Tuesday. Wish I had listened to Kerry and kennedy then.

April 14, 2008 06:39 pm at 6:39 pm |
  9. Ilona Proud Canadian

Yes, the good state of Pennsylvania, deserves Hillary Clinton.

Pennsylvanians, I hope you are reading through all of this muck. God Bless you if you choose to put Hillary in the White House, because you will have no one to blame but yourselves.

Sorry you will have someone else to blame Hillary Clinton.

April 14, 2008 06:39 pm at 6:39 pm |
  10. JohnLee

Oh my GAwd... now I'm going to move to PA and vote for Hillary! What a sham, a joke...a Bush-Lite!

April 14, 2008 06:39 pm at 6:39 pm |
  11. Dana, Pittsburgh PA

I am a huge Hillary fan but I dont like that she is pushing this thing bc it has gone way to far. I still will vote for her because I dont like Obama but I wish that she didnt attack her own teammates this much. Taking out an ad on it just takes it to an unacceptable level. Please refocus on the issues which is why I am voting for you.

Hillary '08

April 14, 2008 06:39 pm at 6:39 pm |
  12. Mike

I wish you could see all the lawn signs, bumperstickers, pin buttons, window signs and banners for Senator Clinton in Pennsylvania.

The day afterSenator Clinton took the shot of Whiskey, I was in a pub with 50-60 people, EVERYONE was cheering Senator Clinton on.

I was in rush hour traffic and 1 out of 4 vehicles had a Hillary bumpersticker, I saw NOT ONE for NObama.

Go Hillary!!!!

Obama supporters are fooling themselves, he will not win in Pa.

April 14, 2008 06:39 pm at 6:39 pm |
  13. I used to be a Democrat

Hey Obama made his bed, now he's gotta lay in it.

You Obamanazis should go lay down with him.

April 14, 2008 06:39 pm at 6:39 pm |
  14. vince - phoenix

Her ad may as well say..

Vote for me, because I'll take the focus off of my HUSBAND getting paid to ship your jobs oversees...

(this country is freaking amazing...)

April 14, 2008 06:40 pm at 6:40 pm |
  15. CJ

YOU GO GIRL!!!!

April 14, 2008 06:40 pm at 6:40 pm |
  16. MK

Just saw this ad & had to laugh. Pennsylvania, You are getting taken by Hillary.

April 14, 2008 06:40 pm at 6:40 pm |
  17. Josh M

Please stop portraying like you all are from PA ... if you truly were you wouldn't be attacking Hillary but Obama instead. How much does Obama pay you to blog all day long?

April 14, 2008 06:40 pm at 6:40 pm |
  18. spyturtle

hmmmmm another ad cooked up by Mark Penn? Get back to the issues. Stop playing the very people that you and Bill have betrayed. Enough deflecting off your scandals and lies.

Obama 2008.

April 14, 2008 06:40 pm at 6:40 pm |
  19. Adam, Los Angeles

Everytime i think she's hit rock bottom, Sen. Clinton sinks to a lower level. This lady is a bottomless pit.

April 14, 2008 06:40 pm at 6:40 pm |
  20. John, NY

Hillary – Are you really from this planet??? How out of touch can you be. We are tired..but of you and the games you play.

April 14, 2008 06:40 pm at 6:40 pm |
  21. Hoyte

So this is how hillary spends her campaign contributions? What a waste

April 14, 2008 06:40 pm at 6:40 pm |
  22. Obama welcomes Hillary supporters

Can this commercial get any lamer? Since its sponsored by HRC, YES IT CAN! This commercial seems like a 3rd grader did this.

April 14, 2008 06:41 pm at 6:41 pm |
  23. navywife

Hillary fights for noone but herself. The people of Penn. will not be fooled. The facts are out there for all to see.

April 14, 2008 06:41 pm at 6:41 pm |
  24. Dan

Wow, that's pathetic. Taking an out of context quote that Obama has already admitted was poorly phrased and did not convey what he was attempting to say and then making a completely unsubtle attempt at distorting it for political benefit- that's just really sad. Especially given that she's the one who spent her husband's entire administration saying she was in favor of NAFTA, and voted in favor of the China trade deal without it including the kinds of environmental and worker protections she now claims to support.

April 14, 2008 06:41 pm at 6:41 pm |
  25. Mike

Just read the ticker article below, and you will see how out of touch Clinton is.

Obama '08