April 14th, 2008

New Clinton ad: Obama is 'out of touch'

CNN

Watch Sen. Clinton's new ad, "Pennsylvania."

(CNN) - Hillary Clinton’s campaign released a tough new ad Monday that features the reactions of some of her Pennsylvania supporters who say they were “insulted” by Barack Obama’s controversial recent comments about some small-town Americans.

The 30-second spot – which echoes several days of similar criticism from Clinton and her campaign - features a diverse group of voters reacting to Obama’s comments a week ago that some of the state’s residents were “bitter” and turning to guns and religion because of economic pressures.

Full script follows:

Woman 1: I was very insulted by Barack Obama.

Man 1: It just shows how out of touch Barack Obama is.

Woman 2: I'm not clinging to my faith out of frustration and bitterness. I find that my faith is very uplifting.

Man 2: The good people of Pennsylvania deserve a lot better than what Barack Obama said.

Woman 1: Hillary does understand the citizens of Pennsylvania better.

Woman 3: Hillary Clinton has been fighting for people like us her whole life.

Filed under: Ads • Hillary Clinton • Pennsylvania
  1. SueB

Hillary Clinton makes me want to take a shower!!! This is the basest kind of political garbage. The Clintons really don't care about this country or the regular American citizen she professes to want to help.
    I hope to heaven that the people of Pennsylvania are too smart to fall for this. Obama spoke the truth. I understand why Hillary didn't understand what he meant; she's not very well acquainted with the truth.

April 14, 2008 06:45 pm at 6:45 pm |
  2. Rhianna

People care about real issues Hillary and not about some frivolous issues. Seems like you are really really OUT OF TOUCH!

April 14, 2008 06:45 pm at 6:45 pm |
  3. Lisa in Iowa

Amazing that Hillary found 5 people that would agree to be on a television commercial for her, to do her dirty work. If she's got a brain in her head, she quit bashing on this subject, because NOBODY agrees with her! She is so desperate and out of touch, and a liar to boot. Go away Hillary.

April 14, 2008 06:45 pm at 6:45 pm |
  4. Kenneth M

Hillary is like Huckaby

April 14, 2008 06:45 pm at 6:45 pm |
  5. Jimmy169

This is pathetic...wow...forget the issues, lets get personal again, this is just sad and pathetic and I hope people won't fall for it. It's abvious if Clinton can't win she'll take down the democratic party with her. Again with the personal insults, she might as well be a republican.

And she does know better, she knows he's a good person and not out of touch, i mean come on! You've got to be kidding me, it's the same old POLITICS, it's pathetic and it has to change but the people keep craving for this kind of drama instead of looking at the real issues.

April 14, 2008 06:45 pm at 6:45 pm |
  6. Dj

From a person that can tell a sniper from a small girl with flowers....

She is grasping and straws and I hope it drowns her in the muck she is creating.

April 14, 2008 06:45 pm at 6:45 pm |
  7. chris nguyen

i am not bitter.. and you should go back to your trinity church with your pastor wright mr obama.. hillary for 2008

April 14, 2008 06:45 pm at 6:45 pm |
  8. Jesse

Please hillary go away. hillary realizes that she is loosing so badly against Barack that she is just waiting to see what comes out of his lips so that she can jump on it! I'm just glad that a lot of people realize what kind of a person hillary is, she's fooling herself if she thinks we are unable to see that she is weak. She is out gunning for Obama, she has to be working with mcain, if Obama is out of the picture mcain and bush will be in office for another four years! Mr. Obama you keep taking it one day at a time as you are now and believe me we will put you in The White House as our President! Do not stoop to billary's level, you keep proving to us that you are above that kind of stupidity. Obama's going to win and the rich people of this country are running scared along with the ignorant people out there who unfortunatly do'nt know any better.

April 14, 2008 06:46 pm at 6:46 pm |
  9. LAKE

This is getting ridiculous, I agree. Sen Obama will address this ad.

Sen, Clinton should of let this go. You spoke up now move on.

There are some of us who are Angry, bitter , Feed Up, and Mad.
    We will speak.

Obama 08

April 14, 2008 06:46 pm at 6:46 pm |
  10. James

Oh ok....thats it. for me a middle aged white male.

my vote goes to Obama. I cannot stand any more nagging.

April 14, 2008 06:46 pm at 6:46 pm |
  11. A DEMOCRAT '08

Hand me the barf bag. Hillary, you're not doing a good job of hiding your desperation.

April 14, 2008 06:46 pm at 6:46 pm |
  12. Sean Dunn

Dear Senator Clinton,

Mountain climbers do not seek to reduce the mountain to a hill. No, they put on cleats and climb. Stop trying to bring Obama down. If you think you deserve themountains – prove it.

Here's a thought: try to raise yourself up. Try to make people believe you without disbelieving him. He’s not saying things to drive your negatives through the roof. You’re doing that all by yourself. Tell your story. Be your own mountain climber.

And, while you’re at it, tell us what it’s like to be a duck hunter.

April 14, 2008 06:46 pm at 6:46 pm |
  13. anita

I'm so tired of this middle school crap!!!. Can we please, please focus on the issues!! This truly silly season. I am all for Barack!!! maybe his choice of words were not the best, but I understood what he meant, and so did Sillary!! Im tired of her twisting everything!!!

Obama 08!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

April 14, 2008 06:46 pm at 6:46 pm |
  14. Barack Obama...Elitism and Insensitivity Toward Some Americans

I agree with all of the statements by those featured in the new Hillary Clinton ad as stated in this article. Great ad!

April 14, 2008 06:47 pm at 6:47 pm |
  15. sunburn

I am so disappointed in Hillary...OMG please help us..Can we get to the point of the real issues..

** War
    **Terror in the USA
    ** Poverty
    **DNA issues verses unfair jailing
    **US ECONOMY!!!!!
    **Corporate THUGS!!!!

Why did she even bother to make this video.. I am really changing my mind about even thinking about voting for her.. Matter of a FACT >>> I AM NOT!!! It is a shame because if she can play this kind of trickery now ...I CAN'T IMAGINE WHAT SHE WILL DO IN THE WHITE HOUSE!!!

April 14, 2008 06:47 pm at 6:47 pm |
  16. James1

Are you gonna kill us with such nasty ads Hill?

April 14, 2008 06:47 pm at 6:47 pm |
  17. tim

Mrs. Clinton has a clear view of the White House now. Mr. Obama
    looks in big trouble in Pa. I saw a poll today that has her up by 20
    points. Of course, CNN's crack team of Hillary Haters has a completely
    different poll. That woman has got more abuse for nothing it's unreal.
    Mr. Obama appears to be a huckster especially with those phony
    voice intonations. What a circus this has become

April 14, 2008 06:47 pm at 6:47 pm |
  18. LeAnn

Hillary doesn't get it. Barack was echoing how the american people feel and we do feel bitter and betrayed by our government. He was right on the money and I am tired of the media and Hillary trying to misconstrue what his real intention was when using the word "bitter".

April 14, 2008 06:47 pm at 6:47 pm |
  19. Carl from Pa

So who's with me on marching to washington and protesting if Hillary wins the nomination? It'll be a 5 million man/woman march, I swear it. She is parcing his words, taking them out of context, and then paying people to say things on tv. If only I had my gun to "cling" to.

Very frustrated, bitter, and annoyed Pa voter!

April 14, 2008 06:47 pm at 6:47 pm |
  20. mitch from ark.

i just can't believe the people of pa. will be so stupid,not to see what the "machine",is doing ,now.she's making people more 'bitter' everyday.

April 14, 2008 06:47 pm at 6:47 pm |
  21. Jen DFW

who he was talking to when he said what he said it was wrong. he shouldn't have to go to that level to get money at a fundraiser.

got hillary

April 14, 2008 06:47 pm at 6:47 pm |
  22. Paul

Hillary, you are the best candidate that we have at this time.
    We 'll support all the way and let Obama know that he does not have the right to offend millions of Americans. Btwy, he and his dirty cammpaign disenfranchised FLA and Michigan, does he really think he can get away with it?

VOTE DEMOCRAT- VOTE FOR CLINTON

HILLARY-WE ARE WITH YOU ALL THE WAY!!!
    HILLARY, PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!

April 14, 2008 06:48 pm at 6:48 pm |
  23. Sean

Hillary is doing nothing except turning voter off of the party! She has gone back on everything she said that she won't do because she fell behind. She cares more about becoming president for herself than she does about her parties image or what is best for the country. Hillary needs to stop lying and stop attacking her own party giving McCain ammo to use again them. Gain some honor Hillary!

April 14, 2008 06:48 pm at 6:48 pm |
  24. Zion

Hillary, Hillary, Hillary, you are hillariously desperate, and so are your supporters. Hillary is in touch with the common man. I mean she just made $109 million last year, and loaned her own campaign $5 million. I mean, I know as an average working person, I have those sorts of means. Please forgive Mrs. Clinton, she is too busy dodging sniper fire to get her facts straight.

April 14, 2008 06:48 pm at 6:48 pm |
  25. Ray

All you Obama supporters scare me. WHY ARE YOU ALL SO ANGRY AND HATEFUL AND IRRATIONAL? I used to be an Obama supporter until I started encountering the hate and anger from you all. You are all as arrogant as the candidate HIMSELF!! You are all starting to sound like Bush supporters from the 2004 election. IT IS NAUSEATING!!!!

April 14, 2008 06:48 pm at 6:48 pm |