April 14th, 2008

New Clinton ad: Obama is 'out of touch'

CNN

Watch Sen. Clinton's new ad, "Pennsylvania."

(CNN) - Hillary Clinton’s campaign released a tough new ad Monday that features the reactions of some of her Pennsylvania supporters who say they were “insulted” by Barack Obama’s controversial recent comments about some small-town Americans.

The 30-second spot – which echoes several days of similar criticism from Clinton and her campaign - features a diverse group of voters reacting to Obama’s comments a week ago that some of the state’s residents were “bitter” and turning to guns and religion because of economic pressures.

Full script follows:

Woman 1: I was very insulted by Barack Obama.

Man 1: It just shows how out of touch Barack Obama is.

Woman 2: I'm not clinging to my faith out of frustration and bitterness. I find that my faith is very uplifting.

Man 2: The good people of Pennsylvania deserve a lot better than what Barack Obama said.

Woman 1: Hillary does understand the citizens of Pennsylvania better.

Woman 3: Hillary Clinton has been fighting for people like us her whole life.

Filed under: Ads • Hillary Clinton • Pennsylvania
  1. david

this is really silly. Do you like ths? If Pennsylvanians like this, then i have nothing to say.

April 14, 2008 06:48 pm at 6:48 pm |
  2. Victor

Like Clint Eastwood said "Men got to know their limitations" well I guess she would find out pretty soon when this backfires on her.
    I guess this is the toilet-blow she is trying to throw at obama, she might get covered in duo duo herself

April 14, 2008 06:48 pm at 6:48 pm |
  3. MT

Go Hillary PLIZZZZ... Otherwise she will sink Obama and Democratic party to depths of Atlantic. That way she will get her name written in the history as the "true Republican" who destroyed Dems, and two party system. Also another Clinton will have his name written as the last democrat ever in whitehouse... Its win win for the clintons anyway!!!

April 14, 2008 06:48 pm at 6:48 pm |
  4. Kimy

Tomorrows 30 second spot.
    Man 1- Hillary can handle whiskey like a working man.
    Man 2- Yeah and she can shoot like Daniel Boone.
    Man 3- She reminds me of Rocky.
    Man 1- yeah but humble, she went to chuch on Easter ya know/
    Man 3- I do not care if she did get a 109 million dollars for nothing.
    Man 2- Yeah I do not care either, cause she bowls just like us.
    ALL TOGETHER- YAY Hillary, You go Girl.

April 14, 2008 06:48 pm at 6:48 pm |
  5. Rick

Bla Bla Bla!!!!! Come on people...... Senator Clinton is at it again trying to make a mountain out of an ant hill. He has come from humble beginnings and has been a Christian most of his adult life. He loves and cares about Pen State and its constituents. Give the guy a break and stop being deceived by these ads. We must unite to stop Mc-Bush in November.

Rick

6. Lin

You go Hillary and don;t listen to the Obama nuts they're becomming more and more like their leader with their hate and meaness not hope. They don't have enough delegates to clinch the nomination even though they act like they do. Already all polls show you are doing better against McCain in the electoral college delegates. So don't you ever quit on us. This is far from over, John Edwards will endorse you his wife has given us the first hint. You will be the nominee.

7. Cindy Morgan

When I look at Hillary Clinton I see just another good ole boy politician. When I look at Obama I see hope for a different kind of political future. I am a middle aged caucasian female and I hate the campaign that Clinton is running. As far as I'm concerned she's just another Republican running a smear campaign. Why should anyone be even talking about Obama's remark about voters being bitter. I for one AM bitter, so as far as I'm concerned he's speaking for me.

8. Stacy Clarks, TX

IM GETTING SO TIRED OF THIS....I REALLY CAN'T TAKE THIS ANYMORE....SOMEONE LET ME KNOW WHEN THE PRIMARY SEASON IS OVER!!!

WHAT HAPPENED TO THE UNITED DEMOCRATIC PARTY?!?!?!?!?

9. Andrew

All I know is that if Hillary Clinton gets the Democratic nomination a lot us will vote John Mccain in November...thats providing we dont stay home....this is turning into a circus.

10. John

How dare he label some of us as bitter? What gives us the right to do that?

I think he is referring to himself as bitter when he claimed American living in small town were bitter.

I don't want a bitter person to govern me!!

11. gene pa

what is a shame is the words obama used to describe use in pa and as a nation. i as a pa voter was insulted by those words. the supporters of mr. obama like to talk about his record what record i would like to know.

hillary by18 points in pa and all the way to the white house

12. Jenn

Please watch the ad – It is so funny. My 10 year old could come up with a better one. Now I have real doubts if i am going to vote for Hillary.

13. Lailasmom

OMG...she irks me! Really!

14. Gnomepark

Woman 1: Blah...blah.....blah

Man 1: Blah...blah.....blah...Blah...blah.....blah

Woman 2: Blah...blah.....blah......Blah...blah.....blah...Blah...blah.....blah

Man 2: The good people of Pennsylvania Blah...blah.....blah

Woman 1: Hillary does understand.....Blah...blah.....blah....Blah...blah.....blah

Woman 3: Hillary Clinton has been fighting for Blah...blah.....blah.....Blah...blah.....blah

This primary isn't over yet?

15. Peter, OR

I wonder if Hilary was "fighting for people like us" when she was on the board of WALMART for 6 years? First NAFTA and Columbia abroad, Walmart at home, I think we've had enough of what you have to offer.

Look at her record and what she really stands for. Inform yourselves before you jump on the wagon.

A Republican for Obama, Unity, and change in 08'

16. SHANE IN CHICAGO

ohhh my. as i watch this election unfold, and read these commentaries, I can't help but be reminded of the old but true addage "if you don't know history, you're bound to repeat it."
    Rome was never conqueored, it was a great society that becmae corrupted and "bitter" and deteriorated from within and its citizens lost a sense of pride and attachment to the empire. It was the only way Rome could have fallen. Does anyone else feel that happening to the U.S. except me? Our moral decay is so evident and I beleive that there is NO greater threat to this country. We have to actually debate about whether or not we should be upset about cheating baseball players and lying candidates. Worry, America . . . . . at this rate, it's not just the dollar that will fall in value, but the whole country.

17. Andy

There is no way Barack Obama wins the Presidency. He is a liberal through and through. His attitude of aloofness annoys me to no end.

Hillary 08!!!!

18. 53 year old, college educated white woman for Obama

"Please stop portraying like you all are from PA … if you truly were you wouldn't be attacking Hillary but Obama instead. How much does Obama pay you to blog all day long?"

Excuse me, Josh? Why don't you stop making blanket statements as if you know the thoughts and opinions of everyone within the state. As a life long resident of PA, don't put words in my mouth.

19. Fiona

Please fire your ad maker Hillary. Its really bad.

April 14, 2008 06:50 pm at 6:50 pm |
  20. Alice

she's been "fighting for people like us her whole life" ??

are they kidding?

it will be interesting to see wht the Obama folks come back with ...

April 14, 2008 06:50 pm at 6:50 pm |
  21. PA for Obama

Now this ad is limits of recklessness by Hillary.

April 14, 2008 06:50 pm at 6:50 pm |
  22. No Billary

Is Hillary Clinton really what some of you want for President?

April 14, 2008 06:51 pm at 6:51 pm |
  23. Cynthia

I'm sure the people of Penn know what Hilliary is doing. Wolf and Jack I just heard you all talking about the Pope coming to the U.S. If you happen to meet with him tell him to pray for Hilliary so that she will stop telling lies

April 14, 2008 06:51 pm at 6:51 pm |
  24. NARENDER NEW JERSEY

2008 IS THE YEAR OF BLACKS ANY THING GOES AND IS OK .

April 14, 2008 06:51 pm at 6:51 pm |
  25. Just Sayin'

Yeah Hilary!

I like my gun, my country and god, and I ain't voting for some high and mighty black boy.

You represent the good, white, working people of PA – and thats alot of votes!

April 14, 2008 06:51 pm at 6:51 pm |