April 14th, 2008

New Clinton ad: Obama is 'out of touch'

CNN

Watch Sen. Clinton's new ad, "Pennsylvania."

(CNN) - Hillary Clinton’s campaign released a tough new ad Monday that features the reactions of some of her Pennsylvania supporters who say they were “insulted” by Barack Obama’s controversial recent comments about some small-town Americans.

The 30-second spot – which echoes several days of similar criticism from Clinton and her campaign - features a diverse group of voters reacting to Obama’s comments a week ago that some of the state’s residents were “bitter” and turning to guns and religion because of economic pressures.

Full script follows:

Woman 1: I was very insulted by Barack Obama.

Man 1: It just shows how out of touch Barack Obama is.

Woman 2: I'm not clinging to my faith out of frustration and bitterness. I find that my faith is very uplifting.

Man 2: The good people of Pennsylvania deserve a lot better than what Barack Obama said.

Woman 1: Hillary does understand the citizens of Pennsylvania better.

Woman 3: Hillary Clinton has been fighting for people like us her whole life.

Filed under: Ads • Hillary Clinton • Pennsylvania
  1. Larry Johns

Clinton is the one who is out of touch. What!! She doesn't even understand what Obama was saying. I am a blue collar worker and I agree with Obama...I am bitter and cynical when it comes to our government. It was Bill that signed our jobs away to other countries. Now we are borrowing money from China, Mexico, Japan and others to fight a ridiculous war that Hillary voted for. Hillary is not capable of being president, all she can do is nit pick.

April 14, 2008 06:51 pm at 6:51 pm |
  2. Tommy Overman!

I can't believe this comment! Hillary is the one out of touch..
    She only compaigns in the areas that are mainly held by White people.

Barack Obama took a bus tour around PA and I might say in some areas I would have been afraid to drive through..
    Hillary is the one out of touch!

She doesn't even have a campaign office in hardly any Black american areas.

She is the one is not trying to fight for the Black vote.

April 14, 2008 06:51 pm at 6:51 pm |
  3. Gobama

And whom do we need to nuke now, Rep Geoff Davis? lol

Problem with these military-obsessed people is that they constantly dream about nuking the world; but they are never capable of managing the MORE IMMEDIATE & LONGER TERM CHALLENGES OF PEACE & PROSPERITY for Americas.

It's like; let's bomb the hell out of Iraq and worry about the aftermath - death to American economy!

If Rep. Geoff Davis has half the brains, vision and intellectual sphere of influence of that 'boy' and Harvard lawyer, Barack Obama, then Geoff would be coming up with a MORE RELEVANT & MORE CONSTRUCTIVE scenario to help get Americans out of the CLEAR & PRESENT DANGER of economic meltdown, being bogged down in the Iraqi hell hole, and the maniac muslims nesting in Afghanistan and in the bad lands of Pakistan!

At least Geoff has enough brain cells left to recognize his racist implication and seek to make amends.

April 14, 2008 06:51 pm at 6:51 pm |
  4. derrrick

From what I have been reading so far from Hilary supporters is simply...the world will be a better place if all that does not support her are wiped off the face of the planet.

April 14, 2008 06:51 pm at 6:51 pm |
  5. Susan

The Clintons are nothing but CONNIVING, LYING, ELITISTS!!!! How can they even dare call anyone else an elitist! They are always involved with scandal after scandal. How can the American people be so blind to not see Hillary for what she is? OF COURSE SHE IS GOING TO SAY SHE IS AGAINST THE COLUMBIA TRADE DEAL because she wants your votes NOW. After she gets it, she will just kick you to the curb like she does with everyone else. They are after their own interests AT ALL TIMES, NOT THE AMERICAN PEOPLE'S! Her cackling laugh-off about Bill's support (to the tune of $800,000) of the Columbia trade deal. Why is the Media letting her slide with an unacceptable answer like that? If she gets elected, she will renege on her words, ALL OF THEM, and then put the blame for why she could not come through on her empty promises on someone else! Just like the tens of thousands of jobs she promised New Yorkers during her senatorial campaign! Instead, there is a HUGE LOSS of jobs!! NOTHING BUT A LIAR!!! CANNOT BELIEVE ANYTHING THAT COMES OUT OF THAT CONNIVING MOUTH!!!

6. Women 4 Obama

Hillary only took a sip of that Canadian whiskey! Look at the video!

She doesn't even look at the people she is toasting too! Just takes a sip and turns to her aide for distraction.

What a fake!

7. David Outlaw

Hillary will say what ever it takes to get into the white house. For I take her words with a grain of salt and I always wear my boots for the crap gets pretty deep every where she goes.

8. David

Hillary is really down and dirty. I have been watching the Clinton campaign in its shallow attempt to blow this thing up! Now comes an AD and a blatent missrepresentation of what Barack said. I can only hope the people in PA see through the distraction. America needs Barack – the whole world is watching.

9. CHERYL FOR HILLARY

I DO NOT THINK THAT PEOPLE CARE SO MUCH THAT OBAMA SAID THEY WERE BITTER!!!!!

HE HAD TO PUT A REVEREND WRIGHT SPIN ON IT AND INSULT THEIR RELIGION OR OTHER BELIEFS!!!!!!

THIS SHOWS A PATTERN OF HOW HE THINKS!!!!

HE LABELED HIS OWN GRANDMOTHER AS A RACIST TO DEFEND THE REVEREND WRIGHT!!!!!!

IF ANYONE STILL THINKS THAT HE DOES NOT BELIEVE ALL THE REVEREND WRIGHT RANTINGS, YOU ARE CRAZY!!!!!

THIS MAN HAS AN ELITEST ATTITUDE! HE SAYS WHAT HE NEEDS TO AT THE TIME FOR VOTES!

NAFTA WAS THE SAME THING!!!!!!

LETS GET RID OF THIS CLOWN ONCE AND FOR ALL!!!!!

VOTE FOR HILLARY CLINTON!!!!!! I AM!!!!!!!

10. Realistic

Hey, why doesn't Hillary talk about her 6-year experience as a Director of Wal-Mart?

11. elizabeth samford

I don't know who can tell more untruths and with a poker face she or her husband, I donot know how they sleep at night. I wonder what lies she would tell the world if she lived in the Whire House, the soon er they are gone the better

12. Me2

People are already forgetting that Obama tried to use Hillary's own words against her during the MLK issue earlier on in the campaign. It's politics as usual, and Obama himself is just about saying anything just to get elected, too. The real losers are still the American people. Shame on us!

13. John

Ray,

I agree with you!!!

Obama is the "black bush"!!

14. Sig, Los Angeles CA

Ray, you are a joke! Hate and angry? I think you need to look at YOUR candidate.

15. Steve

I am an Independant voter in Philly and I was going to stay neutral to this whole democratic fight...but after seeing Hillary's tirade into the abyss she just lost my neutrality. A vote for Obama is a vote against HIllary.

Beat her Obama!!!

16. Nathan

Given that campaigns have become GOTCHA affairs, this is fair game. Obama spoke VERY POORLY in this case–much more poorly, in my view, than in the Jeremiah Wright case. All the candidates are watching for these kinds of mistakes and exploiting them to the maximum. However, mistakes like these, and their exploitation in the campaign, have little to do with the strengths or weaknesses of a candidate. Everyone says dumb things once in a while, and each of the candidates has paid penalties for this. The question is: what do they say and how do they act MOST of the time? Are their actions aligned with what they say? How MUCH do they make attacks a part of their campaign and how much do they look forward and tell us how they are going to take the country forward?

17. Blu Bastian

I can tell this is BIG! The Obama drones are running from board to board trying to save their man.

You guys need to split up 'cause Michelle Obama is not helping her husband one bit. Telling us how Barack is the only one that can heal our souls. Thank you but my soul is just fine, Michelle!

My goodness, this is like Christmas in April for Hillary and to think that PA primary is just days away!

18. Nancy

Hilliary Clinton is stuck on stupid/

April 14, 2008 06:53 pm at 6:53 pm |
  19. Ardnuas

Voters.... PLEASE, PLEASE,PLEASE don't allow this women to divide and conquer the democratic party.
    She is doing EVERYTHING to make SURE John McCain wins in November.

April 14, 2008 06:53 pm at 6:53 pm |
  20. cadman

America's Princess ...
    Penn's state to Penn's mate !
    Hillary Cling-ton Rules!
    So be it: Hillary you just won the title "American I-Dull ! "
    Quebec loves you! ;-)

April 14, 2008 06:53 pm at 6:53 pm |
  21. Jacob

Hillary has now pushed me out of the Democratic party, who is ready for it to rain some McCain?

April 14, 2008 06:53 pm at 6:53 pm |
  22. Connor, Philadelphia

If you Obama folks (who apparently have nothing better to do than jump on every Ticker item the instant it appears) think this is an outrageous ad, just wait until Obama gets swift-boated by the Reps. It will be coming in on him from all sides, and frankly, he isn't nearly sharp enough nor strong enough to deflect the hits. They've already discovered a mountain of skeletons in his closet and are just waiting in case he wins the nomination. Hillary is far harder to hit. The Reps have been aiming at her for nearly 20 years and, after exhaustive investigations and grand jury testimony, have found no wrong doing. Obama will never be able to win in November and then we'll be stuck with another 4 or 8 years of war.

April 14, 2008 06:53 pm at 6:53 pm |
  23. Jessica

Hillary will win? How? She has to win by a significant margin in the remaining states just to have a SHOT. And then do you really think the superdelegates will do it for her? Do you know the hysteria that would cause? I'd like to think the party is better than that, because if they give Hillary the nomination without her winning the popular vote, they're no different than the Supreme Court handing the election to the pea brained moron we've been dealing with for the past eight years.

April 14, 2008 06:53 pm at 6:53 pm |
  24. don't stop

I voted for Gore

I voted for Kerry

Sorry, I can not and will not ever vote for Obama.

Obama divided us and hated us and mocked us... too elitist to even see his own elitist arrogance and snobbery.

Hillary needs to pick us up and lead us our from the hatred that Obama took us all to.

This is not what America needs.

April 14, 2008 06:54 pm at 6:54 pm |
  25. John

Obama's "Bitter" debacle is not to be taken lightly.Only his supporters see it otherwise! A political flash according to Obama,is a political fireball in the minds of fair objective Americans! Obama supporters,wake up to reality= Hillary 57% to Obama 37% in Pennsylvania.

April 14, 2008 06:54 pm at 6:54 pm |