April 15th, 2008

Reid jokes Dem race making him 'bitter'

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid.
Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid.

(CNN) - Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid joked on Thursday said the sharp back-and-forth of late between Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama is having an effect on him.

"It makes me bitter," the Nevada Democrat said, invoking Obama's controversial comments that sparked strong criticisms from Clinton and Republican John McCain.

Reid went on to call the prolonged Democratic "healthy for our party," and predicted, "This is all going to be over fairly soon."

Filed under: Harry Reid
  1. HEIDI

AMEN!

April 15, 2008 04:25 pm at 4:25 pm |
  2. Jim Shimmer

Reed, no wonder the ocngress's approval ratings are so low. Such useless leadership.

Just kick Billary out so we can focus on McSame.

April 15, 2008 04:25 pm at 4:25 pm |
  3. Ratgurl

Let's hope so... it's making me bitter, too.

April 15, 2008 04:26 pm at 4:26 pm |
  4. Mauri

Harry, where is your memory? This is mild chit-chat compared to John Kerry's fireball set in motion by the Swift-boaters. When Obama, if he wins, goes before that bunch, you'll long for the good old days of Clinton/Obama. Mark my word. So chill!!!

April 15, 2008 04:28 pm at 4:28 pm |
  5. kathleen for Obama

Keep them Democrats talking, Mr. Reid! This is the first time
    that I can honestly say we have a candidate who understands
    the word "bitter" Most Americans have felt that "feeling" before.
    If not, they are either "elitists', rich, or have not lived long enough.
    I am sure the young people of America can understand the
    word, "bitter' if they just look at their parents heartbreak when
    they lost their jobs and were promised the jobs would come
    back but were forgotton. Oh, life, is sweet for us, because
    we are wonderful, strong, good Americans and we make it
    sweet. But "bitter" we understand!! YES WE CAN! MAKE
    LIFE BETTER FOR US! AND OUR CHILDREN!

April 15, 2008 04:28 pm at 4:28 pm |
  6. Michael G- Ventura, CA

If this is "heathy for our party" I guess all these "Hillary or McCain 08" posts are only meant to get the adrenaline going?

April 15, 2008 04:29 pm at 4:29 pm |
  7. Jo

Hillary still being in the race makes me very Bitter.

April 15, 2008 04:29 pm at 4:29 pm |
  8. OH my.... I am Bitter too

I am bitter at OBAMA.... I REGRET VOTING FOR HIM... HE WILL NOT CUT IT FOR ME IN NOVEMBER...

April 15, 2008 04:31 pm at 4:31 pm |
  9. Debby

Hey Reid its not going to be a joke if the story about Obama being at Rezko's party is true. CNN why isn't this front and center by the way. I read the Obama's said they had no recololection of being there. How can you not recolect being at a party for someone. If Obama can't remember back as early as 2004 we are in trouble if he is our Commander and Chief.

April 15, 2008 04:31 pm at 4:31 pm |
  10. Sallie Mae

I'm BITTER too, and so are the rest of my Penn neighbors! We're sick and tired of being sick and tired and we're not gonna take it anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hillabeans is a mess! She is like so yesterday's news! NEXT!

Barack OBAMA – Conan O'BRIEN '08

WHOOO HOOOOOOOOOO!!!

April 15, 2008 04:31 pm at 4:31 pm |
  11. Vm

I wonder have all the Clinton supporters received their portion of $109 million that the Clintons made because the had to be promised something to hold on this long!!

April 15, 2008 04:31 pm at 4:31 pm |
  12. James, PA

Majority leaders should tell Hillary Clinton to stop those negative attacks. She is ruining the party.

April 15, 2008 04:32 pm at 4:32 pm |
  13. Portland, Oregon

Mr. Reid: Yourself and yours sincerely Nancy Pelosi should shut your traps and get something DONE in the congress. I wish I was still in California. I would definitely never ever vote for that Nancy witch again. Oops typo .. should have been a B there. Stupid woman.

April 15, 2008 04:32 pm at 4:32 pm |
  14. DJ, LA, CA

I'm also bitter and I don't live in PA or NV.

April 15, 2008 04:32 pm at 4:32 pm |
  15. SayNoToHillaryBillaryCheslaryClintrous

Amen to that no more hillary, I can not stand this women the more I see her the more I hate her. Hillary Go hide some where you are irrelevant .

April 15, 2008 04:33 pm at 4:33 pm |
  16. JERRY

Yea, hopefully over when Hillary gets the nomination.

HILLARY OR MCCAIN. PERIOD.

April 15, 2008 04:34 pm at 4:34 pm |
  17. Lee WV

This thing going on right now is shameful.People willl see that after the PA primary the bitter remarks were not far off base.Hillary will win PA but in vain,she will lose NC by a larger margin and that is what Reed is refering to as over soon.

April 15, 2008 04:34 pm at 4:34 pm |
  18. stefan, Barstow, Ca

Bitter isn't that the only dish Hillary can cook up?

April 15, 2008 04:35 pm at 4:35 pm |
  19. April in Texas

I sure hope so as all this fighting and bitterness is making my head hurt..

Obama 08

April 15, 2008 04:35 pm at 4:35 pm |
  20. Farrell, Houston, Tx

The sooner it's over the better, it's making me "bittier"(if there's any such word).

April 15, 2008 04:35 pm at 4:35 pm |
  21. pardeep

Obama 08!

April 15, 2008 04:36 pm at 4:36 pm |
  22. pardeep

Jerry, is there no change that hillary will get the nomination! End of the story. It;s Mcain Vs Obama!

April 15, 2008 04:37 pm at 4:37 pm |
  23. Sharon in Tahlequah, OK

I am now a 63 year old, white, female that would act bitter if it would make anyone happy. By the way, I just love a man with dignity and intelligence. Senator Obama seams to possess both qualities.

April 15, 2008 04:38 pm at 4:38 pm |
  24. MCD

Don't even bother with Barack being at Rezko's party – the list of shameful names that Hilary and McShame have KNOWINGLY alligned themselves with over the years is as long as our national debt is large.

April 15, 2008 04:39 pm at 4:39 pm |
  25. j

Me too Harry! let's get back to the issues.

April 15, 2008 04:40 pm at 4:40 pm |