April 15th, 2008

Reid jokes Dem race making him 'bitter'

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid.
Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid.

(CNN) - Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid joked on Thursday said the sharp back-and-forth of late between Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama is having an effect on him.

"It makes me bitter," the Nevada Democrat said, invoking Obama's controversial comments that sparked strong criticisms from Clinton and Republican John McCain.

Reid went on to call the prolonged Democratic "healthy for our party," and predicted, "This is all going to be over fairly soon."

Filed under: Harry Reid
  1. Linda

Super Delegates need to start jumping on the Obama ship one at a time every day. Please–don't make us listen to her any more. Don't make Barack have to fight her any more. He is being a gentleman about it, but she is obnoxious.

April 15, 2008 04:40 pm at 4:40 pm |
  2. kathleen for Obama

Mr. McTrick is not going to win this election.Voted against GI Bill recently
    Mrs. Hillary is not going to win this election.Voted for Nafta, Received
    Money from Columbia and has been promised much, much more.
    Hillary knew where Penn was going and condoned it. That is why
    she didn't fire him.
    Hillary can't quit because she would owe millions of her and Bilo's
    stashed millions to her Campaign. She don't pay her bills to the
    hard working vendors and if she is in the whole and has to pay
    from her own funds, she won't pay. Bill would have to get the
    divorce he asked for in 1998.

April 15, 2008 04:40 pm at 4:40 pm |
  3. Celia Ann in Michigan

Hopefully when they pacify Hillary with his job.

April 15, 2008 04:42 pm at 4:42 pm |
  4. kathleen for Obama

Is this Healthy of our party? I do not care. Voters do not want a liar.
    They can trash, slander, berate Obama and they can come up with
    whatever they say he did. I don't care. I will not vote for a liar or
    a tricky McTrick. No matter what.

April 15, 2008 04:43 pm at 4:43 pm |
  5. Stavy

I live in PA, the truth is George Bush won the rural counties but Gore and Kerry won the larger counties which were only about 14 out of 76 counties. Hillary is nervous because the big counties are now favoring Obama. She is loosing more with her out of touch strategy with this bitter remark. She may loose in the end or win by like 4 points

April 15, 2008 04:44 pm at 4:44 pm |
  6. vince - Phoenix - (forgive me cnn, for I have sinned)

that's good stuff, Reid..

see... people can actually crack a joke without starting WW III......

(or CAN they...)

April 15, 2008 04:44 pm at 4:44 pm |
  7. bigben

Do it push Hillary out and see if Obamaloser wins the ge.

April 15, 2008 04:44 pm at 4:44 pm |
  8. Kathleen, NC

I once thought that it would be nice to have a say in the primary elections. But Hilliary, her meanness, and her nastiness has really made me concerned. I doubt she will win, but am comfortable beleiving that she treats all people like this and we will never be able to recapture our American dignity.

April 15, 2008 04:44 pm at 4:44 pm |
  9. Pol

Where this beautiful woman will be giving money to voters on the streets? Somebody knows?? I would take them and run to vote... for Obama!

April 15, 2008 04:44 pm at 4:44 pm |
  10. Vinny

The only thing that makes me bitter is me wanting my money back that I gave to the Obama campaign!!!

April 15, 2008 04:45 pm at 4:45 pm |
  11. Stop the DRAMA!

C'mon delegates, let's wrap this up before it truly becomes embarrasing.

I am getting bitter too! (it's such a comical word)

April 15, 2008 04:46 pm at 4:46 pm |
  12. mitch from ark.

not soon enough for me.hillary's gonna make everyone bitter,before she concedes.i'm an independent,obama supporter,who is staying independent.i'm going to recommend to obama,that if the dems don't want to unite behind him,that he and ron paul run on an independent ticket ,seeing as they are the only two candidates ,that seem to want to stick to the real pressing issues we're having,in this election.they have both shown they're willing to work across party lines,to end this war,bring our troops home,and focus on the problems here at home,first.

April 15, 2008 04:46 pm at 4:46 pm |
  13. paul oregon

mr reid , you may feel this is healthy for the dem. party i bet you think
    hillary is gods gift to the dem. party too. i for one am getting tired
    of hillary, an billary. and there antics. mccain the war monger is
    talking abount issues that effect the voters tax codes gas prices , etc
    what are the dem s. talking abount ? how healthy the dem. party is.
    some needs to get there head out of there ----!!!!!!

April 15, 2008 04:47 pm at 4:47 pm |
  14. Amy OFlaherty Reno, NV

Hope Hill goes soon!

April 15, 2008 04:47 pm at 4:47 pm |
  15. Obama the Great Deceiver

I'm bitter with this sorry choice of candidates

April 15, 2008 04:48 pm at 4:48 pm |
  16. Alonzo Demetrius

Reid, now we know what's the problem with you: you are bitter, too, rather than being rational and reasonable and loving this country.

April 15, 2008 04:49 pm at 4:49 pm |
  17. Harvey in Va

Healthy for the party .. I agree with JERRY
    HILLARY OR MCCAIN PERIOD

April 15, 2008 04:49 pm at 4:49 pm |
  18. Frank, CA

Only the most foolish of citizens can say this prolonged pointless destructive campaign by Clinton is good for the party or the country.

April 15, 2008 04:50 pm at 4:50 pm |
  19. Skipper

If it weren't for Reid, Pelosi, and Dean. We would've had a nominee after Michigan and Florida.

Ask the Democratic voters in those states what the word bitter means.

April 15, 2008 04:50 pm at 4:50 pm |
  20. Moderate

So in other words...it will be over for Hill-liar soon!! Didn't she and Bill steal enough the first time around? Maybe they missed some china
    or silverware from the White House! I know...they forgot to unscrew the light bulbs and remove the toilet paper!!! Bye-bye Clinton scumbags!!!

April 15, 2008 04:50 pm at 4:50 pm |
  21. Sharon in Tahlequah, OK

I am now a 63 year old, white, female that would act bitter if it would make anyone happy. By the way, I just love a man with dignity and intelligence. Senator Obama seems to possess both qualities

April 15, 2008 04:51 pm at 4:51 pm |
  22. Susan MO

Obama really insulted the people of Pennsylvania. He was rude and critical.

He should lose real soon.

America does not need a president who slams the people

Obama.....lost our vote.

Now for Hillary Clinton.

CLINTON 08

April 15, 2008 04:52 pm at 4:52 pm |
  23. Chief lagosboy, NJ

Sir, if it makes you bitter….then put a stop to it. Stop this nightmare now! Mr. Reid, We look forward for your official endorsement.

Our President Obama 08’ & 12’

April 15, 2008 04:53 pm at 4:53 pm |
  24. Bacusla

Just a quick take: BET founder Bob Johnson also wagered his ten cents – with his racial bleep. Amazing how Clinton's refusal to quit has given voice to the most inconsequential of self-ordained black commentators.

Johnson who as far as we know has done nothing beyond initiating (lets call it funding) a struggling television endeavor keeps returning us to the dung of his failing mind.

I hope Johnson has no children – this act of political aggression will live after, haunt & limit them as black people. He who must destroy another in other to further his own cause will have destruction lurking at his threshold.

Obama will be President & Commander-in-Chief of the United States of America.

April 15, 2008 04:53 pm at 4:53 pm |
  25. Rose - Baltimore, MD

I am bitter too, Hillary has turned me into a bitter person. Every single day this race keeps going I get more bitter. I hope it is going to be over after NC with a bang!

April 15, 2008 04:53 pm at 4:53 pm |