April 15th, 2008

Reid jokes Dem race making him 'bitter'

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid.
Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid.

(CNN) - Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid joked on Thursday said the sharp back-and-forth of late between Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama is having an effect on him.

"It makes me bitter," the Nevada Democrat said, invoking Obama's controversial comments that sparked strong criticisms from Clinton and Republican John McCain.

Reid went on to call the prolonged Democratic "healthy for our party," and predicted, "This is all going to be over fairly soon."

Filed under: Harry Reid
  1. Tejano

Thank God there is one party that still believes in a Democracy. And it sure is not the Democratic Party. Time to say the last rites for my father's Democratic party. The Pope is in town let him do the last rites.

DNC you messed up. Howard Dean is to blame.

April 15, 2008 06:02 pm at 6:02 pm |
  2. Rick in MD

Hillary is a Republican rooting for John McCain!!!

April 15, 2008 06:02 pm at 6:02 pm |
  3. noemi from los angeles

Obama really insulted the people of Pennsylvania. He was rude and critical.

He should lose real soon.

America does not need a president who slams the people

Obama…..lost our vote.

Now for Hillary Clinton.

CLINTON 08
    Are you serious??? Did you even listen to Obama's full speech??? I think you, like a lot of other people, missed the point. Are you telling me you are not bitter with what is going on in our country? Do we not hold on tighter to our religion when times are difficult? Do not people commit crimes (hence, guns) when times are difficult? Barack OBAMA speaks the truth, but it's narrow minded people who do not want to see the reality that are distorting his words. Hillary knows what he meant, McSame knows what he meant...... but of course, they're rivals, so they're going to go against whatever they can get their hands on to distort Obama's image. Have we forgetten the lies Clinton has told us? Have we forgotten that Penn is still in her campaign?? Have we forgetten about the soldiers McSame wants to keep forever in Iraq?????

Vote Democratic.

Vote Obama!

April 15, 2008 06:03 pm at 6:03 pm |
  4. Jack - Miami

Will be over soon once the public gets a good look at the Paul versus Clinton law suit and HRC's role in that mess. The Clintons have become a disaster for the Democratic party. They have caused voters to further distrust politicians as we are constantly reminded on all of the scandals and lies that they have told and continue to tell. Meanwhile – they are slaying the one candidate that Republicans would have a challenge with in the Fall in Obama. The voters of Pennsylvania could end the misery – but they wont. Nor will Indiana. I almost feel sorry for the democrats.

Nothing but glee for the Republicans.

McCain 08

April 15, 2008 06:03 pm at 6:03 pm |
  5. Melissa

If Hillary doesn't win the nomination, like I'm hoping, then I have to decide between McCain and Obama. I see a lot of bashing going back and forth between Hillary supporters and Obama supporters and it's horrible. I like Obama. I like McCain. I also see myself as a moderate democrat. I'm uncomfortable with the heavy-left image that Obama supporters are putting out there. Sometimes it's not just about the rediculous name calling on both sides, sometimes it's about the candidate and his/her vision.

April 15, 2008 06:03 pm at 6:03 pm |
  6. FreshFlavor

Ha. People honestly think McCain has a chance to be president. Wow stop kidding yourselves. The amount of registered democrats has doubled the republicans in the primary season alone. If America honestly goes for another 4 years of this absolute disaster we have gotten ourself into than I rather live in China. Obama will blow McSame out of the water.

Obama 08

April 15, 2008 06:04 pm at 6:04 pm |
  7. Linda from Minnesota

Here's the deal. Obama said what alot of us are thinking. I am a 60 year old white woman who is watching her retirement fund go down daily. I have been working and saving for 30+ years and my retirement fund is worth less now than it was 8 years ago. I am watching the value of my home decrease. I am probably going to work until I'm 80 because my retirement fund keeps losing money plus how can I afford health insurance without an employer plan. Yes, I did all the things I was supposed to do and yes, I am bitter because those things are disappearing. At least I still have my job but for how long. All of us need to stop this nonsense of reading into what any candidate says, focus on the issues and stop this. When this campaign started I thought there is no way the democrats can lose. Now I'm afraid McCain will win and why – because the dems can't get their act together. Hillary should show some grace and bow out, she can't win and she needs to rally around Obama and support him. Where is John Edwards? Why is he silent? Same with Al Gore. We democrats need to get our act together or we'll have more of what we've had for 8 years. I am willing to bet the Republicans are just loving this in-fighting that is going on. Issues, issues, issues. Forget the stuff about she looked phony drinking a shot, he said bitter. Well, I AM BITTER AND I'M GOING TO BE MORE BITTER IF A REPUBLICAN IS ELECTED AGAIN. STOP THIS FIGHTING AND PICK A CANDIDATE AND END THIS.

April 15, 2008 06:04 pm at 6:04 pm |
  8. Bernice

IT MAY VERY WELL BE A JOKE FOR HIM TO SAY HE'S BITTER, BUT BELIEVE ME IT'S NO JOKE FOR MILLIONS OTHERS THAT ARE SUFFERING TO SAY WE ARE BITTER,ANGRY, MAD AND DARN RIGHT PISSED WITH THE SITUATION OF OUR GOV.

THIS IS ALOT LIKE HILLARY & McCAIN MAKING LIGHT OF IT AND TO EVEN GO AS FAR AS TO TELL US WE ARE NOT BITTER. THIS WORD MAY HAVE OFFENDED (NOT) THEM, BUT THE TRUTH OF HTE MATTER IS NEITHER THIS WORD OR ANY OTHER CAN TRULY EXPRESS TO DISTRUST, DISGUST WE FEEL. AND FOR THEM TO MAKE LIGHT OF IT IS THE BIGGEST INSULT OF ALL.

SHAME ON YALL!!

April 15, 2008 06:04 pm at 6:04 pm |
  9. Joseph Adewole

What Hillary is doing now, that she is getting the message right, is if she won't be there, Obama too won't; this is childish......Obama will be there on May 6th...what is this her do or die fight for?
    Dems is greater than any individual.

April 15, 2008 06:04 pm at 6:04 pm |
  10. jim

Hilary is pissied off with cnn- they covered the Pope's visit and not
    her lying campaign lies

April 15, 2008 06:05 pm at 6:05 pm |
  11. Ried this harry

leadership of the democrats is at an all time low! You need to reorganize and get some 40 to 50 year olds to replace any one over the 72 years of age. The young are tired of being represented by the
    elite /rich/ old farts/ in this country\ Lobbiest should only be able to have access to Congress after hours. Lets say anytime on saturday would be fine. That would help the pigs at the trough situation
    nuf said

April 15, 2008 06:06 pm at 6:06 pm |
  12. rjudy

Harry, I am a lifelong Democrat, but I wont be in November if Hillary is not our party's nominee. You so-called leaders are only leaders in one sense, CHEERLEADERS for Racist Obama and his racist wife.
    Do you know their ties to a man named Ayers. Look it up. Ex-weatherman(domestic terrorist muslim org). Read Ms Obama's writings, she's for a separtist state for blacks.
    The evidence that has come out about him is ONLY now starting to come out. Heck, by November democrats will be scratching their guilt-ridden heads as to how they did'nt see it coming. Too late Harry.
    I will quit and vote McCain over these two phonies. And I'm NOT racist, I just see disaster with these two.

April 15, 2008 06:06 pm at 6:06 pm |
  13. Paul

ACTUALLY,

I HAD SOME BITTER GINGERALE LAST NITE

THANKS OBAMA!

I SLEPT JUST FINE

April 15, 2008 06:07 pm at 6:07 pm |
  14. BRAIN, KY

Here in our state we are about to vote for Obama. Hillary doesn't have ampathy with average Americans. I am sick of her and she should be ashamed and afraid of sen. Obama!

April 15, 2008 06:07 pm at 6:07 pm |
  15. Ashes

Well, if Obama wins then it's over for me. I will not vote for him. I dislike his tax and healthcare plans. I'll vote indie or green. I will not vote for Obama.

April 15, 2008 06:07 pm at 6:07 pm |
  16. melikeyhill

i am BITTER too....i wish i could take my VOTE BACK!!! I regret voting for hillary clinton!!!

April 15, 2008 06:08 pm at 6:08 pm |
  17. EBC

Thank you Jesus.... someone willing to make a joke of Sen. Clinton's whinning.....

I'm about sick of all this pettyness, she needs to get a grip.

NOW what will you do Sen. Clinton? Hummmm

April 15, 2008 06:08 pm at 6:08 pm |
  18. Hillary 08

Put an end to Obama, and kick him to Africa along with his Wife!!!!

April 15, 2008 06:08 pm at 6:08 pm |
  19. Austin

President Bill Hillary Clinton will take our country out of recession with the help of Larry Summer and Bob Rubin. We need an experience leader to take our beloved country in the right direction

What can Obama do? How can he negotiates foreign leader like Putin with lack of experience. I think Obama will take U.S.A to depression because of lack of experience. He did nothing to change the poverty southside Chicago. In fact, the poverty increases during his terms. How will he change U.S.A? Backward?

April 15, 2008 06:08 pm at 6:08 pm |
  20. Anna

The only thing about this race that doesn't make me bitter is OBAMA.
    I love an intelligent, dignified man too.

OBAMA 08

April 15, 2008 06:08 pm at 6:08 pm |
  21. Dani

Mr. Reid:

If you read these posts, you can see this is NOT healthy for the party.

April 15, 2008 06:08 pm at 6:08 pm |
  22. JF

90 Comments so far.
    90% of the Obamites slinging mud.
    And people wonder why as Dems we would vote for McLame.
    Obama is nothing new, he is "just words"...

April 15, 2008 06:09 pm at 6:09 pm |
  23. dave

can the american people send ole Harry out to pasture? what with his shady land exchange dealings and changes of ownership, he is hardly the best image the dems can have as their senate leader.....

April 15, 2008 06:09 pm at 6:09 pm |
  24. Danny

What's you talking about Mr. Reid? you said BHO will be over soon right?
    good I love it he going to bye bye. READ FOX NEW ABOUT WILLIAM AYERS AND OBAMA CONNECTION PLEASE before too late.

BYE BYE NO HOPE AND NO CHANGE FOR YOU OBAMA.

April 15, 2008 06:09 pm at 6:09 pm |
  25. Eric

Wow all these Obama supporters. Of course you nitwits are here. CNN has become a joke of a news network catering to you fools.

Clinton/Clark 08's

Let's put Obama back in training wheels.

April 15, 2008 06:10 pm at 6:10 pm |