April 16th, 2008

Obama and Clinton: battle of the ads

Barack Obama's campaign released a new ad Wednesday in response to Clinton.
Barack Obama's campaign released a new ad Wednesday in response to Clinton.

(CNN)— Barack Obama’s campaign launched a new ad in response to yesterday’s ad from Hillary Clinton that charged he was unduly influenced by donations from energy executives with a new spot that again accused her of accepting more special interest money than any other candidate.

Obama’s campaign also launched a mailer and a Web ad yesterday making similar charges against the New York senator.

“Obama’s the only candidate who doesn’t take a dime from oil company PACs or lobbyists,” says the narrator in the 30-second spot. “What’s Hillary Clinton’s answer? The same old politics… The truth? It’s Barack Obama who’s taken on the oil companies.”

The ad titled, "Dime" is set to air in Pennsylvania.

1. Quinn - PA

Thank you Obama for not playing the same old politics! Like you are so squeaky clean.

Can't wait until the media & republicans have a field day with you in the general election run up and make fools out of your supporters.

April 16, 2008 02:33 pm at 2:33 pm |
  2. Its got to be Hillary

Teri- I agree with you but I substituted Hillary for Obama and It makes more sense. you are backing a liar there is a growing list of shady anti-American, corrupt, terrorist friends that he conviniently claims to have never met, thay are backing him and they all preach the message that he arrongantly claims he is against, get a clue hes not what he claims to be and it shows more every day. take in consideration that you are choosing a president not a preacher, dont priase him for what he says but look into what hes done, and that would be a whole lot of nothing.

Barack H. Obama = WOLF IN SHEEPS CLOTHING
    Barack H. Obama = says one thing but means another
    Barack H. Obama = Unelectable

April 16, 2008 02:35 pm at 2:35 pm |
  3. Rob Winnipeg Canada

it's unfortunate that HRC is so desperate to continue attacking Senator Obama. If he doesn't respond the critics say he is weak and will never do well in November – He has to respond to her attacks and at the end of the day will be one candidate that can look himself in the mirror regardless of the outcome. How proud HRC's supporters must be for the type of campaign she has run.

April 16, 2008 02:36 pm at 2:36 pm |
  4. L MIAMI FLORIDA

HEY OBAMA ,

IF HILLARY IS ANNIE OAKLEY , YOU ARE VITO CORLEONE , OK !

YOU KNOW WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT DUDE !

April 16, 2008 02:37 pm at 2:37 pm |
  5. Marcia Novak PA.

Why arent the news media asking Hillary her tax returns for 2007? Who donated to the Clinton Library . Its money from CHINA, DUBAI, and the SAUDIES. Now her brothers were digging a hole to china in the back yard . She need HELP. Tonight watch the debate and she will be cocky , snoty and a snoot. Hope Obama sticks it to her . She need Doctors help now . Hillary gp have a few but take BillyBob with you . God Help Us . Pa will be a big surprise . Obama will take Pa .

April 16, 2008 02:39 pm at 2:39 pm |
  6. Paul

Obama says that he does not accept money from Lobbysts, yet his greatest fundraisers come from people from belong to Washington's law firms, healthcare and oil companies(people who actually work for them).. "Just words"

Obama uses NAFTA to gain votes. However one of his top advisors told the Canadians that Obama's position should be seen as "political maneuvering rather than an actual change in policy." JUST WORDS...

No one can say anything, 'cause they are immediately charged with racism. Let us not forget that his grandmother was labeled by him as "the typical white person" did he call her a "racist" to deffend Wright, the pastor who said God D... America?

HILLARY – PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

April 16, 2008 02:40 pm at 2:40 pm |
  7. shirlean.mason

a change is going come.

President Obama is the man.

April 16, 2008 02:41 pm at 2:41 pm |
  8. Joel

I am bitter every time I pull up to the gas pump, I am bitter every time I spend more at the supermarket for less, I am bitter every time I go to my second job and not spend time with my family so I can afford health insurance. I hope the people in Penn are as bitter as I am.

Obama 08