April 17th, 2008

Both Obama, Clinton to appear on Thursday's 'Colbert'

GREENVILLE, North Carolina (CNN) – Barack Obama taped an interview with Stephen Colbert of Comedy Central's 'Colbert Report' Thursday early evening to air later that night.

Obama will participated in the interview with Colbert via satellite after his event in Greenville, North Carolina.

Also set to appear on Thursday's program: Democratic rival Hillary Clinton.

1. Bruce Canada

She is so full of her self.In every debate and every time shes on t.v.
    hillary has to pump her web site Hillary Clinton.com I have counted
    and she has said it 37 times hillary must think people are stupid

April 18, 2008 01:01 am at 1:01 am |
  2. EVANS OWUOR DOULA

Barack go, go go never never give up you are almost there. We keep praying for you, we are with you all the time and will support you, we love your strength and you have demonstrated that you knew where you wanted to go and what you wanted to achieve,all the best and God bless you please, you are in our hearts.
    EVANS.

April 18, 2008 01:04 am at 1:04 am |
  3. lj

Obama has to think about what he is going to say. He is a target for every conserative,Clintonite,and cable TV. Evey word he speaks is under scrunity. McCain can goof up all day,and nothing is said, So if he stutter,and stalls for time,it is wisdom. He do not have the luxuary to get away with mistakes. He was right about people with out-sourced jobs being angery,and will turn to prayer in times of need. You will have to be born-again to know that.

April 18, 2008 01:08 am at 1:08 am |
  4. lj

I think the pope can help pedophiles turn to God.

April 18, 2008 01:09 am at 1:09 am |
  5. Dan J

I love how people aren't even willing to give Hillary Clinton a chance, but are willing to gush over Obama. This proves that his supporters are delirious.

Hopefully he can explain why in the world he would get an endorsement from Hamas.

April 18, 2008 01:10 am at 1:10 am |
  6. lj

I think the pope can help pedophiles.

April 18, 2008 01:10 am at 1:10 am |
  7. George

Obama initially declined...

After a poor showing at the debate, I can see now how desperate he is.

Obama, I made hundred of phone bank calls; YOU ARE OVER-RATED.

The slogans, tag-lines, and hypocracy is getting old.

We need a LEADER....
    Hillary 08

April 18, 2008 01:10 am at 1:10 am |
  8. lj

Robert in NY must be jealous of handson ,and smart Obama. Obama'o8

April 18, 2008 01:11 am at 1:11 am |
  9. Rellosa

Obama can not fool me !!! HILLARY 08 !!

April 18, 2008 01:13 am at 1:13 am |
  10. jenny

Hillary did great in last night debate! Can't wait to see her on Colbert later tonight! Go Hillary!

April 18, 2008 01:14 am at 1:14 am |
  11. nikki in pa

Well I must say I am not sorry I missed seeing Obama tonight, But I am Ohhh sooo sorry I missed the best candidate for the democratic ticket, Hillary Clinton, If Obama wins, his supporters will then get to meet the real Obama. and the damage will be done, cuz you can't take your vote back and McCain WILL BEAT him.

April 18, 2008 01:19 am at 1:19 am |
  12. Ed from Pa

I was there live! And it was phenomenal... They told us not to boo Hillary because this is Comedy Central and we don't want that kind of a mood to be set... but everyone was excited to see her when she appeared, regardless of who they supported. She was rather funny too. But I guarantee you, the roof would have blown off of that place if Obama showed up... the crowd was about 75/25 in favor of Obama.

And seeing Jon Edwards show up too to deliver the "Edwords"... the man only wants a jetski!

April 18, 2008 01:20 am at 1:20 am |
  13. Danny

No......he afraid Colbert going to ask him about William Ayers and Obama
    connection that's why he want to skipped.

April 18, 2008 01:29 am at 1:29 am |
  14. Marc

Susan in Pennsylvania, get used to seeing Clinton winning your state.

April 18, 2008 01:29 am at 1:29 am |
  15. TYPICAL WHITE MALE from Michigan

Saw the program - Hillary was GREAT - I really LOVE her strength, and FIGHT. Obama wouldn't even appear - only via TelePrompter or whatever. I did not understand the stint with Obama at all - Oh well, just like all of his babbling in the debate last night - poor "BOY" he really lost that debate and he looked extremely not like a President - the man has much to learn and just way too many SKELETONS in his closet. Of course we have all the KOOL-AID Generation that thinks Obama is the Pied Piper. Wake up people - believe me– he is not the second coming - if anything he is falling in a hole he will not get out of. I do not want all of CLOSET SKELETONS running around the White House and especially that LOUD MOUTH wife of his - boy is she TYPICAL. Also Robert from New York - I AGREE 100% with you. I am really shocked that There were not 1000 blogs from the Kool Aid Generation) or a lot of the Kool Aid Generation. Am sure some of them actually have a brain). After reading the Blogs on the previous Article - all 360 of them I am now certain that the Obamamites are extremely HATEFUL and VILE in their comments - My God Obamamites GET A LIFE ALREADY, and don't lose those KEYS to your parents home. When I do get a chance to read the Blogs I see the same people Blogging on every Blog - DO you Obamamites have anything else to do - MAYBE LIKE WORK????????????????

April 18, 2008 01:34 am at 1:34 am |
  16. Hillay Is On The Way To The White House!

Obama don't like going to "Black" events either!!

April 18, 2008 01:37 am at 1:37 am |
  17. lt

Pensylvania people are smart and intelligent. By now they figured out that Hillary will do whatever it takes to trash anybody that stays on her way. If Obama get the nomination she will work hard behind the scean to make him lose the election just to make her point. Two months ago I loved that woman, but now I am disgusted with her constant negativities.

April 18, 2008 01:44 am at 1:44 am |