April 17th, 2008

Both Obama, Clinton to appear on Thursday's 'Colbert'

GREENVILLE, North Carolina (CNN) – Barack Obama taped an interview with Stephen Colbert of Comedy Central's 'Colbert Report' Thursday early evening to air later that night.

Obama will participated in the interview with Colbert via satellite after his event in Greenville, North Carolina.

Also set to appear on Thursday's program: Democratic rival Hillary Clinton.

1. Peter

I am Latino and was born and raised in the U.S. I have no idea why Latino’s are for Clinton or McCain.
    I was on vacation in Fullerton California and the maid service back ground happened to be Latino, I ask her who she was going to vote for President and she paused and said I don’t know the people who are running.
    Then not even a second later, she said Clinton. I asked her why and she said, I don’t know anyone else and I know the Clinton name.

Hillary Clinton was in Texas and said she lived in Texas for a whole entire 3 months, wow she is well to do.
    She went on to say that’s where I fell in love with Mexican food and Mango Ice Cream. I I don’t know about the rest of Mexican people, but I am speaking about myself as a Latino American, this is called being patronizing and condescending.
    She calls Obama out of touch and condescending, check yourself out and look into the Mirror Hillary; you are the most patronizing and condescending person in this election.

I want someone real who has the best interest of all Americans and not just convenient for a particular state at a particular time. Most people who are for Obama and even Hillary who can actually think outside of the box will agree that see uses these tactics all the time which is to be true patronizing and demeaning to our intelligent.

Latino’s don’t go thinking that Hillary or McCain has your best interest at hart because they have the same philosophy of fearing and using old politics’, instead of making us unite think and hope.
    Latino’s the best thing for our Country is that Obama is the President for all Americans and not just some Americans.
    Obama will win all types of votes not just color, gender, religions, Independents and yes Republicans. VOTE OBAMA!!

April 17, 2008 10:25 pm at 10:25 pm |
  2. An American in Canada

Obama is to arrogant to have a sense of humor, he would feel that you were laughing at him and not with him, even if it were his own joke. Very defensive man..

So this is how Obama does interviews, he tapes the show at his end and if they like how Obama looked and sounded they send the tape to Colbert.

If Colbert makes him look silly, they stop taping and blame it on technical problems.

Sounds like same old politicking to me, protecting the package (Obama) and control the message (Obama's writers)....

April 17, 2008 10:25 pm at 10:25 pm |
  3. Nobama

Obama said he will be so busy with his campaign that he will not have time to have another debate. But he has time for Colbert report?!

NObama is too scared about having another debate with HIllary after he showed he was such an incapable last night!

April 17, 2008 10:27 pm at 10:27 pm |
  4. kicky

I am still interested to see which of the two candidates has a better judgment ,has better ideas for getting us out from this deep economic social and political crisis. I am less interested in knowing which candidate makes some errors in using the most appropriate word to define the dissatisfaction of people in some parts of our Land .Should we judge our neighbor or our leader by wearing a "patriotic pin " ?
    Kicky

April 17, 2008 10:27 pm at 10:27 pm |
  5. Hugh in Cincinnati

So which one gets the Colbert Bump™?

April 17, 2008 10:28 pm at 10:28 pm |
  6. AnnaMarie

Interesting... I've never watched the show before but I would make it a first to see barack rock..!! Or laugh too Hillary dodging sniper bullets..

Yes We Can.......

April 17, 2008 10:29 pm at 10:29 pm |
  7. ABG

Wonder why Obama changed his mind about appearing on Colbert?

Must be trying to redeem himself from his poor performance in the debate.

I hope he doesn't repeat his sarcastic sense of humor that he thinks does not qualify as attacking.

April 17, 2008 10:29 pm at 10:29 pm |
  8. Vivian

I love towatch Obama in action. He is so presidential, so calm.

April 17, 2008 10:36 pm at 10:36 pm |
  9. tell the truth

SO WHAT. I only care about issues, taxes,gas prices,my bank account.

April 17, 2008 10:39 pm at 10:39 pm |
  10. @americans

THE "FALSENEWS" IS OUT –

GEORGE "WHATEVER HIS UGLY NAME WAS", GOT THE AYERS QUESTION FROM SEAN HANNITY, A REPUBLICAN FUMING HACK!

SO THAT WAS ABC AND HILLARY DOING THE REPUBLICAN RIGHT-WING BIGOTS DIRTY JOB!

GLAD THE WHOLE NATION SAW THAT SMEAR CAMPAIGN IS NOT GOING TO WORK THIS TIME!!!

GO OBAMA!!!!

April 17, 2008 10:39 pm at 10:39 pm |
  11. Spring In Philly

me too

April 17, 2008 10:41 pm at 10:41 pm |
  12. Ricci

Obama, get ready for the Colbert bump!!!!

Obama '08

April 17, 2008 10:42 pm at 10:42 pm |
  13. Michael G- Ventura, CA

I was going to skip tonight as well--–not now!
    Stephen is one of my favorites, and Obama is my candidate. Should be much funnier than the pile-on at ABC last night.

April 17, 2008 10:42 pm at 10:42 pm |
  14. robert, new york

I would rather watch reruns of the Pope being seranaded with happy birthday than listen to Obama stutter uncontrollably over his own rhetoric. Without memorizing his script or stealing from Hillary's answers, he is hopelessly lost.

April 17, 2008 10:43 pm at 10:43 pm |
  15. Susan In Pennsylvania

Ed Rendell was great last night, so this should be good too!

I thought it was odd that Barack declined to appear on the show, and I expected a surprise visit when his wife appeared earlier in the week.

I was not going to stay up to watch Hillary, but now I will.

I hope Obama gets "the bump"...it's all he needs to beat Hillary and end her pathetic campaign right here next week.

April 17, 2008 10:43 pm at 10:43 pm |
  16. Bob Stephens

I think that the debate on ABC last night, was a bit of a comedy, considering the questions that were asked by the two zombies that hosted it.

April 17, 2008 10:44 pm at 10:44 pm |
  17. Jane

Her appearance on the Colbert Report was SO LAME. I'm surprised she didn't say she had to duck while coming into the show because she was under sniper fire like she did on Leno.

SHAME ON HILLARY. SHE IS A DISGRACE TO THE COUNTRY.

ANYONE BUT HILLARY. SHE'S DEAD IN THE WATER AND WILL NEVER WIN THE NOMINATION. DING DONG THE WITCH IS DEAD.

HALLELUJIAH!

April 17, 2008 10:45 pm at 10:45 pm |
  18. Su, Wisconsin

You are right April! Me too! I was planning to skip HRC's appearance tonite.

Btw, I have been reading your comments for a while now. You always have relevant things to say. Keep up the good work!

April 17, 2008 10:46 pm at 10:46 pm |
  19. Carl from Pa

Phew. I was afraid Obama was going to let Clinton take the spot light. She does well when she is keeping her usual angry self hiden from the public – so two faced. I'm glad Obama realizes how many people watch this show!

It'll be better than that awful debate I bet! ABC – shame on you, I mean really.

April 17, 2008 10:47 pm at 10:47 pm |
  20. Canadaman

"Obama will participated"?? There's a grammatical error or a typo in the article. You can check it up.

April 17, 2008 10:54 pm at 10:54 pm |
  21. christine

i think these night shows are better than abc

April 17, 2008 10:54 pm at 10:54 pm |
  22. Steven

Huh. I wonder if he will flip her off like he did earlier today. It's on you tube.

This man is not mature enough to be President. What's he going to do, flip off world leaders???

April 17, 2008 10:55 pm at 10:55 pm |
  23. Jane

Ding Dong the witch is dead, which old witch, the Clinton witch!

Ding Dong the wicked witch is dead!

Anyone but Hillary!

Obama or McCain '08

April 17, 2008 10:59 pm at 10:59 pm |
  24. Anee

Check out Obama giving the finger to Clinton on youtube, what a sicko and this guy wants to be our president. what a disaster!

April 17, 2008 11:01 pm at 11:01 pm |
  25. Newman

Great news for Obama! I'm gonna watch!

April 17, 2008 11:01 pm at 11:01 pm |