April 17th, 2008

Both Obama, Clinton to appear on Thursday's 'Colbert'

GREENVILLE, North Carolina (CNN) – Barack Obama taped an interview with Stephen Colbert of Comedy Central's 'Colbert Report' Thursday early evening to air later that night.

Obama will participated in the interview with Colbert via satellite after his event in Greenville, North Carolina.

Also set to appear on Thursday's program: Democratic rival Hillary Clinton.

1. Jen B.

I hope he does as well as Michelle Obama when she appeared on the show last night. I have heard her speak several times and I reckon she will be one impressive First Lady.
    I am a white female baby boomer who should be voting for Hillary but her campaign has been abysmal, especially in recent weeks. She has lost my vote.

Obama 2008

April 17, 2008 11:03 pm at 11:03 pm |
  2. berinde, san francisco

super! I like Obama's sense of humor, I guess it's going to be a super show!

April 17, 2008 11:04 pm at 11:04 pm |
  3. Jeanine G

LOL....either way Colbert can claim his "bump" on this one....but I believe Obama will benefit most.

April 17, 2008 11:04 pm at 11:04 pm |
  4. Venus

Way to go Obama!

April 17, 2008 11:04 pm at 11:04 pm |
  5. momar

time wasted!!!! obama is nothing but a beau parleur(a lot of nice speeches but not real substances).he will be worse than bush! mark my words.hillary all the way.we need the clintons back.

April 17, 2008 11:04 pm at 11:04 pm |
  6. cl

I do not care to hear big O. Obama just will find any excuse to whatever he messes up. NO fault on his side...everyone else is guilty of whatever, but him. How disturbing is this arrogance and ignorance. And dangerous. He has some good ideas, but is he going to be fair to all?
    I admire Hilalry, not him. Sorry.

April 17, 2008 11:04 pm at 11:04 pm |
  7. Red

Obama has to muscle in on Hillary's time. .Guess he has to steal the "bumb" after his loss last night.

April 17, 2008 11:06 pm at 11:06 pm |
  8. THE REAL CHERYL FOR HILLARY

HILLARY I LOVE YOU GIV E IT UP. YOU CAN'T WIN

WE LOVE YOU HILLARY

April 17, 2008 11:07 pm at 11:07 pm |
  9. Susan MO

I love you Hillary but give it up you can't win. it's over

April 17, 2008 11:08 pm at 11:08 pm |
  10. Jack in ND

Is she following him everywhere now?

First our State Democratic convention, and now this?

April 17, 2008 11:09 pm at 11:09 pm |
  11. william

Elite Obama should return the 200.00 dollars that this Ayers guy donated to his campaign and he should reject and denounce him for living in his community and breathing the same air as all the rest of us. That should satisfy the Clintons.

However, the poor Clintons should return the 800,000.00 dollars the Columbians gave to Clinton to help promote the free trade agreement. Then they should tell the truth as to why they backed NAFTA and China PTR.....

That would be fair.....Right?

April 17, 2008 11:10 pm at 11:10 pm |
  12. Thore from Chicago

Perhaps, Senator Obama will be helped in the upcoming polls that have not reflected his dismal, flat, and uninspiring performance in last night’s debate. Obama’s character and judgment are reflected in the answers Obama gave to last night’s tough questions. The questionable relationships connected to Obama’s judgment and character issues have been around for over a year. To me, it is astonishing that we are just finding out about these relationships and the main stream media never asked about them before. If we are selecting a nominee to represent Democratic Party in the General Election, we need know about Obama’s character – whether elitist or mangled speech or a anti-American Pastor moving into a 10 Million dollar mansion that Obama contributed $23,000 to last year – we need to know. Senator Obama truly is highlighting the silly season in politics today, so the Colbert Report is the perfect place for him. Also, the poll of poll numbers should not include pollsters like Zogby who is an ardent Obama supporter. SurveyUSA shows Senator Clinton ahead by 20 points In PA before the debate. Next Tuesday, will be the real test and all the polls will be meaningless, as they should, due to potential bias and margins of error averaging 10 points per survey.

April 17, 2008 11:13 pm at 11:13 pm |
  13. Zack

Please have Florida and Michigan counted. Florida delegates should be devided based on vote percentage. Michigan should do the same.

April 17, 2008 11:15 pm at 11:15 pm |
  14. TN

YAYA!!!!!! i can't wait!!!

April 17, 2008 11:16 pm at 11:16 pm |
  15. Audrey in SF

bet they discuss the issues more in-depth than they did on the debate last night...

April 17, 2008 11:16 pm at 11:16 pm |
  16. Indiana Bob

I thought Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. preached that a person should not be judged by the color of his skin. I guess blacks did not hear that sermon. They are voting 90% for Obama because he is black. They certainly are not voting for him because of his vast political experience. I have voted Democratic since 1972. No more. I will not be a part of the pathetic and disgusting racism being displayed by blacks in this primary. Evidently blacks have been cioddled too long. We need to totally abolishg every part of affirmative action. Blacks need to wake up and realize that rejection is a part of life that we all have to indure, it is not necessarily racism. I am tired of slavery being used by blacks (like Rev. Wright) as a reason to hate whites and to hate our country. Slavery ended over 150 years ago!! Get over it!! And my forefathers, like the forefathers of most whites, were not slave owners. Hearing the hatred that blacks have for whites and our country has definitely been an eye opener for me. I was brought up treat all people the same. I truely believed in the words of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. But Obama and his followers are demonstrating what racism is all about, and they are embracing all of the hatred that goes with it. I hope I never sink to that level, but I will be voting Republican (which is close).

April 17, 2008 11:19 pm at 11:19 pm |
  17. Sarha

I hope Hillary will play nice.

April 17, 2008 11:23 pm at 11:23 pm |
  18. PA Democrat

How is it that Obama supporters demand that Hillary drop out, yet Obama has zero chance of winning the PA Primary???

Will the lunacy never cease? Hillary Clinton is the only chance to take back the White House in 2008. No one that I know will turn out a vote for Obama. Jeremiah Wright has as much chance to win.

If Obama is the nominee, I along with most Clinton supporters will vote for McCain. Thus, Obama has zero chance of ever seeing the Oval office. Wake all you Dems who chose Obama!

April 17, 2008 11:24 pm at 11:24 pm |
  19. independent

this site should be 21 and over.

April 17, 2008 11:26 pm at 11:26 pm |
  20. Abdi

This should be pretty good to watch. I'm a pretty big Colbert fan and this campaign is starting to heat up over the last week or so.

Barack Obama maybe have stuttered a little but this is really the first time we've seen Obama slip a little, all of his other debates have been very solid and in some cases even inspiring.

Just watch how the media is going to swarm on every single word that Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton speak.

April 17, 2008 11:29 pm at 11:29 pm |
  21. Jennifer

In reference to the article CNN wrote about Hillary saying that the President decideds about Iraq, not the generals- see the YouTube of Obama's reponse in the PA debate. She has blatantly ripped off his words!

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McC1p_QTark&w=640&h=390]

April 17, 2008 11:31 pm at 11:31 pm |
  22. Jared Tyson

Gotta see a real moderator after last night's debacle!!!

April 17, 2008 11:32 pm at 11:32 pm |
  23. Joe, California

I started out a huge Hilary fan, but I have lost faith and patients for her tactics. Her endless criticism of Obama has actually made me take a closer look at him and frankly I like what I see. If he does not win the DNC nomination, I will be voting for McCain.

Joe
    California

April 17, 2008 11:33 pm at 11:33 pm |
  24. Jay

Love how you make it like Clinton just happens to be on also..SHE WAS BOOKED FIRST!

April 17, 2008 11:36 pm at 11:36 pm |
  25. Brian

Since ATA went out of business there are troops stranded in the Middle East. You have to love those Bushies. They send OUR troops over there and don't even bring them back! Anything to make sure his oil buddies make a fortune.

April 17, 2008 11:36 pm at 11:36 pm |