April 17th, 2008

Both Obama, Clinton to appear on Thursday's 'Colbert'

GREENVILLE, North Carolina (CNN) – Barack Obama taped an interview with Stephen Colbert of Comedy Central's 'Colbert Report' Thursday early evening to air later that night.

Obama will participated in the interview with Colbert via satellite after his event in Greenville, North Carolina.

Also set to appear on Thursday's program: Democratic rival Hillary Clinton.

1. bob in LA

must feel some sort of pressure- wait til he's the nominee and the fun really begins!

April 18, 2008 12:05 am at 12:05 am |
  2. Justin

Great week of Colbert. Awesome Chili-delphia coverage in the City of Brotherly Crunch.

April 18, 2008 12:06 am at 12:06 am |
  3. Gail

OBAMA WAS THE BOMB!!!! WHAT A GREAT PERFORMANCE!!!

April 18, 2008 12:07 am at 12:07 am |
  4. Matt M.

Great episode. John Edwards was a nice (and hilarious) surprise. I almost thought he would endorse Obama on the show. That would've been fantastic! As it was, with Stephen Colbert, Patrick Murphy, and Obama himself, we had plenty of "O-Train" support.

Obama '08

April 18, 2008 12:10 am at 12:10 am |
  5. Corey

Obama has a much better shot at winning the general election. Many Repubs will vote for Obama. Not one will vote for Hillary.

April 18, 2008 12:11 am at 12:11 am |
  6. Nick

I find it funny that Obama refused to go on Colbert... Until he found out Hillary was going to be on there. Then all of the sudden it was worthy of the messiahs time.

Hillary/Edwards 08!

April 18, 2008 12:12 am at 12:12 am |
  7. Eric in California

Maybe Obama will complain more about last night's debate – poor Obama – nobody offered him a pillow or asked if he was comfortable. He finally got some tough questions and he crumbled.

April 18, 2008 12:17 am at 12:17 am |
  8. Kristiaan

There is a typo in the article. Obama "will participate", not "will participated".

April 18, 2008 12:20 am at 12:20 am |
  9. Karen, Jersey City

hummmm....

Does Hillary have any Brothers? I wonder where they are..... she's framing herself as th only child.... I wonder why..... oh brothers oh brothers... where art thou brothers??????

April 18, 2008 12:26 am at 12:26 am |
  10. Julie

Colbert and Obama should swap places on tonight's show. I'd rather hear Stephen mock the campaign process than more of the same chants and rhetoric from Obbie.

At least Stephen is a paid comedian. Obama... is just a joke.

April 18, 2008 12:28 am at 12:28 am |
  11. Vote4any3rdpartycandidate

Dude,

vote 3rd party...somebody, anybody

April 18, 2008 12:29 am at 12:29 am |
  12. Jimmy169

Your hopelessly lost Robert. Great show that was, you can tell Obama was the favorite on the show, they saved the best for last!

April 18, 2008 12:30 am at 12:30 am |
  13. TM in Sacramento

Patrick Murphy was the star of the show tonight – his endorsement of Obama as a veteran of Iraq, bron in Philly, and now in the Senate -it was powerful.

April 18, 2008 12:36 am at 12:36 am |
  14. Lynn Levine, Minneapolis

Thanks for the heads up. I need to lighten up after lasts night's debate and my day today.
    I was at meeting today and my foster daughter was told that all the programs designed to help her transition to independent living had been cut.
    Instead of the despair that kind of statement has usually caused me, I thought, "Well, by the time she graduates High School Barack Obama may be President."

April 18, 2008 12:38 am at 12:38 am |
  15. CollegeStudentinTX

It was an interesting show.

This is my first comment. For the record, I notice many Clinton supporters state that if she doesn't win the nomination, they will vote for McCain.

Well, the Democratic Party will be even worse off not nominating Obama after winning the most pledged delegates and popular vote. Clinton would not win in November because Independents decide the elections in swing states; they either favor Obama or McCain. Clinton would only win the "blue" states while McCain would win every other state.

Obama is the only candidate that is able to win both "blue", and purple states this November because of his popularity among independents. He can even make red states competitive.

I am being logical; but Clinton is only more popular among Democrats, not both Democrats and Independents. Essentially, he doesn't need the votes of Democrats to win.

I could not vote for a divisive person for president. So as an Independent, I will take either Obama or McCain this november.

April 18, 2008 12:38 am at 12:38 am |
  16. bobby

This is the scariest link related to the clintons bar none!!
    The worm hole runs deep folks!
    Dont fall for the clintons lies and deceit!!
    What wont the clintons stop at ?

April 18, 2008 12:44 am at 12:44 am |
  17. moses

It looks that Senator Obama skipped on Colbert. He sent one of his surrogates. It looks he was upset at his lack luster performance on the ABC debate. He was afraid of Stephen asking him some 'Elite" questions.

April 18, 2008 12:47 am at 12:47 am |
  18. Old White Woman from Iowa

robert-new york:
    What did Barack steal from Billary? Today Billary was using Obama's lines from last night.

I sent my tax refund check of $965 to him two weeks ago. And if he needs it, I'll send whatever I get for my "rebate". Can someone enlighten me as to what the maximum an individual can send into a candidate? Thanks.

Billary will be lucky to get re-elected to the Senate next time she's up. HA! Maybe she'll quit when she loses this race... ya know, like some of the republicans have done since they lost the majority in 2006. Most people figure that was her only reason for running for it in the first place.

April 18, 2008 12:47 am at 12:47 am |
  19. Sandy

Obama and Edwards were hilarious.

I think the whole thing might have been a 'Gotcha' moment against Hillary. She really came across old and tired. I imagine she thought she was going to get the funny lines, but hers were pretty dull and expected.

Obama rocked.

April 18, 2008 12:48 am at 12:48 am |
  20. Frances

Hello out there, Im talking to the super delegates. Are they listening to Obama put his foot in his mouth. The next day, I believe , after someone tells him what to say he always comes up with excuses.
    As even Bush knows ,we have a saying in Tennessee. be sure brain is in motion before putting mouth into gear. How the delegates can even think of voteing for someone so slow to think is beyound me. If He is elected president and he makes one of his famous blunders, i am afraid we will get a missile up our red white and blue flag. Wake up, you know who is the bet person for the job, Now do what you were elected to do. Frances in Tenessee.
    PS if Hillary is old hat and he wants change, i guess we will say good b.y to most of you old hats.

April 18, 2008 12:48 am at 12:48 am |
  21. Chris in Indiana

Oh Robert, you're adorable!

April 18, 2008 12:50 am at 12:50 am |
  22. Nick / Minneapolis

John Edwards stole the show! Hearing from him again was a breath of fresh air. Obama had better at least appoint him Secretary of State.

April 18, 2008 12:52 am at 12:52 am |
  23. Obama the other typical white meat

Obama is too busy at his rallies getting comfort from the obamabots after his brutal spanking in the debate.

That is why he wont debate anymore because it makes him look dumb.

Hillary should go ahead and do the scheduled debate on CBS Saturday and invite McCain.

Kind of a warm up before she takes him on in the general election.

April 18, 2008 12:53 am at 12:53 am |
  24. Voting Trends

Is this going to influence any voters?

‘Great Man With a Great Principle’: Top Hamas Advisor Endorses Obama:

April 18, 2008 12:53 am at 12:53 am |
  25. Chris in Texas

I can't wait to hear about the issues these candidates believe in, in a humorous way! Colbert's nonsensical humor of ridiculous beliefs mimic the current Republican administration and mock them all the same. I think it'll be interesting to see Barack have a good time with this and Clinton get mocked with her dry humor!

Obama 2008 and 2012