April 17th, 2008

Cheney: the joke's on you

CNN

Listen to Cheney’s remarks Wednesday night.

(CNN)– Vice President Dick Cheney tells a room full of journalists at the annual correspondents dinner that his feelings toward the media drove him to confession with the pope .

Filed under: Dick Cheney
  1. Stacy Clarks, TX

can the pope drive him out of office?!?!

like today!!!!!!!!!!!!!

April 17, 2008 05:18 pm at 5:18 pm |
  2. spyturtle

Are you sure that's all you had to confess? Stop using the Pope to further your blood soaked hands. Greed is also a sin.

April 17, 2008 05:21 pm at 5:21 pm |
  3. DJ, LA, CA

feeling guilty?

April 17, 2008 05:25 pm at 5:25 pm |
  4. Obama Supporter

Didn't I hear he offered to take HRC shooting, since she's told us all how much she loves sport shooting? Please Cheney, tell me you really mean it!!!

April 17, 2008 05:25 pm at 5:25 pm |
  5. kathleen retired Professional w/woman for obama

What a "elitist"! I am surprised that Cheney can even show his face
    to the American People. But then again, I am sure the Journalists and correspondents love him dearly. Cheney made lots of stories to write
    about when they had "nothing" else to write about. Soon the books
    will be written on the "legacy of this Admin. Hope they tell the truth, then arrest them all.

April 17, 2008 05:28 pm at 5:28 pm |
  6. Paris

I admire him, and I love the way he told wolf he was out of line last year.

April 17, 2008 05:29 pm at 5:29 pm |
  7. CHERYL FOR HILLARY

HILLARY SHOULD GO WITH. SHE HAS A LOT TO CONFESS BUT
    I STILL LOVE HER.

GO HILLARY. WE LOVE YOU

April 17, 2008 05:30 pm at 5:30 pm |
  8. Kel from AL

Dang. That's pretty funny. You've got to take it with a grain of salt, considering who's talking here, but that's pretty funny. This guy's attitude & cockiness is legendary.

April 17, 2008 05:34 pm at 5:34 pm |
  9. JHR Arizona

This Man is what evil is all about. He has no respect for people of the United States and this is an "Elitist".

He scares me more than North Korea or Osama Bin Ladin

April 17, 2008 05:34 pm at 5:34 pm |
  10. Michael

I won't be the first to say this but......

SO

April 17, 2008 05:36 pm at 5:36 pm |
  11. Vince - Phoenix

and then the Pope sprinkled Holy water on him and there was nothing left but a mushroom cloud....

April 17, 2008 05:36 pm at 5:36 pm |
  12. candidate with three or four heads

Mr. VP please please do us all a favor
    take billary hunting with you to some far away land and she may not return until 2018 thank you.
    serve your country

April 17, 2008 05:38 pm at 5:38 pm |
  13. Ian

I didn't know love was a sin. He's gotten away with murder and no one cares to report it, so what else would he have to confess about except his love of the press?

April 17, 2008 05:39 pm at 5:39 pm |
  14. kathleen retired Professional w/woman for obama

Really? A confession to the Pope. Cheney, the pope can't stay
    that long. It would take a month to confess.

April 17, 2008 05:39 pm at 5:39 pm |
  15. Baby Girl

Got room fot the Clinton's. I think they need help fast.

April 17, 2008 05:44 pm at 5:44 pm |
  16. John Kay

Oh yea!!!! so, he also has a sense of humour.

April 17, 2008 05:47 pm at 5:47 pm |
  17. Jordan, Raleigh NC

Even if he sins no more we will be stuck for years with the consequences of the his previous sins. If there's a hell...

April 17, 2008 05:53 pm at 5:53 pm |
  18. Darth Vadik, CA

The Prince of Darkness talked to the pope?
    I wonder if a black hole opened somewhere.

April 17, 2008 05:54 pm at 5:54 pm |
  19. Bob Stephens

Dick Cheney is as funny as a rubber crutch...

April 17, 2008 05:56 pm at 5:56 pm |
  20. Steve in Tucson

I am sure the Pope said two things to Dick Cheney. First, I am,sorry but I am on a tight schedule, and don't have a Month to listen to all your sins, and 2nd, with everything you have done and all the lies you have told, you are still going straight to HELL!

April 17, 2008 06:00 pm at 6:00 pm |
  21. angela benson

Cheney should take Bush to confession when he wants to confess,be a good guy bush go out with a confession u and cheney and get all that i think i do this and do that without thinking things through without a plan,like the war,hello

April 17, 2008 06:00 pm at 6:00 pm |
  22. Mk

This story somehow implies Cheny is actually capable of feeling remorse and would actually seek forgivness.

April 17, 2008 06:01 pm at 6:01 pm |
  23. John

The legacy of this administration (particularly this sleezebag) has already been documented: see Bush's War on PBS.org

April 17, 2008 06:01 pm at 6:01 pm |
  24. Whyputaname

I was wondering was he trying to be funny?

Hmm.....I must of missed it.

April 17, 2008 06:01 pm at 6:01 pm |
  25. Apollyon

I'm an agnostic, so I say IF there is a God and he absolves a criminal like Rove with as much unrepentant blood on his hands as he has... I'll never be in that club. The Pope could have exorcised him, but then again there wouldn't be anything left once the demons were gone.

April 17, 2008 06:02 pm at 6:02 pm |