April 17th, 2008

Obama says NC could crown him the nominee

RALEIGH, North Carolina (CNN) -– Barack Obama said Thursday that the North Carolina primary could be decisive.

"If we can win in North Carolina, I think we can wrap up this nomination," Obama told an overflow crowd of supporters outside his event in Raleigh. "And if we can win this nomination I think we can beat John McCain."

"I think everybody understands how important this election is," he continued. "North Carolina is going to be critically important."

Filed under: Candidate Barack Obama
  1. superman0294

Barack Olbama is now going against John Mc.Cain in North Carolina. Barack Olbama said to a big crowd of people in North Carolina that if I beat him I will be the favorite to win the election.

April 17, 2008 07:34 pm at 7:34 pm |
  2. wiser

Senator Obama was whining and complaining about everyone being negative during the debate. He is a fraud, Senator Obama and his campaign can dish it out but they can’t take it. What will he do when Venezuela's President Hugo Chavez calls him the devil? Will he pout or be able to deal diplomatically with him or other difficult leaders? We need an accomplished and experienced President.

America doesn’t need an immature, arrogant president who does not respect the citizens of this country and whose wife and minister degrade our country. Americans know actions mean more than words and Senator Obama's words are empty at best.

Hillary 08!

April 17, 2008 07:37 pm at 7:37 pm |
  3. Bernice

YES WE CAN!!!!!!!!

YES WE WILL!!!!!!

OBAMA! OBAMA!! OBAMA!!! OBAMA!!!! OBAMA!!!!! OBAMA!!!!!! OBAMA!!!!!!! OBAMA!!!!!!! OBAMA!!!!!!!!! OBAMA!!!!!!!!!! OBAMA!!!!!!!!!!!

April 17, 2008 07:40 pm at 7:40 pm |
  4. Alice Newman Center Harbor NH

... get the quote straight ... If Obama did not use the word "crown" – then the headline should not use the word.

We've threw out King George in the Revolution and in a few months, the second King George will be sent to cut brush forever ....

Miss America is the only one who wears a crown in this country!

April 17, 2008 07:41 pm at 7:41 pm |
  5. Real people for real man.

NC and more states have to voice their displeasure over the negative attacks and focus on the general election.

It is very clear hillary is campaigning Mccain style or Republican style of campaign and democrats don't want a big destraction.
    Again Hillary focus on attacks not attacking on issues or ideas ,but on misspoke, little misstakes something she also catch on in a negative tone.
    Hillary herself made more misstakes than Obama, but she won't let Obama's misstake to be a mare misstakes. She has used Obama misstakes as her line on campaign and she has more lies or fablication during this campaign than Obama.

It is sad if the supperdelegates failed to stop this kind of bitterness among these 2 candidates NOW. ITCLEAR HILLARY WILL NOT RECOVER TO BEAT OBAMA WHO IS AHEAD IN POPULIRITY COUNT, MORE VOTES AND MORE WINS.

April 17, 2008 07:44 pm at 7:44 pm |
  6. lin

Napoleon Obama what can one say but Egobama your the best, the one, your so good and beatiful give us the plates you chew on, please sell us pcs of your shorts so we can worship thee. Don't mind those mean blue collar racsist gun clinging yahoos who hate immigrants, you don't need them. All you need is Oprah and the dummies Chris Mathews, Jack Cafferty and Keith Obermann Long live King Obama

April 17, 2008 07:44 pm at 7:44 pm |
  7. Ken Austin, TX

I AM SO SICK AND TIRED OF HILLARY SUPPORTERS THREATENING TO TAKE THEIR VOTES TO MCCAIN IF OBAMA WINS THE NOMINATION. THIS IS THE SAME KIND OF SCARE TACTIC THAT YOUR NOMINEE HILLARY CLINTON USES AND YOU SEE WHERE IT HAS GOTTEN HER....IN LAST PLACE!!!! BUT YET YOU STILL ARE DETERMINED TO FURTHER DIVIDE THIS NATION WITH NO REGARD. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. STOP ACTING CHILDISH, GROW UP, AND VOTE WITH YOUR MIND...NOT OUT OF BITTERNESS (NO PUN INTENDED).

I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH FORMER CLINTON SUPPORTERS VOTING FOR MCCAIN IN NOVEMBER IF THEY TRULY FEEL HE IS THE BETTER CANDIDATE, BUT TO THREATEN BARACK IN HOPES THAT HE WILL DROP OUT OR THAT YOU MAY SOMEHOW CONVINCE THE SUPERDELEGATES TO ENDORSE HILLARY TO MAINTAIN SUPPORT IS JUST DESPICABLE.

April 17, 2008 07:46 pm at 7:46 pm |
  8. An American in Canada

Are their enough African-American in North Carolina to put Obama over the top because other than them who else should vote for such an under-talented candidate for president.

Hillary put Obama to shame in the debate, she answered her question with authority and with a great knowledge and understanding of each topic from the war, economy, and even if she thought Obama could win the election...
    Yes, yes, yes he could, but only and I mean only if I help him because he is lacking in so many areas and everyone know I would be a finer president than Barack…YES I WILL, YES, I WILL, YES, I WILL

Does he think that just by being arrogant and showing his cockiness
    that he will win the nomination, it takes more than bitterness to make citizens feel guilty and thus vote because you are an Kenya-American.

A president can not be chosen because he gives a good speech that someone else wrote
    Obama only comes back the following day after being challenged with some witty comments and we all know it comes from his ghost writers.

Remember last time American you voted for a guy who was popular that you wanted to have a beer with. Where is that popular guy now, he sat in Washington and acts like you do not exist.....

A president should be elect by the people and that president should be for the people and that is Hillary R. Clinton...

Choose wisely this time America.....

April 17, 2008 07:48 pm at 7:48 pm |
  9. Jules, MD

He'll win NC, but he needs to win Indiana. I really hope he does. This supporter is tired. Having said that, every time I see Hickory's face, I will vow to fight on.

Obama 08

April 17, 2008 07:48 pm at 7:48 pm |
  10. annie

If Barack Hussein Obama gets the nomination rather than Hillary you can bet I'm voting for McCain. I'm not staying home and wasting my vote. McCain would be 1000 better than a piece of garbage like Obama.

April 17, 2008 07:56 pm at 7:56 pm |
  11. honkey white guy from cali

anyone notice that there is actually only a few Hillary supporters on here they just keep spewing the same negative trash all the rest of us are tired of hearing it is about time. this race has not even been close for weeks if it were any other democrat other than Hillary they would have made the wise choice and got out! now all these fem bots who keep saying he got trashed last night apparently they were watching something I wasn't. I saw him hammered and he remained composed did not blame anyone else and was very professional and presidential. Hillary on the other hand looked like a very rude arrogant condesending B__CH! she really needs some help!

Go Obama 08

April 17, 2008 08:00 pm at 8:00 pm |
  12. NObama

I will not vote for a candidate who pledged his alligience to Africa but refuses to honor the American flag.

Give me Hillary or give me revolution.

April 17, 2008 08:01 pm at 8:01 pm |
  13. R.N. NC

Ask not what your country for you. The best thing I can do for my country is to vote for a leader who knows what she is talking about. I want to see a President who is confident, not someone so uncomfortable to answer questions on the spot. That is not the kind of president of the USA I want people to see.

April 17, 2008 08:05 pm at 8:05 pm |
  14. Lyn

No more of those ridiculous debates. I am tired of looking at Hillary Clinton. I want to see Obama, Obama, Obama. Campaign forward, and do not indulge her any more. She is NOT the frontrunner.

April 17, 2008 08:06 pm at 8:06 pm |
  15. bob

If Obama wins the nomination, McCain will be president.

April 17, 2008 08:08 pm at 8:08 pm |
  16. Tobias

What a bunch of hooey! He's lying again. What a freaking hypocrite! he will not have enough delegates and it's going to the convention. After last night the super delegates will be lining up behind Clinton. Vote smart, vote Clinton.

April 17, 2008 08:11 pm at 8:11 pm |
  17. Zoinks

Very smart move, if Hillary can claim what various primaries mean so can Obama. Enjoy the goose gander sauce Hillary supporters, this is what spin looks like, you asked for it, you got it. They are going to push this idea hard – NC is the decisive state.

April 17, 2008 08:12 pm at 8:12 pm |
  18. Silas Morgan

Duke's going to lead the way! Duke Students for Obama!
    YES WE CAN!

April 17, 2008 08:13 pm at 8:13 pm |
  19. Teresa, Georgia

No Obama...PA WILL be the deciding factor you. You WILL be the nominee soon after the polls close in PA.

YES WE CAN!!!
    YES WE WILL!!!

OBAMA...OBAMA...08

April 17, 2008 08:18 pm at 8:18 pm |
  20. kathleen retired Professional w/woman for obama

From what I read on the "peoples" response to the ABC debate.
    7.000 people responded and 9 out of 10 were so mad and they
    think Hillary "set up" Obama. Go to the politics at ABC and read on.
    Most people are outraged that Hannity, Stephanopolus, Gibson,
    made Obama look so bad and made Hillary look great During the
    debate, the kept Chelsey in the spotlight and at the end, Hillary
    and Chelsey were on camera, Hillary giving Chelsey the nod. Hannity
    had Stephanopolus on his radio show the day before the debate.
    ABC had a vote. 62,000 + people voted who won the debate.
    42,000 voted for Obama. and a mere 15,000 voted for Hillary.
    Hillary is toast, even in PA.. I think people are mad. Go to ABC.

April 17, 2008 08:18 pm at 8:18 pm |
  21. Jon

I am a registered Republican and Obama supporter that resides in Lancaster, PA and I don't know anyone who is voting for Hillary Clinton–where the heck are all these alleged Hillary supporters in PA? I am well aware of the fact that Lancaster County is a predominantly Republican county, but there are lots of Democrats here and I can't for the life of me find one–just one–Hillary supporter.

Furthermore, the polls indicate that she is sustaining a five point lead over Obama, but how? Are Hillary supporters hiding or ashamed of revealing themselves?

OBAMA 08

April 17, 2008 08:25 pm at 8:25 pm |
  22. Time for Change

Vote for McCain and still suffer. Some people just don't get it. I think God that I am doing well enough to weather another four year storm because there are a lot of stupid people in the country. I say turn the heat up because it is not hot enough yet. All of you mcCain supporters need to enlist in the military for the next four years because McCain wil also need your support in fighting more wars but do not look for him to support you.

April 17, 2008 08:42 pm at 8:42 pm |