April 17th, 2008

Obama says NC could crown him the nominee

RALEIGH, North Carolina (CNN) -– Barack Obama said Thursday that the North Carolina primary could be decisive.

"If we can win in North Carolina, I think we can wrap up this nomination," Obama told an overflow crowd of supporters outside his event in Raleigh. "And if we can win this nomination I think we can beat John McCain."

"I think everybody understands how important this election is," he continued. "North Carolina is going to be critically important."

Filed under: Candidate Barack Obama
  1. Joyce in Florida

I saw your little speech when you were in North Carolina today. WAH WAH WAH. If you can't take the heat from the debate last evening and are complaining about being picked on, you are not ready for the most important position in our country. You will NOT win the nomination. You and everyone else knows that Hillary Clinton is the most strongest, experienced, and smarter candidate to run against John McCain. So stop your whining already. We are tired of hearing you talk. That is all you can do. I haven't seen much action from you except for the constant attacks you and your camp have used against Senator Clinton. You are so divisive it makes me ill. So brush that off your shoulder Senator Obama. HILLARY CLINTON FOR PRESIDENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

April 17, 2008 07:13 pm at 7:13 pm |
  2. Darrell

I sincerely hope this will end very soon but I feel Hillary will continue
    to the convention if it comes to that. Both candidates have their positives and negatives. I feel Obama is more creditable however and
    their issues are basically similar. I will cast my vote on April 22 for him.
    Who ever is the Democratic Nominee I will vote for however. I will not
    let my personal feelings about Hillary influence my vote if she is the nominee. We need to focus on the issues not on human frailities. I believe she is better than her campaign. I also believe at this point of time that Obama in my view is the better candidate.

April 17, 2008 07:13 pm at 7:13 pm |
  3. Wanakee

Barack is already the nominee, but North Carolina will put the icing on the cake. Hopefully, Hillary will get the message, pay off her campaign debts and get the hell out of the race!

April 17, 2008 07:14 pm at 7:14 pm |
  4. Mark Scarpaci

Work hard. Volunteer for Obama. Keep your eye on the prize until it's over...

April 17, 2008 07:14 pm at 7:14 pm |
  5. Craig in Texas Democrat and supporter for Obama

Everytime i hear a nagative comment about Obama from the right or independents and they say jus wait till the republicans get their hands on him reminds me of how the KKK used intimidation to scare people from fighting the good fight. No one cares about republicans its a new day and old ways of washington are done. The American People will not be bullied.

April 17, 2008 07:15 pm at 7:15 pm |
  6. Carey Gister

Yes, cornelia, he's as sofisticated (sic) as your comment.

I normally do not revert to ad hominum comments, but, frankly, if last nights debate is any indication of his grasp of the complexities of the issues facing this country, I do not want him to be my President.

On the other hand, they have essentially the same playbooks. The variations are minor.

Please, let's have this election be one about competence, not personality. We've had eight years of a supposedly likable President. And, frankly, I hope that is not our metric.

April 17, 2008 07:16 pm at 7:16 pm |
  7. Rob

In case you guys havent been paying attention. McCain has no plan to fix the problems. He wants a neutral budget. Know what means?

All the money will stay the same for every program suffering. No additional funding for infastructure, educaiton, or anything for that matter. No plan for environment except more Nuclear power plans.

No plan to remove the troops. You know what that means with a neutral budget? It mean we take EVEN more money from China to pay for this crap.

Anyone, especially a Democrat who is ok with this..dont complain when you kids educational skills decrease, or when your paycheck cant buy as much as it used to, and why the world will continue to hate us.

Fact of the matter is that Obama and Clinton are the same on policy, they just have different attitudes on working with people.

So to go running to McCain just because your candidate become the Dem nominee, is the greatest act of selfishness any person can do.

And Im not even a democrat. I was an independent and actually liked mccain, but i read over his plan and there is NOTHING THERE. So im voting dem regardless. Be Smart

April 17, 2008 07:16 pm at 7:16 pm |
  8. Stewart from North Carolina

We are working hard in North Carolina to bring Obama a big win.

April 17, 2008 07:17 pm at 7:17 pm |
  9. Lana

Great!!!!
    Just what we need. Another, self annointed KING, voted in by the KOOL-AID drinkers. De-ja vu, all over again. KING GEORGE, 2000, appointed by the supreme court, and the kool-aid drinking christian right believed his act that he was a good christian, rather than vote for the true straight talking patriot John McCain ( now they feel guilty about it but it's too late for him).
    Other similarities b/t the KING's: arrogant, inexperienced, likeable, charming, good talker, uniter...shall I go on? NAH.
    Lana

April 17, 2008 07:17 pm at 7:17 pm |
  10. Kathy in Oregon

FYI Obama worshipers – if you haven't noticed (perhaps too busy writing personal attacks against Jorge Lopez) there are MANY people on this blog who refuse to vote for your candidate.

Obama is inexperienced, hypocrtical and simply too full of himself to win the presidency.

In November I'm voting for the candidate with the MOST experience - so if the Democratic nominee is Obama, I have no choice but to vote for McCain.

AND I TRUST McCain more when compared to Obama.

April 17, 2008 07:17 pm at 7:17 pm |
  11. mary

He is so arrogant, I would never want him as President.

April 17, 2008 07:18 pm at 7:18 pm |
  12. suzy

do any of you understand that NEITHER will have enough delegates EVEN if they sweep the rest of the primaries????
    Obam CANNOT simply be handed the nomination! It just doesn't work that way.
    John McCain had to keep going until he captured all of his delegates, even though it was obvious he would be the nominee.
    Sorry guys, your Obama is going to have to work for this, unlike his senate seats that were handed to him.....

April 17, 2008 07:18 pm at 7:18 pm |
  13. Ben

I think I dislike Obama more than Clinton...
    The last thing this country needs is a democrat is office. Its too bad Bush can't run again...

McCain 08

April 17, 2008 07:19 pm at 7:19 pm |
  14. Nancy

This is supposed to be a democracy.... Sorry Obama ..... There is no crown for you....

April 17, 2008 07:19 pm at 7:19 pm |
  15. dale in indiana

HE SAID HERE IN INDIANA THAT HE WOULD PROBABLE WIN IN NC AND INDIANA WOULD BE THE TIE BREAKER. WHATTA A LIER.. WAKE UP PEOPLE....

April 17, 2008 07:19 pm at 7:19 pm |
  16. Keith Cornelius

You guys are going after this guy LOPEZ what becasue he won't vote for Obama, I don't blame, NOT ONE OBAMA SUPPORTER HAS BEEN ARTICUALTE ABOUT HOW HE PLANS TO DO THE THINGS HE SAYS OR PAY FOR THEM . BUT HILLARY HAS BEEN ARTICULATE ON HER PLANS, SHE HAS BEEN TO OER 80 COUNTRIES SHE HAS BEEN TO IRAQ TO SEE THE TROOPS AND SHE SPELLS OUT ON HER WEB SITE HOW SHE WILL PAY FOR THEM AS WELL. NOW LETS LOOK AT OBAMA....HE HAS YET TO BE AS ARTICULATE IN HIS PLANS, i GUESS WE CAN ONLY HOPE HE HAS ONE, HE HAS NOT BEEN WELL TRAVELED LIKE HILLARY, HE HAS NEVER BEEN TO IRAQ SO,............LET SEE AN OBAMA SUPPORTER ANSWER THESE QUESTION I JUST PUT FORTH WITHOUT USING THE WORD HOPE, OR WE CAN......

April 17, 2008 07:24 pm at 7:24 pm |
  17. Valerie Hostutler

Susan, voting for Sen. Clinton is voting for Sen. McCain. So it really doesn't matter which one you vote for, you will still have another four years of Pres. Bush. Let's take this election to the issues table and let's agree to change. If you vote for same o, same o, you will get same o, same o.

April 17, 2008 07:24 pm at 7:24 pm |
  18. FEDUP

Your going to give this election to the Republicans, in what should have been a landslide for the Democrats. What a bunch of jerks, I'm switching to the GOP. I will not vote for Obama, he is such a spineless, all talk kind of person. God, I hope words are all we need to solve the problems we are facing. I think we will go into a great depression (again) if he is the next President. I will at least be able to say, "don't look at me, I wanted her." McCain at least, really loves this country, and has his whole life.

April 17, 2008 07:24 pm at 7:24 pm |
  19. aliou salam, Jacksonville FL

Pensylvania: I am in florida and we will deliver for Obama in november. Don't listen to Clinton. Most of us stayed hom when we knew Obama will not be on the ballot.

Help us exercise our vote by voting for Obama. IF you don't we will stay home this nov. The only way to help us make our voice count is to vote OBAMA.

April 17, 2008 07:25 pm at 7:25 pm |
  20. plain jane

Obama wants to get it over before more crap comes out about him. NC PLEASE do not vote for Obama. He has a ton of radical baggage attached to him....PLEASE SEARCH THE WEB AND BLOGS ABOUT OBAMA........PLEASE AT LEAST LET HIM BE VETTED!!!!!!!!

NC SAY NO TO OBAMA!!!!!!!!! please
    NC SAY NO TO OBAMA!!!!!!!!! please
    NC SAY NO TO OBAMA!!!!!!!!! please
    NC SAY NO TO OBAMA!!!!!!!!! please
    NC SAY NO TO OBAMA!!!!!!!!! please
    NC SAY NO TO OBAMA!!!!!!!!! please
    NC SAY NO TO OBAMA!!!!!!!!! please
    NC SAY NO TO OBAMA!!!!!!!!! please

April 17, 2008 07:26 pm at 7:26 pm |
  21. Mark Vale

Right on!

April 17, 2008 07:28 pm at 7:28 pm |
  22. REM

Obama is a loser!!!!! Didn't you watch the debate?

April 17, 2008 07:30 pm at 7:30 pm |
  23. ceder8@juno.com

Maybe the Hillary supporters are correct, we need a filthy lying con- artist with split personalities to be president. That's the way we've always done it.

April 17, 2008 07:31 pm at 7:31 pm |
  24. aliou salam, Jacksonville FL

Clinton just gave lou dobb and fox another page to spin.

THank you dean, let's stop this bloody fratricidal mombo jombo.

Barack doesn;'t win? I will vote mcWar without a qualm. Clinton is war enough for me, I can't stand going through 8 years of her. but the republicans have done enough wrong.

The pope just said americans are angry because of the allienation from washington. Go for it. You can bash him like you did obama.

April 17, 2008 07:31 pm at 7:31 pm |
  25. FEDUP

Why is Hillary still beating him? He has spent 4x's the money and still can't put this thing to bed??? Doubt if this gets posted either.

April 17, 2008 07:34 pm at 7:34 pm |