April 17th, 2008

Obama says NC could crown him the nominee

RALEIGH, North Carolina (CNN) -– Barack Obama said Thursday that the North Carolina primary could be decisive.

"If we can win in North Carolina, I think we can wrap up this nomination," Obama told an overflow crowd of supporters outside his event in Raleigh. "And if we can win this nomination I think we can beat John McCain."

"I think everybody understands how important this election is," he continued. "North Carolina is going to be critically important."

Filed under: Candidate Barack Obama
  1. April

Well if he wins NC and gets the nomination welcome to 4 more years of Republican rule. Check out his spin against McCain, there is not much difference,even on Iraq.Obama says -now- that he may end the war by the time he leaves office, if it is possible (anti-war-I think not), no universal health care, no plan for jobs or the economy. If it's going to be a Republican whitehouse, I'll take McCain, at least he has served his country in war and peace.If you want a Democarat vote for Hillary.

April 17, 2008 05:30 pm at 5:30 pm |
  2. Jake, California

Got to love this guy, he speaks logic.

Listen to Hillary's logic...

If I only win big states, I should get the nomination because I am the queen of sniper fire...and the presidency is mine to keep.

April 17, 2008 05:31 pm at 5:31 pm |
  3. kathleen retired Professional w/woman for obama

Yes, we would love to get this debacle wrapped up real tight.
    Would that mean that we don't have to listen to 'that woman" no
    mo!!! Yo!!! Yo!. Go Obama, Go!!!1

April 17, 2008 05:31 pm at 5:31 pm |
  4. Amy

No more debates.

April 17, 2008 05:31 pm at 5:31 pm |
  5. cathy

Jorge- WHEN Obama wins the nomination I feel sorry for so called Dems who would vote for 4 more years of Bush.

April 17, 2008 05:32 pm at 5:32 pm |
  6. Wallace

I'll be ready for you in November to vote.

Go Obama 2008

April 17, 2008 05:32 pm at 5:32 pm |
  7. John Kay

If Obama loses the general election to McCain, Hillary will lose even more when matched-up with McCain in the same election.

Quote of the day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

April 17, 2008 05:32 pm at 5:32 pm |
  8. Amy

Jorge Lopez

Do you think Hillary or McClain is for you? I think not.

April 17, 2008 05:32 pm at 5:32 pm |
  9. Strega

I will cross party lines and vote for McCain if Obama steals this nomination.

That being said, NC will not cinch the 2025 delegates he needs for the nomination. Thank God.

April 17, 2008 05:32 pm at 5:32 pm |
  10. Will SF CA

Huh..? Did I miss somthing?

April 17, 2008 05:33 pm at 5:33 pm |
  11. Lisa

I'm sorry but North Carolina is not important.

April 17, 2008 05:33 pm at 5:33 pm |
  12. Sharon

Don't you wish!
    "The person that can't dance says the band can't play".....Obama in a nutshell....
    Why is he soooo mad? I loved the person in his audience who asked him how he could stand up to the republicans when he got creamed last night :)

Hillary has been treated worse for the entire campaign....he can't take ONE night of tough questions about HIS OWN ACTIONS? And he wants to be president? Can someone explain how he would handle the job if he can't handle questions without getting upset?
    Boy, he is really pathetic.....what a baby....
    There had NOT been a debate since his pastor and the bigot remarks came to be....The questions needed to be asked in the debate forum. He was weak and irritated....he really looked bad. I guess that's why he doesn't want any more debates...how funny :)
    GO HILLARY!!!

April 17, 2008 05:33 pm at 5:33 pm |
  13. beverly Kuester

Senator Obama is the only candicate talking Hope. HOPE is all this housewife has left. Hoping the Veteran's Administration will change it's policy to include dental care. Her husband's dental care is taking antibiotics to fight his gum and tooth infections, and drinking Ensure because of his difficulties with chewing his food. He has seven teeth left that need to be pulled. The v. A. refuses to pull them.

Written by Bev Kuester

April 17, 2008 05:34 pm at 5:34 pm |
  14. Sharon

Nice try BO...

Boy, he is really pathetic.....what a baby....
    GO HILLARY!!!

April 17, 2008 05:34 pm at 5:34 pm |
  15. Marty

If Obama wins, I am moving to Canada.

April 17, 2008 05:34 pm at 5:34 pm |
  16. Otto F

Why did he choose N. Carolina and not Pennsylvania or Indiana?

April 17, 2008 05:35 pm at 5:35 pm |
  17. OlvrWhit

How dare Obama complain about the debate after he stood by and allowed those same tactics to be used on Clinton in the past 20 debates. His supporters and he himself are ridiculing ABC and Clinton and its shows their hypocricy. Obama supporters have done nothing but roll in gutter politics and now want to scream about talking about issues. I am from NC. I know the people in my state are smarter than this.

Don't whine Obama if you can't stand the heat. Afterall, you are playing in the gutter political arena also, and people are really starting to see it. We don't want a hypocrite for a President.

April 17, 2008 05:35 pm at 5:35 pm |
  18. bon

Count this voter and his family to switch over to the Republicans if Obama wins the nomination of his party.

April 17, 2008 05:35 pm at 5:35 pm |
  19. Doug, Florida

Jorge Lopez:

Get a life. Obama does not need you to win.

LOSER

April 17, 2008 05:36 pm at 5:36 pm |
  20. Ready for Change

I'm afraid Obama is just not ready for prime time, my vote will go to Clinton, who knows where she wants to lead this country and how she will do it.

April 17, 2008 05:36 pm at 5:36 pm |
  21. Now for Obama

Jorge lopez we don't need you! Many Hillary supporters have already jumped shipped and more will switch to Obama by Novermber! His support is monstrous!!!

April 17, 2008 05:36 pm at 5:36 pm |
  22. Jake, California

Two things:
    1. Those Hillary supporters who like to write in caps, you are really annoying!

2. Get a life and stop talking about not voting for Obama if he wins the nomination, this equally annoying...
    With the amount of people voting for Obama in the primaries and caucuses, we can beat John McCain...just look at Republican popular votes and compare to the votes received by Obama in these primaries and caucuses....

It's ur right to vote and also not to...stop the fear mongering and threat of voting for McCain...just go do it, ok...that's your right!

April 17, 2008 05:36 pm at 5:36 pm |
  23. Raphael N.C.

Democratic Sen. Barack Obama dismissively talked about his debate with Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton and the line of questioning from ABC News' moderators, arguing that it focused on political trivia at the expense of the problems facing average voters.

Obama is complaining because the questions were too hard for him..Pooorrr Baby... Its funny to see the true reaction of a Politician when the shoe is on the other foot.

Get Smart N.C. Voters
    Go Hillary

April 17, 2008 05:37 pm at 5:37 pm |
  24. juliemn

He.s a very arrogant man, and again using people, dont ask me any hard questions, I answer to nobody, just vote for me you fools. and they do.

April 17, 2008 05:37 pm at 5:37 pm |
  25. look byond

Peole like you Jorge needs to wash your mouth more often.

How can you be sooooooooooooo hateful and thoughless.
    Dammed. we have something good going on for the betterment of you and your family and you are trying to open your mouth.
    Please closed them tight or go down to the river Jordan and wash them thoughrouly.
    Thank you.