April 17th, 2008

Romney: I could have won, with a few more Osmonds

CNN

Watch Mitt Romney tell the top ten reason’s he dropped out of the race.

WASHINGTON (CNN) - At Wednesday night’s Radio and Television Correspondents Dinner in Washington, D.C., former Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney gave his “Top 10 Reasons for Dropping Out of the Race":

10. There weren't as many Osmonds as I thought.
9. I got tired of corkscrew landings under sniper fire.
8. As a lifelong hunter, I didn't want to miss the start of the varmint season.
7. There wasn’t room for two Christian leaders.
6. I was upset that no one had bothered to search my passport files.
5. I needed an excuse to get fat, grow a beard and win the Nobel prize.
4. I took a bad fall at a campaign rally and broke my hair.
3. I wanted to finally take off that dark suit and tie, and kick back in a light-colored suit and tie.
2. Once my wife Ann realized I couldn't win, my fundraising dried up.
1. There was a miscalculation in our theory: "As Utah goes, so goes the nation.”

Filed under: Mitt Romney
  1. teddy orlando

funny

April 17, 2008 01:04 pm at 1:04 pm |
  2. Nathan

So you wanna email me and tell me why my earlier comment is still in moderation?

April 17, 2008 01:06 pm at 1:06 pm |
  3. Lord Puke

Kathleen for Obama, you choose to make yourself bitter. Since I am so intelligent, I know that you are bitter because you are a democrat and you know that these conservative commentators and President Bush are correct.

Dick Cheney Rules!!!!!!!

April 17, 2008 01:07 pm at 1:07 pm |
  4. Rebecca

This guy wil forever make my stomach turn.....

April 17, 2008 01:07 pm at 1:07 pm |
  5. Debby

This was funny. I like Romney but I doubt McCain will pick him as VP.

April 17, 2008 01:07 pm at 1:07 pm |
  6. VOTER FOR TRUTH, DIGNITY-OBAMA 2008

I can't stand Mitt Romney or Cheney, or McCain
    True and real "elitists." The list in Washington
    is long, which would include, of course, Hillbat.
    I am sick of people that live off our taxmoney and
    think there are better. And we hired them!

April 17, 2008 01:08 pm at 1:08 pm |
  7. Binh

Hated Mitt while he was running then gained respect for him when he bowed out gracefully.. *hint Hillary hint*

This was a goood list! Better than most of Letterman's Top 10's lately!

April 17, 2008 01:08 pm at 1:08 pm |
  8. Santa Fe Voice

Pretty funny. Still don't trust him.

April 17, 2008 01:09 pm at 1:09 pm |
  9. walter

Mit Romney who

April 17, 2008 01:11 pm at 1:11 pm |
  10. Ralph

This is actually really funny. I don't care for the man's politics or religion, but at least he can laugh at himself and be in on the joke.

The only funny thing McCain has done is take a long vacation in a bamboo hotel. And I think he caught "the crazy".

April 17, 2008 01:11 pm at 1:11 pm |
  11. Just Stating The Facts

First and foremost.........Sir, you are NOT a Christian. You are a Mormon. A Cult. Period.

April 17, 2008 01:14 pm at 1:14 pm |
  12. Chris, Denver CO

Somewhat funny. Cheap shot at Al gore. I still don't trust Romney or GOP.

April 17, 2008 01:14 pm at 1:14 pm |
  13. mad

Is the media dumb or are we?

April 17, 2008 01:15 pm at 1:15 pm |
  14. Miguel

Tony

Ever hear of the "The Golden Rule"

April 17, 2008 01:16 pm at 1:16 pm |
  15. Kevin

Hilarious! Marvelously self-deprecating. He is a great man.

April 17, 2008 01:17 pm at 1:17 pm |
  16. John from Las Vegas

A Mormon president?

That's the biggest joke of them all.

OBAMA '08....PEACE '09

April 17, 2008 01:18 pm at 1:18 pm |
  17. BA

Everybody that has made negative comments about Mitt Romney must like paying high taxes and high gas prices and want Washington to keep doing what it alway has been doing. If any of you think that any "real" change is going to happen with any of the "Senators" as our president, you have another thing coming. The only hope our country has, is if McCain picks Romney to be his VP. He can then be there for the next twelve years to nurse our country back to health. The "Senators" have been there for years and they are part of the reason that our country is in the position that it is in now in all aspects. They don't know how to do anything different. Romney is the only one that doesn't have any "baggage or dirty laundry" to bring into the white house. People, wake up! Romney is our country's only hope.

April 17, 2008 01:18 pm at 1:18 pm |
  18. John, Lexington MA

Those of you who dislike Romney do so most likely out of jealousy. He is by far the most intelligent of all the candidates (just check his resume), monetarily the most successful, and guess what? The guy has only been married once and doesn't have any extra-marital affairs to entertain the media. Why did he lose? He's too boring. The media doesn't want someone as clean cut. What would there be to talk about if we don't have controversy after controversy?

April 17, 2008 01:19 pm at 1:19 pm |
  19. Peter

Good list, Mitt, but you'd better not say anything else for a while. You know how easily the Obamacites get upset.

April 17, 2008 01:19 pm at 1:19 pm |
  20. richard

According to a 2007 Time interview Obama was in prep school while mom was getting her Phd and collecting food stamps. Of course you know that at that time he would be living with the (well off) grandparents not mom.

April 17, 2008 01:21 pm at 1:21 pm |
  21. Brendan H., San Antonio, TX

Mitt, you left one out.........

.......You're not electable.

April 17, 2008 01:22 pm at 1:22 pm |
  22. FreshFlavor

Quote from Dave C N.J. April 17th, 2008 12:11 pm ET

"Get a life you bitter old hens.
    I'm a Dem but think this was a great light-hearted ticker piece.
    The nay sayers on here need to take a xanex."

Hahaha right on Dave. Could not have said it better myself.

April 17, 2008 01:23 pm at 1:23 pm |
  23. James

This brings up a life lesson of mine. If you can not laugh at yourself, you should not laugh at all. it is awesome to see Mitt Romney has a sense of humor about his unsuccessful bid.

oh and as a not to my fellow Democrats, PLEASE lighten up. it is a humor story for crying out loud. there is no political statements in this what so ever, so there is no need to bash him OR CNN

April 17, 2008 01:23 pm at 1:23 pm |
  24. FreshFlavor

And DEFINITELY the worst debate of all time. What an absolute joke. Anyway, since Obama once again took the highroad on HIllary's Bosnia covert Ops mission and HIllary dove nose first into the muck in negatives this once again can be marked down as a win for Barack.

Obama 08

April 17, 2008 01:25 pm at 1:25 pm |
  25. Guy in WA

If you can't laugh at yourself, your not much of a person. If you can't have a sense of humor about politics, you need to find another religion. You know where all the best lawyer jokes come from? Lawyers of course. Same thing here. Plus I like his stab at Clinton under sniper fire.

April 17, 2008 01:25 pm at 1:25 pm |