WASHINGTON (CNN) - At Wednesday night’s Radio and Television Correspondents Dinner in Washington, D.C., former Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney gave his “Top 10 Reasons for Dropping Out of the Race":
10. There weren't as many Osmonds as I thought.
9. I got tired of corkscrew landings under sniper fire.
8. As a lifelong hunter, I didn't want to miss the start of the varmint season.
7. There wasn’t room for two Christian leaders.
6. I was upset that no one had bothered to search my passport files.
5. I needed an excuse to get fat, grow a beard and win the Nobel prize.
4. I took a bad fall at a campaign rally and broke my hair.
3. I wanted to finally take off that dark suit and tie, and kick back in a light-colored suit and tie.
2. Once my wife Ann realized I couldn't win, my fundraising dried up.
1. There was a miscalculation in our theory: "As Utah goes, so goes the nation.”
Isnt there a compound in west Texas you need to be getting back to Mitt?
I think it is interesting that Romney was the only former presidential candidate invited to speak – think the establishment and special interests are trying to push him into the VP slot?
Get a life.
You had a better chance Mitt as an Agnostic.
Maybe Obama could create a top ten list after he losses to McCain.
I'm an Obama-man but that was pretty funny!
Loved it.....Number 5 is alive....way to go Mitt.
he's a funny guy!
He'd David Letterman now?
Who is this guy?
The man has a good sense of humor, thats a GOOD thing but anyone supporting Obama has no humor just ,anger,resentment,and hate!
The funnest part is that he is not in the race.
Why do politicians wait till they're not running to be funny?
I wonder in what category he could win the Nobel prize? I.... really can't think of anything.
Haha ... that's awesome. You have to hand it to Mitt - he has a wonderful sense of humour.
Haha, pretty funny. Who'd have thought the mannequin had it in him?
very funny, I think he should have stayed in the race
Funny, Mitt. Nice work. I hear Letterman needs writers. Looking for a gig?
Nice sense of humor. Very funny.
Mitt will rise from the grave and stomp down the liberals like Godzilla on a meth binge in 2012! Go Mitt!
ROMNEY & McCAIN 08
Mormon trash. I'm glad he dropped out, we don't need something as vile as a Mormon in the White House.
Very rare quality that someone is able to laugh at themselves...
the joke is on you, as a politician!
not even with all your money could you garner enough votes to be taken seriously....you could only wish you would get a Nobel peace prize...(READ: it can't be bought)
If I weren't so bitter, I'd laugh. Wait, I don't live in small town America. So I do and can laugh.
Mitt's sense of humor is pleasantly surprising.