April 17th, 2008

Romney: I could have won, with a few more Osmonds

CNN

Watch Mitt Romney tell the top ten reason’s he dropped out of the race.

WASHINGTON (CNN) - At Wednesday night’s Radio and Television Correspondents Dinner in Washington, D.C., former Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney gave his “Top 10 Reasons for Dropping Out of the Race":

10. There weren't as many Osmonds as I thought.
9. I got tired of corkscrew landings under sniper fire.
8. As a lifelong hunter, I didn't want to miss the start of the varmint season.
7. There wasn’t room for two Christian leaders.
6. I was upset that no one had bothered to search my passport files.
5. I needed an excuse to get fat, grow a beard and win the Nobel prize.
4. I took a bad fall at a campaign rally and broke my hair.
3. I wanted to finally take off that dark suit and tie, and kick back in a light-colored suit and tie.
2. Once my wife Ann realized I couldn't win, my fundraising dried up.
1. There was a miscalculation in our theory: "As Utah goes, so goes the nation.”

Filed under: Mitt Romney
  1. matt

Too bad he didn't win, I think he is the only one qualified to fix the economy.

April 17, 2008 11:03 am at 11:03 am |
  2. Mike - Texas

It is great when you can laugh at yourself.

I just wish that more people understood the true potential that ths man has. It is a shame that people were biased about his religion.

And all we are left with are 3 "bottom of the barrel" candidates.

April 17, 2008 11:03 am at 11:03 am |
  3. Clinton or McCain for me -- no Obama.

That is the funniest thing I've ever read. Very clever.

April 17, 2008 11:03 am at 11:03 am |
  4. Nicolas-Karl from Québec , Canada

Would you lighten up ! I tought that was pretty funny actually . Isn't there anybody in the U.S. that doesn't take offence in comedy? This election is so partisan that it's like watching Yankees and Sox fans battle it out in the crowd. Isn't there any place for context , logic , rationale or reflexion in the political scene ? People say that politicians are screwed up , but they represent people that are just as well

April 17, 2008 11:04 am at 11:04 am |
  5. Karen

Funny! It is nice to know there are politicians that can laugh at themselves!

April 17, 2008 11:04 am at 11:04 am |
  6. T

yeah sure, he has $300 million in the bank
    and he wants to destroy social security.
    thanks

April 17, 2008 11:04 am at 11:04 am |
  7. Cammi317

Now that's comedy!

April 17, 2008 11:05 am at 11:05 am |
  8. Mickey

Very funny! What a guy to be able to laugh at himself!

April 17, 2008 11:05 am at 11:05 am |
  9. Heart

Romney, the future is still in your hands. I will be watching and ready to support.

April 17, 2008 11:05 am at 11:05 am |
  10. Doug Anderson

Funny.. but true.
    Favored Mitt over John "The Flip Flop" McCain, who is now trying to act like a conservative which he is not..

April 17, 2008 11:06 am at 11:06 am |
  11. Tony

Like him or not, that is pretty funny stuff.

April 17, 2008 11:06 am at 11:06 am |
  12. karen from va

I really liked the one about his hair. Always great to see someone who can take himself lightly. Goodness knows we need it.

April 17, 2008 11:06 am at 11:06 am |
  13. Tony

BTW: "Mormon Trash?" Look in the mirror if you want to see trash.

April 17, 2008 11:07 am at 11:07 am |
  14. Michael Lorton, Virginia

Good humor is one of the best articles of dress one can wear in society...........I think it was his way of laughing at what he didn't get when he thought he sould have had it.........the Republican nonminee..

April 17, 2008 11:07 am at 11:07 am |
  15. Former Mitt Romney Supporter

I am a former mitt romney supporter, but now i will be voting for Sen. Obama in the general election.

April 17, 2008 11:08 am at 11:08 am |
  16. Anonymous

Sharon,

Honestly, what does Texas have to do with Mitt at all????

It is ridiculous that people are too ignorant to check a few basic facts. Your comment regarding the "official" stance of the church and the "prophet" reflect poorly on your ability or willingness to research anything subjectively.

Polygamy has not been practiced by the LDS church for over 100 years. Your equating the actions of a brake off group of the LDS church to the LDS church is like equating the actions of any Protestant church to the Catholic church... they are clearly different churches and it is a pretty silly notion to equate them.

April 17, 2008 11:08 am at 11:08 am |
  17. Mark Ramsey MD

We all need to be able to laugh at ourselves. Good for you Mitt.
    GO HILLARY '08!!!!

April 17, 2008 11:09 am at 11:09 am |
  18. Edana Popp

that's funny. maybe he can give McCain lessons.

April 17, 2008 11:09 am at 11:09 am |
  19. Venus

Way to go Mitt! Keep laughing and enjoying life!
    Go Obama!

April 17, 2008 11:10 am at 11:10 am |
  20. Wisconsin

Maybe Obama will have a top ten list of all the resons he beat McCain in Nov.

Go Obama

April 17, 2008 11:10 am at 11:10 am |
  21. Photon Torpedo Dallas, TX

Pretty good Mitt.

Yes We Can & Yes We Should
    Obama 08'

April 17, 2008 11:11 am at 11:11 am |
  22. Wisconsin

Maybe Obama will have a top ten list of all the reasons he beat McCain in Nov.

Go Obama

April 17, 2008 11:11 am at 11:11 am |
  23. Red October

funny, he hit the bullseye with number 4 :D

April 17, 2008 11:11 am at 11:11 am |
  24. Ian

Number 11 – Because I'm a crazy mormon

April 17, 2008 11:12 am at 11:12 am |
  25. ABC is a joke

Leave the jokes to comedians

April 17, 2008 11:12 am at 11:12 am |