WASHINGTON (CNN) - At Wednesday night’s Radio and Television Correspondents Dinner in Washington, D.C., former Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney gave his “Top 10 Reasons for Dropping Out of the Race":
10. There weren't as many Osmonds as I thought.
9. I got tired of corkscrew landings under sniper fire.
8. As a lifelong hunter, I didn't want to miss the start of the varmint season.
7. There wasn’t room for two Christian leaders.
6. I was upset that no one had bothered to search my passport files.
5. I needed an excuse to get fat, grow a beard and win the Nobel prize.
4. I took a bad fall at a campaign rally and broke my hair.
3. I wanted to finally take off that dark suit and tie, and kick back in a light-colored suit and tie.
2. Once my wife Ann realized I couldn't win, my fundraising dried up.
1. There was a miscalculation in our theory: "As Utah goes, so goes the nation.”
I wouldn't vote for that guy in a million years (about as long as McCain thinks we should stay in Iraq).
But I have to say, that was a pretty funny Top 10 list.
I appreciate some good humor in this whole election. It sure hasn't been light hearted in the Dem quarter, did you catch the last debate? That was terrible, but this was funny. Go Mitt!
Hardee har har...
I thought it was pretty funny. By the way cheryl, thanks! Go OBAMA
SOME of them were funny, most were not.....but back on track
Self-deprecating humor is the mark of a self-confident, mature man. Good for you, Mr. Romney!
Not a Mitt Romney fan, but that was funny enough to be a David Lettermen Top 10 list
Nice to see some people can still have a sense of humor. We could all learn from that.
ok that wasn't funny AT ALL
That was pretty funny. Lighten up people! You haters are nuts, I bet you are miserable and sad all the time.
While I didn't care for Romney, I laughed at this list. Thanks Obama for making everyone so bitter there is no room left for humor in this world.
As usual, you miss the point. Those were not the real reasons you lost.
Hilarious stuff. Gotta love a guy who can joke about himself.
I like Romney and think that he would compliment McCain.
I think that's very funny!!! Good sense of humor Mitt!
How about the general populace trusts mormons about as much as muslims.
Wow, this is pretty funny. :)
Face it Mitt--- You "got your message " across, trouble was they ( the average voter) understood and didn`t like it.
Lighten up Democrats, Romney has a good sense of humor.
Who cares unless he is John McCain's running mate.
Love the Osmond crack! Lifelong Democrat here, but I can appreciate anyone who can laugh at themselves...
Here's to Mitt being a good public servant once again...
I am very BITTER about the fact that Hillary had 8 years
in the PRIME of her life .. to effectuate
health care reform and
she DID NOT SUCEED then
I will NOT give the job to her again NOW!
A good politician can take a joke or two even if it's on him.
The DNC might be facing the same thing they did in 1984 if they do not choose the candidate the people choose.
No appologies here. Re-read my statement and THINK!