April 18th, 2008

Obama: Clinton's the one complaining

Obama says Clinton’s criticism is off-base.
Obama says Clinton’s criticism is off-base.

WILLIAMSPORT, Pennsylvania (CNN) - Defending himself against criticism from Hillary Clinton that he's been "complaining about the hard questions he was asked" during Wednesday's debate, Barack Obama said Friday he's not the one who's been griping.

Upon exiting his plane on the tarmac in Williamsport, Pennsylvania, the Illinois senator was asked by a reporter at he thought of Clinton's comments.

"Did you hear me complain?" he responded, adding: "You tell me who's been complaining about the press over the last six months."

Clinton told an interviewer Friday morning that Obama "spent all day (Thursday)" complaining over tough debate queries. "Being asked tough questions in a debate is nothing like the pressures you face inside the White House," she said.

At a previous debate in Ohio, Clinton had criticized the moderators for always asking her the first question and for appearing to favor Obama.

"Maybe we should ask Barack if he's comfortable and needs another pillow," she added then.

1. jl

CLINTON IS DELUSIONAL!!

Obama has proven throughout this campaign that he is strong enough to take the Clinton Machine and all of the racist remarks of her surrogates.

She said he was not vetted. But now we have her to thank for making sure that is no longer the case.

Unlike now, in the general election, OBAMA will fight the enemy or should I say old PARTISAN politics. And if that is how John McCain wants to play, Obama will play and win.

But I hope and pray it will not come to that. I desire to see a clean campiagn about issues and what we need to bring the world to respect our country again.

WAKE UP DEMOCRATS! LET'S JOIN TOGETHER AND UNITE BEHIND OBAMA!

WAKE UP INDEPENDENTS! LET'S JOIN TOGETHER AND UNITE BEHIND OBAMA!

WAKE UP REPUBLICANS! LET'S JOIN TOGETHER AND UNITE BEHIND OBAMA!

******WAKE UP SUPERDELEGATES and remind Senator Clinton how much her professor like policies are needed in the Senate-where she is set to return.******

April 18, 2008 05:28 pm at 5:28 pm |
  2. Vick

Oh common folks....compalining = Hillary, Hillary = Compalining..what else !

April 18, 2008 05:29 pm at 5:29 pm |
  3. Jordan

He's right!

April 18, 2008 05:29 pm at 5:29 pm |
  4. Bad Judgement Obama

YOU CAN'T WIN!!!!

How DARE you flip off Hillary – you arrogant, lying, hypocrite!

Just because all the crap in your closet is finally coming out, doesn't mean you can blame Hillary!

You'll tear this pary apart – any laugh all the way to the bank!

Hillary or McCain 08! Never Obama!

April 18, 2008 05:29 pm at 5:29 pm |
  5. Independent, Butler PA

Take your beating like a man Obama !!!

She took you to school son...

I love to watch debates and analyze them and this is the first time all year you have been treated as the frontrunner and given the harder questions and you stunk.

Why are you blaming the media? You really stunk!

She beat you on the issues I care about too!

I am starting to think that they are right about you that you are not ready to play in the big leagues.

I think it was a good decision for you not to debate anymore especially after that last debate. You cant afford to lose like that again.

April 18, 2008 05:29 pm at 5:29 pm |
  6. An Agnostic Democrat

Hillary complained about getting the first question.

Bill and Hillary complained because the boys we were being mean to the girl.

Chelsea complained because women weren't supporting her mom.

Bill complained about mistreatment in the press about the truth-telling version of the embellished lies regarding Bosnia (and Ireland).

Hillary complained because Mr. Obama's advisor allegedly talked to Canada about NAFTA only to find out it was really her campaign who gave them the wink-wink.

Hillary, Bill and any other member of her sleazy campaign complained and whined about caucus states, states she didn't win, etc.

Her campaign and all the slimey surrogates complained when Chelsea got hard questions (off script) but yet isn't available to the press even though she's a responsible, 28 year old adult.

Bill complained (lied) that Bill Richardson promised to endorse Hillary.

Sorry too many to list, not enough energy or time ...

April 18, 2008 05:30 pm at 5:30 pm |
  7. Adam Smith TX, USA

After complaining ALL DAY yesterday Obama now claims Hillary is complaining. One has to look at the news stories from the last 24 hour cycle to find out WHO is complaining about PA debate questions!!!

April 18, 2008 05:31 pm at 5:31 pm |
  8. LifeLongDemocrat

I have one question: what are you going to do to convince me to vote for you IF you are the nominee? Right now I will write in Hillary before I would vote for you.

Hillary backer 2008/2012..................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

April 18, 2008 05:31 pm at 5:31 pm |
  9. Anonymous

that's telling it like it is. Clinton has long been complaining that she hasn't been treated fairly. And it is so typical of her to twist it around. Is that the type of person we want as president? We already have that type in the white house. come on people, get with it already.

April 18, 2008 05:31 pm at 5:31 pm |
  10. Peter

Did I hear you complain? Yes, Barry, I did. Any other questions or are you just going to brush me off like the fraud you are?

April 18, 2008 05:32 pm at 5:32 pm |
  11. Tom from NC

April 18, 2008 05:32 pm at 5:32 pm |
  12. Dem Nuts

Here we go – more in fighting by DEM NUTS!

I'm going to get some popcorn for this one – It ought to be a knock out "word fest".

Stay tuned!

Let's read the bitterness that no one can talk about – BECAUSE, "no one is really bitter" in the Dem Nut society of America. Or are they?

It's a mystery????

April 18, 2008 05:32 pm at 5:32 pm |
  13. Jack Mpls

Your slipping and the debate proves you slip and stammer and you are losing that luster. Don't quit your day job.

April 18, 2008 05:32 pm at 5:32 pm |
  14. Sharon

I can't remember which debate it was (Texas I think) but I remember explicitly hearing HRC whining about always having to answer questions first. When I listen to HRC talked she appears to space out and just ramble on.

April 18, 2008 05:32 pm at 5:32 pm |
  15. Peter

True she is the one that has complained the most. I also think Obama is right to adress that the debate had to litlle focus on real issues.

April 18, 2008 05:33 pm at 5:33 pm |
  16. Arkansas Undertaker

According to Bill Clinton, "Hillary's is not the one whinning." Thats another misstatment of the Clinton's part. Hillary has been complaining more that anyone about the media and the debates.

I am so disappointed in the Clintons. They are not showing the spirit of a true fighter, just that of a sore looser.

OBAMA 08
    YES WE CAN!!!

April 18, 2008 05:33 pm at 5:33 pm |
  17. Harvard Alumni for Obama

Hahahaha! That was exactly what I was thinking!

Man, you guys really have a short memory!

Waaa, waa, I'm getting the first question...

Waaa, waa, the media likes Obama more than me... did you see the SNL skit?

Waaa, waa, they want me out of the race...

Waaa, waa, they're picking on me because I'm a girl

Waaa, waa...

Get lost Hillary! We don't want you answering the phone at 3AM, you know since you get tired at 11!

Buy bye Hillary!

Obama '08
    YES WE CAN!

April 18, 2008 05:34 pm at 5:34 pm |
  18. Lynn

Yes, it has been Clinton all along that was complaining about those tough questions, being picked on by the boys. Obama always says that it is the reality of politics but he wants to change it. The news media have very short memories. They could bring out tons of tape on Clinton but they don't. She has complained forever about it. Obama always says that it is just politics as usual and he expects it, but wants to change it. Clinton should get caught on this, but the media is so bad. They forget or something what happened a week ago, let alone a month ago.

April 18, 2008 05:34 pm at 5:34 pm |
  19. dave

Funny Stuff. And yet nother example of a Hillary saying anything to get elected. She has changed her story on so many different issues now. How can anyone know what she really thinks about anything?

Obama needs to avoid getting sucked into their game though. I don't like to see him attacking in the same way. It undermines the message we all support.

OBAMA '08

April 18, 2008 05:34 pm at 5:34 pm |
  20. ABG

You are right Barach. We did not hear you complaining the last six months. Why would we?
    As soon as you started getting questioned on your words and actions, that's when we heard you whine and complain.
    Do you really think all of us do not understand that your behavior is creating the "distraction".
    Time for voters to wake up and start looking at character here.
    The media's "kid gloves" are off Barach!

April 18, 2008 05:34 pm at 5:34 pm |
  21. Ovitshio Branco from Scranton (PA)

ABC wanted to throw dirt all night but only at one person
    Let's see the HRC dirt fly:
    Caucus states don't matter.
    MI and FL don't count till she needs them.
    Sniper fire
    NAFTA
    Judas
    Elitist, that is my favorite btw
    Columbia Bill
    Columbia Mark Penn
    5 Million Dollars short
    Can't pay her campaign bills, (but can run a country?)
    Sinks, toilets, whatever! The very fact that you think the American people are too dumb to see through you makes you unelectable HRC.
    You and your husband consistantly say people don't matter, first caucus people, then young people, then two states full of people (of course you changed your mind on that didn't ya, I was here in Iowa when you said it BTW) Little states dont' matter. Then you tie/loose in Texas and of course super delegates don't matter, just electoral college.
    I am sick of people not mattering Hillary!!

April 18, 2008 05:35 pm at 5:35 pm |
  22. spyturtle

I am donating to Obama today.

April 18, 2008 05:35 pm at 5:35 pm |
  23. DShawn233

"You know, it's interesting to me how I always get the first question during a debate." "If you saw Saturday Night Live, maybe we should ask Barack if he needs a pillow."

Signed
    Senator Hillary S. Clinton

April 18, 2008 05:35 pm at 5:35 pm |
  24. Ovitshio Branco from Scranton (PA)

It's no suprise that George Stephanopoulos, a former Clinton advisor would indulge in what I consider a disgrace to political journalism.
    I will NEVER watch ANY of his HANNITY & COLMES garbage EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The two of them had literally insulted the intelligence of fellow Americans by wasting 45 minutes on tabloid crap which was more like a policital interrogation and less like a political debate.
    I was a Hillary supporter and do not appreciate how those questions didn't focus on the REAL, SUBSTANTIVE issues facing our country and instead revolved around FLAG PINS, GAFFES, AND UTTER FOOLISHNESS ABOUT BOSNIA AND BITTERNESS. Well now I see I why Obama said that Pennsylvanian's in small towns are bitter, and this is one of the reasons why.
    Thanks to the Clinton's and their pal, Mr. Stephanopoulos and FOX for engaging in slime, gutter politics. So like Obama says, this is why we need a change in Washington. He's got my vote.

April 18, 2008 05:36 pm at 5:36 pm |
  25. Monica Beaton

Senator Clinton is so pathetic and desperate, now she has to complain about Obama's complaints? Please, lets get real !!! Enough of the she said, he said, lets do some real business and soon before we go deeper in the hole!!!
    Monica, Ocala,FL.