April 18th, 2008

Obama: Clinton's the one complaining

Obama says Clinton’s criticism is off-base.
Obama says Clinton’s criticism is off-base.

WILLIAMSPORT, Pennsylvania (CNN) - Defending himself against criticism from Hillary Clinton that he's been "complaining about the hard questions he was asked" during Wednesday's debate, Barack Obama said Friday he's not the one who's been griping.

Upon exiting his plane on the tarmac in Williamsport, Pennsylvania, the Illinois senator was asked by a reporter at he thought of Clinton's comments.

"Did you hear me complain?" he responded, adding: "You tell me who's been complaining about the press over the last six months."

Clinton told an interviewer Friday morning that Obama "spent all day (Thursday)" complaining over tough debate queries. "Being asked tough questions in a debate is nothing like the pressures you face inside the White House," she said.

At a previous debate in Ohio, Clinton had criticized the moderators for always asking her the first question and for appearing to favor Obama.

"Maybe we should ask Barack if he's comfortable and needs another pillow," she added then.

1. Is he OK

Obama asked "do you hear me complain?" Yeah, you are doing right nownaren't you??????????????????????????????????????????

April 18, 2008 06:16 pm at 6:16 pm |
  2. jerry

editied again shame on you CNN

April 18, 2008 06:16 pm at 6:16 pm |
  3. Charlotte

Kathleen, your bankrupt vocabulary is showing again. Hillary should get out of this rigged primary. She needs to save her war chest and run as an Independent in November. A viable third party candidate, for the first time in my adult life, I could vote for an independent and be very proud to do so.

April 18, 2008 06:16 pm at 6:16 pm |
  4. Michael Minorgan Montreal Quebec Canada

This woman and big Bill are absolutely amazing how they spin things!!!!!!!!!!!!! they talk as if the electorate are complete idiots and cant see all their baloney every day...he never complained he was making light of the situation and ridiculing the debate format a bit (which he had every right to do, it was ludicrous ABC and should be ashamed)..come on Hillary why cant you see what EVERYONE ELSE sees..Its over for you on May 6th..KO!!! Even your old friends cant support you anymore!!!!!!!!!

April 18, 2008 06:17 pm at 6:17 pm |
  5. magda

He is humorless.

April 18, 2008 06:18 pm at 6:18 pm |
  6. Delaware

She wants more debates so she can lies more to us.

April 18, 2008 06:18 pm at 6:18 pm |
  7. obamamama

I’ve lost so much respect for BOTH Clintons in the past few months. I’ve heard people talk about the “Clinton Machine” and I always thought it was right-wing propaganda. But the way they try to change the rules and try the ol’ “I’m rubber you’re glue” bit is SO petty. They must count on the 24 hour news cycle. Because one day we need to count every vote and the next “there’s no such thing as a pledged delegate”. I’m glad to see its not working. :)

April 18, 2008 06:18 pm at 6:18 pm |
  8. Tim

Since February, Obama has had 80 Superdelegates come out for him (plus I believe 3 more today) and Clinton has 5. When you are getting the hide kicked out of you, you have to make up whatever garbage you can but it's not working this time. Sorry Hill...the ship is sinking.

This stat was in the NY Times today by the way.

April 18, 2008 06:19 pm at 6:19 pm |
  9. Venus

Hillary doesn't have any one to play with. It's down to Obama and Mc Cain! Hey – by the way- thanks Hillary for the debate the other night!
    I finally read what ABC really stands for: All Bout Clintons! Hillary – have you noticed that Obama has gotten 80-superdelegates to your 5 since Feb/08? If I were you – I would start making those 3:00 AM calls!
    It's great to see a rookie take on you and Bill!

April 18, 2008 06:20 pm at 6:20 pm |
  10. suzy

TO PETER HOUSTON TX....
    I THINK OBAMA ALSO SAID THAT HE HAS ALWAYS SAID THAT ABSOLUTELY HILLARY COULD WIN.....

April 18, 2008 06:20 pm at 6:20 pm |
  11. Former Obama Supporter

When Hillary mentioned that the media was unfair, the Obama camp said that it wasn't true. But when the media is unfair to Obama they go crying and complaining. I am just so tired of Obama. He will never get my vote.
    Hillary or McCain.

April 18, 2008 06:20 pm at 6:20 pm |
  12. Shirley, Silicon Valley, CA

According to Hillary, Hillary spews "millions of words every week" and often times those words are meaningless or make her a pathological liar in the Bosnia sniper fire case when caught on tape!

I am BITTER because Hillary humiliated women who bake cookies while I was baking cookies before I rushed to work at that time! I am BITTER because Hillary disgraces and trashes women by playing dirty,

Go Obama!

April 18, 2008 06:20 pm at 6:20 pm |
  13. Kim

It amazes me that after twenty years of a horrible Clinton/Bush dynasty where these crooks made millions while sending our jobs to China. That anyone would be stupid enough to support 4 to 8 more years of a pseudo democracy under another Clinton. In Obama we have a fresh, untainted dedicated, intelligent alternative. If we blow this election we will have only ourselves to blame for more war and more corruption.

April 18, 2008 06:22 pm at 6:22 pm |
  14. Billary's Out

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaa Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, why do I always get the first question. I know Hillary's not saying anything about complaining.

Obama 08

April 18, 2008 06:23 pm at 6:23 pm |
  15. Eric Tarkington

Truth is, Obama can stand the heat, but Hillary can't stand the light.

April 18, 2008 06:23 pm at 6:23 pm |
  16. Now for Obama

Why isn't the media reporting Hillary telling Bill Clinton "screw em" when addressing some Republican southerners in1995.

Sounds elitist and out of touch with Americans to me

April 18, 2008 06:23 pm at 6:23 pm |
  17. magda

He is humorless.

Probably he'd be happier if asked about his US Senate (and IL senate) voting record.

April 18, 2008 06:24 pm at 6:24 pm |
  18. Charlotte

Poor baby, somebody give him a bottle or at least a pacifier.

April 18, 2008 06:25 pm at 6:25 pm |
  19. B in Fl

This race is nothing but a popularity contest. It's just like "American Idol". The most popular, the cutest or the most likable takes the lead over talent, experience and best person for the position. Our country is doomed because people are latching onto a "fad" candidate in Obama. Give me substance, give me dependability, give me a woman who loves this country and has sacraficed a great deal in her lifetime to fight for the citizens of this country. The people of this country treat Hillary with as much disdain and ambivilance as they do veterans and law enforcement. This country pays boys millions of dollars to play with a ball but pays their lifeline personnel barely enough to feed themselves. All this blather over the great white/black Obama when he can't even make a decision about lunch much less defending this great country. You better wake up people, nothing last forever and don't think that this country can't be brought to her knees by the carelessness in which we the people treat her.Hillary Clinton is not the most popular or the most liked for a reason. because she's a fighter and she rocks the boat, which is exactly what this country NEEDS right now.

April 18, 2008 06:25 pm at 6:25 pm |
  20. noemi in los angeles

YEAH Obama got the hard questions........ while Hillary got noooo hard questions at all. I never once heard the man complain, Hillary just shut up ... we should have asked you a hard question too... *cough* Bosnia *cough* Colombia *cough* your fraud trial next week!! Don't think we don't know. You can't just simply dismiss things with a laugh on a late night show. You are a liar and you can't hide it.

>>>>>>>>>>>G08bama! <<<<<<<<<<<

April 18, 2008 06:27 pm at 6:27 pm |
  21. Marc

She's not the one who childishly flicked off her opponent in front of a national audience. Really mature. Wake up, folks! Do we really want someone this clueless running America? I'll concede that he "inspires" a lot of you guys, but how is going to bring this "change"? Have you ever asked yourselves what he means by that or how it's going to happen? Have you seen any evidence he can deliver on his promises? Please wake up before America falls even farther behind.

April 18, 2008 06:27 pm at 6:27 pm |
  22. Go Home Obama

I agree! Hillary or MCCain!! Never Obama!! Liar Liar Obama!!!

April 18, 2008 06:27 pm at 6:27 pm |
  23. suzy

HILLARY HAS NEVER COMPLAINED – SHE JUST POINTED OUT THE OBVIOUS MEDIA BIAS......AND REGARDLESS OF IT, SHE IS STILL SUPPORTED BY HALF OF THIS COUNTRY, AND SHE WILL WIN PA, AND SHE WILL WIN INDIANA, NORTH CAROLINA, OREGON, KENTUCKY, WEST VIRGINIA, AND PEURTO RICO!!!!!!!

NOTHING WILL STOP HER AND SUPPORTERS FROM ALL ACROSS THIS COUNTRY WILL NOT LET HER STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!

OBAMA IS A CRY BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

April 18, 2008 06:27 pm at 6:27 pm |
  24. Chris in Va.

Charlotte- "Kathleen, your bankrupt vocabulary is showing again."
    Spoken like a true elitest dear.

April 18, 2008 06:27 pm at 6:27 pm |
  25. Jude

Amazed, is correct. WE know who the real complainer is. We know who the real liar is....I think people who are trying to back hill in here and simply Clitonites...another words...they've been poisened by her lies and misspeaks that they can't think for themselves.

April 18, 2008 06:28 pm at 6:28 pm |