April 19th, 2008

Clinton camp: Obama was a 'hypocrite from day one'

(CNN) – Hillary Clinton’s campaign accused surrogates for Barack Obama of resurrecting her controversial comments over Bosnian sniper fire Saturday.

"One of the inherent duties of the president of the United States is to lay a wreath at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier on Memorial Day,” said Gen. Walter Stewart on an Obama campaign conference call on the issue of Bosnia - remarks circulated by the Clinton campaign Saturday afternoon.

“Now we can assume, and let's keep in mind that Senator Clinton has said she was under sniper fire, or she joked about, which to me was the cruelest part of all this, she joked about it with Jay Leno. … Imagine the lack of moral authority she has now to lay a wreath at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier on Memorial Day.”

Clinton had faced criticism for claiming that her plane landed under sniper fire during a trip to Bosnia she made as First Lady.

The Clinton campaign pointed to Obama’s statement at Wednesday night’s debate that his campaign only commented on the Bosnia incident when asked. "When it comes to negative campaign tactics, Senator Obama has been a hypocrite from day one, decrying attack politics from one side of his mouth while he and his campaign wage a character assassination effort from the other,” said Clinton spokesman Phil Singer. “The juxtaposition of Senator Obama’s comments in the debate and the remarks made on his campaign conference call this afternoon prove the point."

1. Rafi

I always hearing in the last few weeks that Clinton is accusing Obama for being something or acting like something or not qualified... whatever... I just wanna know is this the kind of campaign that we expect from the next president .... What's the problem with u Hillary? be reasonable please . your lies are no more acceptable ... Obama provded that he is a trusted candidate and we all will support him to the end.

April 19, 2008 10:00 pm at 10:00 pm |
  2. Righteous Metal Broad

Wow. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black...

April 19, 2008 10:00 pm at 10:00 pm |
  3. Caroline

The Clinton people are clearly deluded.

April 19, 2008 10:00 pm at 10:00 pm |
  4. lol

he is a hypocrite, and a typical politician. his campaign is really attacking hillary lately, because he knows he is going to lose the PA primary on april 22. hillary will probably take indiana too. he never wins big states, even though he outspends her 5-1.

April 19, 2008 10:01 pm at 10:01 pm |
  5. BObby

ohh! the coming of the end for hillary this movment can not be stopped
    Obama 08. Donate democrats donate obama.com Ive donated two $25 contribution up to know you can also donate at moveon.org . help keep this train moving.

April 19, 2008 10:01 pm at 10:01 pm |
  6. JEM

If all else fails...whine.
    What a bunch of losers.

April 19, 2008 10:01 pm at 10:01 pm |
  7. Larry

It seemes that Obama is like the cheating husband who talkes about other people that have afairs to cover his tracks. He talks about change and being different but he is the biggest liar and game player of them all. Other democrats had a cult like following also, but lost the election to the rebublicans.
    HILLARY 08 if not Mc Cain 08

April 19, 2008 10:01 pm at 10:01 pm |
  8. Bill

Hillary should also remember, that those of us who belong to Move-On.Org. are a good percentage of Democrats, and I don't think she can pull off anything without the support of the left!

April 19, 2008 10:03 pm at 10:03 pm |
  9. B in Fl

I proudly served my country and I'd be proud to serve under Hillary Clinton. She's welcome to place a wreath on any veterans grave as far as I am concerned. Including mine when the day comes. As far as Obama is concerned, I wouldn't spit on him if he was on fire. He's a disgrace to this country and if he and his wife are so ashamed of the flag and the many who have died for it then they are free to travel on a one way ticket to Africa. Why for the life of me that so many american's are worshiping this racist, egotistical elitist is beyond me. After all of these years, and all of our experience and history....people still fail to heed the old addage...if it seems too good to be true then it is. This country was built on cons, I guess it'll be destroyed by one too.

April 19, 2008 10:03 pm at 10:03 pm |
  10. Janice

Seriously,

How can she call anyone a hypocrite? Especially after she admitted to telling a bold face lie. The problem is The Clinton's have an issue with Barack because, he wasn't a powerhouse or household name and has basically beaten her. I know they are thinking< the audacity of this guy to come in... run a better campaign, raise more money, have the lead in the popular vote, win more states..WHEN WE ARE THE CLINTONS.

She's a hypocrite! Explain to me how you can run the Whitehouse and couldn't run your own house as a wife! For pete's sake Bill was impeached for lying to the American public! He screwed around right under your nose! I guess she was too busy, ducking bullets.

I really and truly was on the fence about my vote, but after this media circus, her lies, attacks on non-issues..there's no way I could vote for her. I am a mother of 3 and would clearly remember if I was out with my babies and was under gun fire.

O, and not to mention she basically called Barack a wimp, and we don't want a wimp in the White House. He's a wimp because he won't throw any hard punches back at her? That's what makes him special in my book.. He** it's not working for her! I think it's pretty smart of him to let her sink her own ship..by acting like a bitter old woman, who thinks she's owed the Presidency.

If she's so against the Colombian Trade deal...tell Bill to give back the $800,000 he got from the Colombian Gov't or fire Mark Penn all together! How can your top two supporters/advisers have a differerent stance on trade than you?!

Who's a hypocrite I'd say Hillary Clinton

April 19, 2008 10:05 pm at 10:05 pm |
  11. LaShawn , Pensacola FL

Wow, Hillary calling someone a hypocrite out of one side of her mouth and being one out of the other. Why does she continue to be so negative. Is she competing with Bush to see if she can get her approval rating as low as his? My goodness! Speaking of day one:Her unfavorability rating is 54% on day one. That's before even taking office. At least Bush's is low because of doing a bad job. She has'nt even been hired yet. Not even businesses hire people they don't like in the interveiw, no matter the qualifications.

April 19, 2008 10:06 pm at 10:06 pm |
  12. LOL from Michigan

Hillary is the one who lied multiple times about her Bosnian experience. If she didn't want anyone attacking her for her fibbing, she should have told the truth in the first place.

Its also interesting that before every primary, Hillary's crew spin a new Obama controversy to mislead people. To me, a sign of desperation.

If she wants this to be treated as a non-issue, she has to treat it as a non-issue and not keep it alive in the public's eye or ear. People lost
    faith in her when she got caught not telling the truth, it gives more
    people a new reason reason not to like her.

For all those who support Hillary, its good to be forgiving, but bad to support and promote such poor ethics. But thats just a reflection of society and Hillary is just reflecting the morals of her supporters.

April 19, 2008 10:07 pm at 10:07 pm |
  13. L MIAMI FLORIDA

HONORABLE == HENRY KENNEDY

April 19, 2008 10:07 pm at 10:07 pm |
  14. Rob-BC ,Canada

Boy.Hillary is really pulling out all the stops.She surely does deserve the Republican nod for Vice President.She has been their best advocate with her motto of "win at all costs and say whatever you think they want to hear."
    One other note, what is with Larry King having her on his show the night before an important primary like this.That has a distinct odor of crony ism.Larry being the "Arsenio Hall " of news journalists will certainly make for a fertile field of mis truths and lies for Hillary to frolic in Maybe larry would ask her about her comments about the southern democratic voters that didn't support her husband during his campaign and what her sentiment towards them was after all was said and done.I believe it was "screw them" to quote her accurately.Beware Pennsylvania, she will tell you whatever you want to hear to get what she wants.

April 19, 2008 10:07 pm at 10:07 pm |
  15. ben two

So now the Clinton campaign has a time machine. They can now push "this afternoon" back to before "Wednesday night's debate" and claim a lie...yup, they'll say anything...anything at all.

Maybe they can push us all back to 2007 or better yet 1992.

April 19, 2008 10:07 pm at 10:07 pm |
  16. Jsoh

This is ridiculous.

Can we not act like adults? I mean really... THE AMERICAN PEOPLE DONT CARE ABOUT A PISSING MATCH!!!

Lets get to the meat and potatoes and forget about this party-splitting personal battle. Clinton unleashes the brunt of it, and when it comes to defending himself, Barack has no choice but to fire back in the same fashion. SEMANTICS ISN'T WHAT THIS ELECTION IS ABOUT!!

Ugh!

April 19, 2008 10:07 pm at 10:07 pm |
  17. democrat

If she can't stand the heat she should take her own advice and get out of the kitchen.
    Obama 08

April 19, 2008 10:07 pm at 10:07 pm |
  18. jt

Please stop instigating riots. Nobody wins this way.

April 19, 2008 10:08 pm at 10:08 pm |
  19. Vedant

Clinton or Obama.. USA is doomed...

April 19, 2008 10:08 pm at 10:08 pm |
  20. international observer

the clinton campaign represents hypocracy at its best.who's crying out foul now.even when senator obama acknowledge his misstatements last week,senator clinton continued to beat on the issue hoping that it would get her some political mileage.what goes around come back around.

do unto others as you would have them do unto you.she's been playing dirty from day one..............how does it feel now to be getting the dirt.senator clinton continues to proove that she will do absolutely anything to get the nomination(hillary....YOU LOOOOOOOOSE)

the world is watching and is fed up with the old time policies and politics which has dominated washington.

breath of fresh air

obama 08

April 19, 2008 10:08 pm at 10:08 pm |
  21. Shannel Ryan

I am so tired Hillary. Do something great (not negative) just great or go home.

April 19, 2008 10:08 pm at 10:08 pm |
  22. Tab

No, that would be 100 mil Hill who is a hypocrite. NAFTA, COLOMBIA, BOSNIA, WAR IN IRAQ?????? Say one thing, yet actions speak louder than words.

April 19, 2008 10:09 pm at 10:09 pm |
  23. Justin

It's over Hillary. You can only lie so long before it all comes crashing down.

So go ahead, take the low road, attack him on nothing. And keep lying. I guarantee you won't be getting my vote at the primary.

It's time for a change, not another Clinton.

April 19, 2008 10:09 pm at 10:09 pm |
  24. Jerri Popovich

Although I'm still undecided between Clinton and Obama, I do agree with her criticisim of Barack Obama and his hypocrisy. I watched the beginning of their debate and was refreshed by his candor about stopping the "sniping", or whatever you want to call it. Then in the next breath, out of his campaign comes the bashing. He needs to decide which way he wants to play it.

April 19, 2008 10:09 pm at 10:09 pm |
  25. The Oracle

This broad makes me sick to my stomach. The problem is there are Americans crazy and deranged enough to support her. Ho well, she's going home. Haha, and HA!!!!

April 19, 2008 10:10 pm at 10:10 pm |