April 19th, 2008

Clinton camp: Obama was a 'hypocrite from day one'

(CNN) – Hillary Clinton’s campaign accused surrogates for Barack Obama of resurrecting her controversial comments over Bosnian sniper fire Saturday.

"One of the inherent duties of the president of the United States is to lay a wreath at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier on Memorial Day,” said Gen. Walter Stewart on an Obama campaign conference call on the issue of Bosnia - remarks circulated by the Clinton campaign Saturday afternoon.

“Now we can assume, and let's keep in mind that Senator Clinton has said she was under sniper fire, or she joked about, which to me was the cruelest part of all this, she joked about it with Jay Leno. … Imagine the lack of moral authority she has now to lay a wreath at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier on Memorial Day.”

Clinton had faced criticism for claiming that her plane landed under sniper fire during a trip to Bosnia she made as First Lady.

The Clinton campaign pointed to Obama’s statement at Wednesday night’s debate that his campaign only commented on the Bosnia incident when asked. "When it comes to negative campaign tactics, Senator Obama has been a hypocrite from day one, decrying attack politics from one side of his mouth while he and his campaign wage a character assassination effort from the other,” said Clinton spokesman Phil Singer. “The juxtaposition of Senator Obama’s comments in the debate and the remarks made on his campaign conference call this afternoon prove the point."

1. Chuck in Oregon

You dont want to know the words I use to describe you Sen Clinton.
    You have from the very begining been nothing but a teary eyed, snootie little pain, and Im being nice. Your health care plan from what I have seen of it would take my meger income and force me to make a decision between eating and paying my heating bill. And that is a fact.

April 19, 2008 07:03 pm at 7:03 pm |
  2. Nanc, MN

This is the best laugh I've had in days. Was he made to sit and watch his own debate performance time after time? I knew that hope and change was bull from the beginning and this just proves it.

And cue the fanboyz as they come in like 12 years olds saying, she did it first, she did it first!!

Ya'll deserve exactly what you will get from him.

April 19, 2008 07:03 pm at 7:03 pm |
  3. Mandi Locke from Maine

Ah, Hello? Pot. Kettle. Black.

April 19, 2008 07:04 pm at 7:04 pm |
  4. Mike

The master of strategic transference strikes again! The Hillary monster knows that her biggest negative is her reputation (well deserved) for playing the most despicable of dirty politics. So. As Usual. The responce is to say Obama is the negative one. I am insulted that Hillary thinks we are such stupid little pawns on her power play chess board.

April 19, 2008 07:04 pm at 7:04 pm |
  5. Retired Navy Veteran

This lady lie about it than and she lying about it now, She lied to congress and she lying to the american people. I would have to say that the Clinton made it a matter of policy to lie so why would she stop now.

America don't need to get caught in the lies again.

Vote for Change

American Vets supports OBAMA

April 19, 2008 07:04 pm at 7:04 pm |
  6. Ben

Phil Singer just seems to be making it worse for Hillary...Americans aint stupid..so stop trying to turn around the Bosnia story!!

April 19, 2008 07:04 pm at 7:04 pm |
  7. jim in pennsylvania

Sounds to me like maybe the liar hil.bil might be whinnin.
    I call on Hilary the liar to apoligize to all american veterans and our service men
    i am a pennsylvania voter against the clintons lies
    and i approved this message

April 19, 2008 07:07 pm at 7:07 pm |
  8. Former Clinton Supporter

That's funny. Hillary has proven herself time and time again to be a hypocrite. In fact, it is what has turned me off the most about her. I used to love Hillary Clinton until I recognized her true colors. She is willing to say or do anything for political gain. It's disgusting really.

April 19, 2008 07:07 pm at 7:07 pm |
  9. Grow Up

How many times will the pot call the kettle black? All Clinton does is attack Obama and then whines when his surrogates defend him. If you can't take the heat Clintonians yall need to get your nominee outta the kitchen.

Democrat for real issues will vote for Obama

April 19, 2008 07:07 pm at 7:07 pm |
  10. Doreen Augusta Maine

I abhor Hillary Clinton, however, I believe that General Stewart should not have said what he said. Obama surrogates need to keep their mouths shut.

I stil strongly support Obama, but....

April 19, 2008 07:07 pm at 7:07 pm |
  11. Rich Vera

I would rather be a hypocrite than a liar...Hillary has zero credibility and she like her husband before her are a disgrace to this country.

Obama or Mcsame is my order of precedence but Hillary is not EVER going to get my vote!

April 19, 2008 07:07 pm at 7:07 pm |
  12. Barbara Campbell

More name-calling. Hillary will never "get it".

April 19, 2008 07:07 pm at 7:07 pm |
  13. Children in the sand box.

Looky looky, Obama is the big meany. No not me! Obama did it.

April 19, 2008 07:08 pm at 7:08 pm |
  14. Chuck in Oregon

Being a retired US Army VietNam vet, I agree with what he has said. Your actions on this Bosina thing are deplorable, and unexcusable to say the least. Your actions and subsequent statements, and joking have cost you any chance of my vote. Brave men have died fighting a real war, and you lie about something that would have never happened in an attempt to make yourself look good in the voters eyes. No presiding president or commander would ever allow the sitting first lady and daughter to land in a hot zone and those of us in the military know that, its is about time the rest of America knows it too.

April 19, 2008 07:08 pm at 7:08 pm |
  15. Heidi Wilde

Just keep it up, Hillary et al, you are giving the McCain campaign team their talking points for free! You have long ago lost all my respect. I very much wanted a woman in the White House, but NOT you, Hillary

April 19, 2008 07:08 pm at 7:08 pm |
  16. IF

Difficult to figure out the "lady". I mean, difficult to figure out and try to keep a christian frame of mind. She's the proud deliver of the meanest attacks all th time and then runs whimpering into a corner each time someone ressurects a... misstatement of hers?

She's not a very lovable character. She's not trustworthy and on top of that she's making herself a laughing stock (at least outside the US).

April 19, 2008 07:08 pm at 7:08 pm |
  17. RealinFlorida

Poor Hillary, she just doesn't have it.

April 19, 2008 07:09 pm at 7:09 pm |
  18. Boston for OBAMA

This from the camp of Hillary Rodham Clinton.....THE PROVEN LIAR!!!! I refer you to the book written by Edward Klein. "THE TRUTH ABOUT HILLARY."......WHAT SHE KNEW, WHEN SHE KNEW IT AND HOW FAR SHE WILL GO TO BECOME PRESIDENT.

April 19, 2008 07:09 pm at 7:09 pm |
  19. mp

obama didn't say that...a US general did. I think he has authority to say who should be putting wreaths on one of our most storied National traditions...

April 19, 2008 07:09 pm at 7:09 pm |
  20. Shabab Wahid

monster

hypocrite

elitist

bitter

liar

unelectable

race

gender

inexperience

scandal

Be prepared for President McCain ...

Dems = Self-Destruction

– a disoriented, disillusioned, disturbed Democrat

April 19, 2008 07:10 pm at 7:10 pm |
  21. Anonymous

The Truth will be known!!!! Egg on you're Face. CNN....

April 19, 2008 07:10 pm at 7:10 pm |
  22. David

Plz go away................>>>

April 19, 2008 07:10 pm at 7:10 pm |
  23. Linda

Clinton camp: Obama was a 'hypocrite from day one'

,AMEN, GO HILLARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

April 19, 2008 07:12 pm at 7:12 pm |
  24. Disapointed in PA

That's a little much, she is gross. What a WITCH!!!!

OBAMA FOR HOPE FOR AMERICA

April 19, 2008 07:20 pm at 7:20 pm |
  25. Tricia-NH

Obama claims to be running a positive campaign-but what about his not so subtle "flipping of the bird" when talking about Hillary. Is that not the most negative attack of all? Or is that the futile effort of a man to disrespect a US Senator when he knows as well as anyone that she won the debate hands down? Obama's campaign has been just as negative as EVERYone else's. He is a politician after all. We don't know him, and for that he's gotten off easy with the media. Now that his skeletons are being set free-he can't handle it.

More power to Hillary!