April 21st, 2008

Cindy McCain: John doesn't have a temper

Cindy McCain appeared on The View Monday.
Cindy McCain appeared on The View Monday.

(CNN)— Cindy McCain on Monday beat back accusations her husband is known to have a bad temper, saying it’s often mistaken for his passion for the issues.

“He is passionate about the future of this country,” Mrs. McCain, wife of presumptive Republican Presidential nominee John McCain , said while serving as a co-host on ABC’s “The View.” “Some people mistake that for temper.” Mrs. McCain also insisted the issue is one of the biggest misconceptions people have of her husband.

The Arizona senator defended the claims again Sunday after The Washington Post devoted a portion of its front page to a lengthy investigation into McCain’s past.

Earlier this month McCain told CNN’s Dana Bash voters should expect him to get angry sometimes.

"When I see corruption in Washington, when I see wasting needlessly of their tax dollars, when I see people behaving badly—they expect me to get angry, and I will get angry," he said. "Because I won’t stand for corruption, and I won’t stand for waste of their tax dollars and I will demand that people serve their country first and the special interests second."

Speaking on Monday, Cindy McCain also said while she is reserved about her place in politics, she is excited about having being part of “American history.”

Filed under: John McCcain
  1. IHATEFOXNEWS

I really hate McBush and Hillary Clinton.

April 21, 2008 04:54 pm at 4:54 pm |
  2. GARY

I WONDER IF ALL YOU LEFT WING LOONIES WOULD HAVE SOME KIND OF TEMPER AFTER LOSING 5 YEARS OF YOUR LIFE AS A PRISONER OF WAR, I WILL VOTE FOR MCCAIN ANYDAY RATHER THAN THAT EMPTY SUIT OBAMA AND HIS BUDDY AYRES WHO TRIED TO BLOW UP THE CAPITAL, CALL ME OLD FASHION BUT I WILL VOTE FOR A PATRIOTIC MCCAIN ANYDAY

April 21, 2008 04:55 pm at 4:55 pm |
  3. Smokin' Joe

I'll take Cindy McCain's modest, behind-the-scenes approach to Michelle Obama's imbecility any day of the week.

An ivy-leaguer who mangles the English language, and who doesn't have the smarts to keep her yap shut can only be considered a distraction.

However, if she wishes to appear on stage with Mrs. Heinz-Kerry as much as she can, I'll gladly cheer her on.

Two selfless martyrs.

April 21, 2008 04:55 pm at 4:55 pm |
  4. dEMABRAT

We all know what he called his wife, we know wha he said about Chelsea Clinton. This guy has got a mean streak.

April 21, 2008 04:56 pm at 4:56 pm |
  5. Paris

She will make great First Lady.
    Her tax return is none of our business.
    I admire her courage in dealing with real issues. I admire her courage to go public with her addiction.

I don’t know why some people have to be disrespectful, what does that say about our society?
    What kind teaching do we offer our children that as adults they are often so disrespectful. Why?

April 21, 2008 04:56 pm at 4:56 pm |
  6. Wife beater

What's she gonna say, that he does have a temper? That's an automatic beat down when she gets home.

April 21, 2008 04:57 pm at 4:57 pm |
  7. irish

The people that are bashing McCain as a POW. And calling him a coward for not trying to escape, are ignorant !!. Have you even read the story of John McCain when he was a POW. If not, you might want to get educated. I'm not voting for McCain, but I will not bash his service to this country. You have no idea what this man endured during those years. He almost died several times. I don't care if you like him or not. This was a man that served our country for our freedoms and to call him a coward is just plain ignorant. Go and read up. And get your facts straight.

April 21, 2008 04:57 pm at 4:57 pm |
  8. mitch from ark.

mccain is old enough to be a cranky old man,if he wants to be.

April 21, 2008 04:58 pm at 4:58 pm |
  9. Sue, Pa

Cindy, where's you tax returns. The public would like to know if you and McSane are profiting from this War. Transparency extends to you too.

Vote Obama 08!!!

April 21, 2008 05:00 pm at 5:00 pm |
  10. Indy in Ca

Why do democrats write such rude, sarcastic, and downright mean posts? WOW!

April 21, 2008 05:01 pm at 5:01 pm |
  11. Bubba

Cowards, why did you close comments on that sneak Tony Snowfox? You are circling the drain.

April 21, 2008 05:01 pm at 5:01 pm |
  12. John Adams

The last time we had a guy as old as McCain running the government, he was telling congress she didn't remmeber selling guns to Iran. I already know how that's gonna end. Thanks but no thanks. I'll stick to ..

OBAMA !

April 21, 2008 05:01 pm at 5:01 pm |
  13. Sharon Minnesota

To What About Our Sodiers?

Soldiers aside, you sound like you need a lot of help. Those false accusations are ridiculous.

Our soldiers are precious to ALL OF US. Don't be so disgraceful in your remarks.

April 21, 2008 05:02 pm at 5:02 pm |
  14. Bubba

what's the use? bye now

April 21, 2008 05:02 pm at 5:02 pm |
  15. Peter in CA

It would be interesting to hear form Carol Shepp on the subject. I wonder if she's available for a 'Real Time with Bill Maher' segment

April 21, 2008 05:02 pm at 5:02 pm |
  16. Red

HA HA. With the moolah she has in her hands, he'd be an idiot to ever show her his temper.

April 21, 2008 05:02 pm at 5:02 pm |
  17. Onyeluka

Who expected a different response? No matter how ugly a baby monkey is, its mother adores it!

April 21, 2008 05:03 pm at 5:03 pm |
  18. Walt, Belton,TX

I hope he does have a temper. We don't need to kiss rear ends to make policy and suck up to our enemies to make peace. A bit of a temper lends authority to one's subtle hints of persuasion. Don't need a drunk Hillary or Obama's wife answering the phone, just a solid veteran who knows right from wrong and how to effectively exert and apply power.

April 21, 2008 05:04 pm at 5:04 pm |
  19. sasha kando

Just shows again what BIG LIARS politicians and their spouses are!! McCain has displayed his quick and vicious temper again and again in the presence of his senate colleagues, and has even acknowledgted it. This is all on record and on tape, so no use denying it. Now his wife says that he does not have a temper, regardless of sound evidence? Do we need liars like this in the WH??

April 21, 2008 05:05 pm at 5:05 pm |
  20. Willy

Rather see mcCain in the WH before those 2 liberal democrats socialist.

April 21, 2008 05:08 pm at 5:08 pm |
  21. Steven L.

Old man McSame is an angry old coot...

April 21, 2008 05:10 pm at 5:10 pm |
  22. not surprised

Politics is an evil game. Democrat or Republican. Obama, Clinton, or McCain. It makes people ugly, mean and self serving.

April 21, 2008 05:10 pm at 5:10 pm |
  23. Sally Martinez

McCain gets my vote if Hillary loses the primary.

April 21, 2008 05:10 pm at 5:10 pm |
  24. Primary Colors

I hope Bill and Michelle get to host for a week.

April 21, 2008 05:11 pm at 5:11 pm |
  25. Linda Li

Being a war hero does not exclude McCain from criticisms.

April 21, 2008 05:11 pm at 5:11 pm |