April 21st, 2008

McCain joins in a dance

CNN

Watch John McCain dance with gospel singers on campaign trail.

(CNN)– John McCain was welcomed by a group of gospel singers in Alabama and joined them for a dance.

Filed under: John McCain
  1. Independent, Butler PA

Ha Ha

I actually really like McCain and am considering voting for him despite being a liberal. I think a moderate or indepent is exactly what this nation needs. I am sick of both parties. Hillary is my first choice but if she is not an option I hope Ron Paul or Nader can make a strong run.

April 21, 2008 07:00 pm at 7:00 pm |
  2. carlo

AZM can I ask you a question? If there was footage of Obama at a nursing home doing the two-step with a room full of old white women, would yuo consider it pandering?

April 21, 2008 07:02 pm at 7:02 pm |
  3. April in Texas

Why is an old man dancing news? This is the POLITICAL ticker isnt it? Guess you are seeing how well the old ticker can hold out? I seriously doubt though McCain dancing is going to get any younger voters but hey anything to try and win I guess.

Obama 08

April 21, 2008 07:05 pm at 7:05 pm |
  4. jimmy vekmen

THE SOUTH WILL GO FOR MCCAIN AS IT DID FOR BUSH

April 21, 2008 07:09 pm at 7:09 pm |
  5. J

Can you set up a debate between Pastor Hagee and Catholic scholars about the question of cults ?

John McCain owes this to his supporters.

April 21, 2008 07:09 pm at 7:09 pm |
  6. Erik

That video reminds me of the 1992 Vice-Presidental debate when Admiral James Stockdale gave his infamous "Why am I here?" line. McCain looks uncomfortable.

April 21, 2008 07:10 pm at 7:10 pm |
  7. California Girl

Great moves! You go, McCain.

April 21, 2008 07:11 pm at 7:11 pm |
  8. AZM

Carlo... Drew FL...

Good points... fair enough!
    It's just on most of these threads it's so venomous!!! Especially the Hillary Obama ones...

And you're right... it is pandering... (Still funny)

April 21, 2008 07:12 pm at 7:12 pm |
  9. Pa voter

I just want to voice my annoyance of being called an obamabot. It signifies I don't understand all of his policies or am less edjucated in some way. This is just not the case whatsoever. If anything, I have looked over every candidate more so than almost everyone I know. Who cares if McCain tries to dance, as long as he doesn't have a heart attack from all the excitement.

April 21, 2008 07:12 pm at 7:12 pm |
  10. Dr Joe Mwangi Symmon

Iurgently wish to write Zain Verjee for our Kenyan orphanage story. What is her email address?

April 21, 2008 07:14 pm at 7:14 pm |
  11. Kevin in Hanover, PA

Tomorrow I will cast my primary vote for Senator Clinton. You Obama supporters have really made my decision easy, you appear to be very shallow. All I read is "McCain's old" or "Hillary is a bully" and other such rot. I admire Senator Clinton for staying in the race despite momentum against her, it shows me that she'll stand up to any task to any problem. Maybe Senator McCain is over 70 years old, but both DD Eisenhower and Ronald Reagan we in their "golden years", but both did this country a great service.

Maybe I might have voted different if you would have presented a more issue oriented arguement – you are proving your critics right, that all you know are bumper sticker slogans.

April 21, 2008 07:14 pm at 7:14 pm |
  12. Get Real

Those ladies could really sing...love the song! McCain looked a little nervous...LOL...it is a great video!

April 21, 2008 07:18 pm at 7:18 pm |
  13. Dionne...a 23 year old

LOL...he tried his best to keep the beat...he did not succeed!

April 21, 2008 07:21 pm at 7:21 pm |
  14. Darth Pope

Not bad for an old fart with one foot in the grave!

April 21, 2008 07:27 pm at 7:27 pm |
  15. Sharon Minnesota

McCain has more guts than any Obama supporters. He's the first Republican ever to go to this particular place in history and face the people his party has so neglected.

It's too bad they didn't have the courage to show up to listen to what he had to say. I guess they've been brainwashed by a smooth talking guy who is going to disapoint them in the end.

April 21, 2008 07:31 pm at 7:31 pm |
  16. bernice

What an idiot.

April 21, 2008 07:31 pm at 7:31 pm |
  17. tell the truth

So what. I care about issues, gas prices, my paycheck, not this stuff. I will be voting for Obama.

April 21, 2008 07:33 pm at 7:33 pm |
  18. Necie in OKC

Gotta give it to the old fart....he's desperatley tryin. Its a shame though since the only time you "regret" not making MLK a National Holiday is now....that he is running for Pres.

Obama '08

April 21, 2008 07:33 pm at 7:33 pm |
  19. Stacey

Haha! Dance John McCain't. Dance!

April 21, 2008 07:34 pm at 7:34 pm |
  20. Roy

LMAO, this is too funny!!!

April 21, 2008 07:34 pm at 7:34 pm |
  21. Sean in N.C.

This video is hilarious! Notice how McCain stuggles to find the rhythm and clap along, ...he hangs on for about two claps, ...then he just gives up.

This is about the funniest thing I have seen in a while.

April 21, 2008 07:37 pm at 7:37 pm |
  22. John Smith

When I hear people say, "we need Hillary to turn this economy around," my stomach grinds! Do these people think that "all the conditions" that were present during the Clinton years (including getting Gore back as VP, and a Repulican House/Senate) will be back if Hillary were to be president? This is so sad!! Bill has helped ship all the jobs of the 90's overseas; no Clinton will ever bring back those jobs. The Clintons had this planned all along; now they are making the benefits from those past deals that they made ($109 million came from where?). The Clintons will only make more deals, if anyone ever gets them back to that White House. How stupid can some people be amazes me everyday!!

April 21, 2008 07:38 pm at 7:38 pm |
  23. peter in PA

People who votes for McCain hear this….A vote for McCain is a vote for Cindy McCain. He is too old to handle the day to day activities of the president. Cindy will have hands on everything and will literally control McCain's agenda. She will make Nancy Regan look like choir girl. Do you want to vote for Cindy? Think!

April 21, 2008 07:41 pm at 7:41 pm |
  24. strong

Wow ! John is so cool, so hip, so hot !!

.... not !

April 21, 2008 07:45 pm at 7:45 pm |
  25. Newman

McCain is taking a dance step in the right direction. Better to immerse yourself and try to drum up some votes than ignore demographics completely as so many Republicans do.

April 21, 2008 07:47 pm at 7:47 pm |