April 22nd, 2008

Analysis: Battle scars coming out of Pennsylvania

CNN

Watch the Best Political Team in News on what may be next for Democrats.

(CNN) – Watch CNN’s political team – the Best Political Team on TV and Online – as they discuss the possible fallout for Democrats from the hotly-contested Pennsylvania primary. Polling suggests that the loyalties of the supporters of Sens. Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama have only hardened after a six-week campaign in Pennsylvania that became progressively more negative as Tuesday night’s vote approached.

Watch Campbell Brown, John King, David Gergen, Roland Martin, and Gloria Borger weigh in on what it all may mean for the Democratic Party as they prepare to face Sen. John McCain, the Republican Party’s presumptive presidential nominee.

Filed under: Pennsylvania
  1. mjaber

Hillary is still far behind. The smartest choice for Hillary is to drop out

April 22, 2008 11:58 pm at 11:58 pm |
  2. NObama

OBAMA'S NEGATIVE ATTACKS

AND HIS FALSE TAG LINE OF "hope & change" IS ENOUGH TO SCAR ANYONE!

THAT'S WHAT HIS SUPPORTERS GET FOR BUYING INTO THIS BUSH-STYLE APPROACH OF NEWNESS....

TONY REZKO, REVERAND WRIGHT, BITTER-GATE, ETC ETC...

DO YOU STILL "BELIEVE" NOW ???

INDIANA
    HILLARY

April 22, 2008 11:59 pm at 11:59 pm |
  3. Bill W - PA

This is what happens when you give these people a whole month off with nothing to do. Too much time, why did we have to have a whole month off with nothing to do but wait around to vote? You had to know there was going to be trouble.

April 23, 2008 12:04 am at 12:04 am |
  4. After further review,Texas

A bunch of bobble-headed blowhards that havent worked a day in their life will tell us all what to think and do next.

April 23, 2008 12:07 am at 12:07 am |
  5. Xanadude of Velen

I'm a 44 year old and gay and I happen to also be a white male. I am ultra liberal and have never voted for a republican. But I WILL NOT vote for Obama under any circumstances. He is an insutling, bigoted empty suit. If he is nominated for Dukakis II I will vote for McCain.

April 23, 2008 12:17 am at 12:17 am |
  6. Michael

Scars? That's kind of heavily put.

Heavy on the animosity? Sure.

Angry by another bigoted racist and sexist Clinton win? Defenately.

Pissed off that Hillary..although being the wrong woman for the job...continues to get support? Bet on that.

Obama 2008

NEVER for Hillary Clinton

April 23, 2008 12:17 am at 12:17 am |
  7. Daniel, Loganville Ga

Congrats Sen. Clinton, Operation Chaos was a success I guess...PA got it wrong tonight...We need a change in this country from the old politics. THis country is in trouble and we are playing games. Wake up America before it's too late.

OBAMA '08

April 23, 2008 12:20 am at 12:20 am |
  8. Ms H.

We need more than two parties. We need a true democracy like Switzerland....not this jumbled two-party back-and-forth that gets us nowhere as a country.

April 23, 2008 12:23 am at 12:23 am |
  9. Debby

They look like they are having a pity party because Clinton won. haha

April 23, 2008 12:25 am at 12:25 am |
  10. eyeingtenure

And the fight goes on. I wish the Democrats were better organized. You know, like the Republicans.

April 23, 2008 12:28 am at 12:28 am |
  11. joyce

she has really helped mcsain but then she was and is a republican
    and i may add a terrible person

April 23, 2008 01:09 am at 1:09 am |
  12. Prado

CNN should consider hiring Maureen Dowd, so the anti -Hillary diatribe can continue.

April 23, 2008 01:15 am at 1:15 am |
  13. AB

More like the Obama campaign team. Shame on CNN!

April 23, 2008 01:19 am at 1:19 am |
  14. Mary

Sen Hillary Clinton connecting Farrukhan and Obama that shocked Lost all rthe respect I had for her > I plan to vote for John Maccain if she is the nominee

April 23, 2008 01:26 am at 1:26 am |
  15. Lucas Hart

You all look very happy, wise and fair with Hillary's victory!...NOTtttt...

April 23, 2008 01:44 am at 1:44 am |
  16. Annette of Aurora Colorado

His mother would be proud. Obama always takes the high road while Hillary and Bill wallow in mud. Obama has brought record numbers of Democrats to the polls with a surplus of money-that is leadership. Is Hillary more electable? All I can say is while she continues to spew her ficticious accusations at Obama, the Republicans got some hot-mess waiting for her. What is really disturbing is the so called objective media is following her lead and allowing themselves to be played by Hillary and Bill. Her bundeling of Rev Wright, Bill Ayers, Jessie Jackson, Osama, and so on is petty compared to what is coming her way. Democrats had better wake up and seek the true Hillary and Bill before we lose this country to the Republicans. With all the baggage the Clintons have, which the Super Delegates should certainly know about, the Republicans will annihilate her. We got Bush-wacked for eight years, and I would have thought that we learned our lesson. Just visit You Tube for starters or Google Hillary scandals and sit back for a stunning ride. Then see who is the most "electable".

April 23, 2008 01:50 am at 1:50 am |
  17. bond

Are you Billary supporters just plain mental midgets? This race has been effectively over since super tuesday and that's a fact! Billary won PA… netting a handful of more delegates, which Obama will obviously win back in NC. Do you morons not realize his plan was to drain her campaign financially in PA, by purposely outspending her (which he can afford), causing her to spend as well. Unless she loans herself more money, her bankroll is spent and will have nada for NC & IN (and beyond if she's selfish enough to continue on). The superdelegates will not overturn the popular vote, the elected delegates, and the states Obama has won. As every exit poll in virtually every contest has shown, educated voters support Obama. Maybe this is why Billary supporters (and their candidate) can't do the math that clearly shows her demise long ago. Get a clue!

April 23, 2008 01:56 am at 1:56 am |
  18. DB, San Francisco

One question: Why the "concern" that Obama can't win white, blue-collar, suburbanites and no equal concern that Clinton is even worse at attracting black, urban dwellers? I do agree with the panel that both sides' cores are hardening... big time. That can't be a good thing when you factor in that the harder the cores get, the tougher it will be to soften them to ultimate candidate, whoever that will be. Factor in that this thing will go all the way to Denver which gives less time to mend fences, and you may have a serious problem on your hands.

April 23, 2008 01:59 am at 1:59 am |
  19. F Hitlery

This is the beginning of the end for Obama. Hillary will become the nominee and the next president. It is inevitable by the will of GOD himself. She is GOD's chosen one and will fulfill her destiny.

April 23, 2008 02:11 am at 2:11 am |
  20. Raphael Houston Tx

I respect every panelist views except for Roland Martin. He is the most radical Obama supporter I have seen yet. He has actually defending Jerimiah Wrights comments on America and race
    Well shame on you Roland Martin, myself and the rest of America is enjoying the thumping your buddy Obama took tonight.

Go Hillary

April 23, 2008 02:22 am at 2:22 am |
  21. James

I refuse to listen to or read anything by that Roland Martin anymore. He is a terrible spin doctor and only serves to make his desparate need for Obama to win look pathetic. He trys to be 'intelligent' and comes across as a fool.

April 23, 2008 02:27 am at 2:27 am |
  22. Mike

Why did Senator Clinton win?

Senator Clinton won because she is qualified, experienced and simply the best candidate to be Commander in Chief.

So many negative things have been said about Senator Clinton; I personally like as well as respect her.

Go Hillary!!!!!

April 23, 2008 02:33 am at 2:33 am |
  23. richard

Why are your pundits full fledged Obama backers. How bout some equal play. The gig is up. You journalistc integrity is in question.

April 23, 2008 02:45 am at 2:45 am |
  24. TJ Williams

Dear Michelle Obama, Of the many changes that you and Barack bring to the White House, one that I am quite proud of is that you and Barack are the only spouses each of you have had. I appreciate that Barack can say that, "if I'm elected, you won't have to worry about finding my name on some prostitute's mailing list, cause I love my wife. You won't have to worry that any Shenanigans are going on in the White House WITH ANY INTERNS, cause, I love my wife. For too long and too often, the American people have had to endure infidelity by elected officials. Read my lips, I love my wife and my beautiful daughters and I promise you that as your President I will not pollute the White House with the infidelities that have haunted our politics for too long!Think about how much your lovely marriage and fidelity mean to the American people! Only becuase of your strong and true love for each other are you able to confidently make such a statement. Well, if others can't stand the heat, then get out of the kitchen....as they say. Let’s talk about real American values! Let’s see which of the candidates can stay in that kitchen!!! GO OBAMA, YES WE CAN! 08

April 23, 2008 02:49 am at 2:49 am |
  25. Michelle

You're the only media outlet I can stomach watching. Thank you for showing some guts and responding to viewer input.

Obama 2008