April 22nd, 2008

Clinton camp: 'There's still a long way to go'

Four-year-old Cassandra Savukinas attends a campaign event in Philadelphia.
Four-year-old Cassandra Savukinas attends a campaign event in Philadelphia.

PHILADELPHIA, Pennsylvania (CNN) – Camp Clinton, buoyed by its Pennsylvania victory, plans to take what worked here and take it on to Indiana and North Carolina.

Spokesman Mo Elleithee held a gaggle with reporters a short time ago. He said that said heading into the May 6 contests, the campaign would continue to push the themes that Hillary Clinton is the most equipped to be commander-in-chief and to lead the economy into recovery. He said the campaign would continue to raise questions about Sen. Barack Obama’s ability to beat Sen. John McCain in the fall.

Elleithee said Obama has built-in advantages in both North Carolina and Indiana, which he dubbed a “battleground.” Indiana’s proximity to Illinois makes him a known entity in much of that state and North Carolina boasts a large African-American population.

“There’s still a long way to go until a nominee is decided,” Elleithee said, noting the campaign feels very good about the upcoming contests in West Virginia, Kentucky and Oregon.

1. Send Money

The best candidate won.

She would have won the nomination by now were it not for the media hatred of Hillary and the media's infatuation with Obama.

Not to mention the unfair caucus format
    and the disenfranchised Fl and Mi voters.

So the nomination is hers, even if Obama wins.

I never vote for the person who steals the nomination.

This is the first time the democrats swiftboated their own BEST candidate. Why? To worship at the feet of Obama.

April 22, 2008 10:16 pm at 10:16 pm |
  2. Elizabeth

God help us all. I can't believe anyone that lies with every breath can win a state at all.

If the Democratic Party give the nomination to Hillary or I should say if she steals it - We will vote Republican.

I'm making another donation to Barack Obama. What he Hillary going to do in the morning when she doesn't have enough money to pay the bills!!

Fort Worth, Texas

April 22, 2008 10:16 pm at 10:16 pm |
  3. Susan MO

Hillary is a strong candidate. She is for the people.

Obama?

He rudely insulted the good people of Pennsylvania.

We do not need a president who insults the people.

Strongely for Hillary Clinton

Clinton 08

April 22, 2008 10:16 pm at 10:16 pm |
  4. Bill

I suppose CNN is happy about Hillary's win considering they just hired Tony Snow. Might as well wrap up the presidency, put a bow on it, and give it to McCain.

April 22, 2008 10:16 pm at 10:16 pm |
  5. MJ

Maybe people are beginning to figure out that Obama is a wienie man who hates women. He only mentions granny to complain about her not being nice. He snubs Hillary and McCaskill had to bail him out. Wienie man.

April 22, 2008 10:16 pm at 10:16 pm |
  6. D'Edra

Why is it that nobody ever says that Hillary is getting the White vote? The White vote is under the guise of the blue-collar voter or the lunchpail voter. When talking about Barack, the African-American vote is always mentioned. Doesn't that sound racist on the part of the journalists?

April 22, 2008 10:16 pm at 10:16 pm |
  7. Ken in Western NY

Terri Patanus April 22nd, 2008 9:35 pm ET
    IT IS TIME TO GIVE TIL IT HURTS TO HILLARY NOW!
    I WILL GIVE MY NEXT CHECK TO HER! HILLARY 08

Holy Cow, woman. Get a grip! Why would you give your next check to her? Let her and her husband keep using their own money to fund her campaign. That's money down the tubes! Please don't waste your money. It could really be used for better things – like seeing a psychiatrist !!!

April 22, 2008 10:17 pm at 10:17 pm |
  8. C.Hart

Just out of curiousity, how can Sen. Clinton claim the nomination now, without disorienting the majority of the population who voted for Sen. Obama? I think Sen. Obama has to win the nomination because those people, myself included, who voted for him will feel disenfranchised if she wins. I can't vote for her if she doesn't win the popular vote. It will be the 2000 Presidential race all over again.

April 22, 2008 10:17 pm at 10:17 pm |
  9. James

My question to CNN is how can you guys expect those republican strategists to offer up an unbiased commentary of a democratic primary?

April 22, 2008 10:17 pm at 10:17 pm |
  10. Never Obama

Looks like Annie Oakley shot the BIG Obama off his high horse.

I will never vote for Obama- the cheater.

April 22, 2008 10:17 pm at 10:17 pm |
  11. TexasBlackTea

jr. – you can not stael this women's right to wind – I agree – she is full of hot air.....Goodness people do some research first about exactly what these candidates stand for and quit relying on the media to tell you. Next thing you know – they will be pulling something else out of Baracks past and personal life to down paly him........still waiting to read Hillarys senior thesis at her alma mater........you know the one she had her husband seal.........maybe it will shed some light on the whole sniper fire bit.......

April 22, 2008 10:17 pm at 10:17 pm |
  12. Vig

She'll go all the way. She's tough as nails. Which is ALOT more than you can say for Obama

April 22, 2008 10:17 pm at 10:17 pm |
  13. jr.

God bless America;We are going in the right direction now my dear Americans.Hillary are next President with all the big states.

April 22, 2008 10:17 pm at 10:17 pm |
  14. Obama still winning!!!

It's OK, we just gotta deal with 3 more months of Hillary lies and deceit, it will all come to light. Obama has nothing to hide. America is smarter than PA -stuck in the Industrial age.

President Obama!! President Obama!! President Obama!! President Obama!! President Obama!! President Obama!! President Obama!! President Obama!! President Obama!! President Obama!! President Obama!! President Obama!! President Obama!! President Obama!! President Obama!! President Obama!! President Obama!! President Obama!! President Obama!! President Obama!! President Obama!! President Obama!! President Obama!! President Obama!!

April 22, 2008 10:18 pm at 10:18 pm |
  15. Sharon

I am an African-American woman. I am 54 years old. Tonight I listened to Terry McAuliffe change the rules of the democratic party at least three times to in an attempt to justify Hillary Clinton's nomination. She is not ahead in pledged delegates, she is not ahead in the popular vote. Should she become the nominee of the party it does not take an advanced degree in physics to know that some lying and cheating will have gotten her there. And for the first time in my life I will not support the democratic party. I truly believe that many in the African-American community feel the same as I do.

April 22, 2008 10:18 pm at 10:18 pm |
  16. Dr. Mesa

Oh! That was one of the most ignorant comments I have heard in a while. Please extrapolate the term "racist" when you get a chance. What you meant is prejudice.

April 22, 2008 10:18 pm at 10:18 pm |
  17. TunnelVision

There u go Pennsylvania voting away your future to someone who has tricked u in the past and will trick u in the future. Don't worry America will be the loser

April 22, 2008 10:18 pm at 10:18 pm |
  18. Jim S.

Hillary. Don't worry about a thing. We Republicans will help you beat Obama and help you get back to your job as a Senator in the fall.

April 22, 2008 10:18 pm at 10:18 pm |
  19. DoHS Approved to "work and reside in the US"

Beverly those are the exact reasons as to why it has to be a CLINTON/OBAMA ticket in the fall.

April 22, 2008 10:18 pm at 10:18 pm |
  20. Clara

I must say I am disgusted by the CNN coverage of this primary! They are totally Pro-Obama and Anit-Clinton. They keep saying "she won't win, and if she does she won't win the super delegates". And they had said that " if she doesn't win popular vote but gets the nomination, that is undemocratic" I would like to remind them that Al Gore got the popular vote but NOT the election ( and while that sucked) it was still democratic!!! Good for Hillary, up by 10 as we speak. I hope she gets the nomination and I hope CNN and their "best political team on tv" gets a big slice of crow pie!!!!! She wins the states that count : NY, PA, FL, CA, MI, OH, NM, etc must I go on and on...Florida and Ohio are the most important for general election!

April 22, 2008 10:18 pm at 10:18 pm |
  21. MB

Go Hillary!

April 22, 2008 10:18 pm at 10:18 pm |
  22. E. C., Houston, Texas

Hillary Wins because she's the Better Candidate, More Experienced and More Intelligent. She's Ready to Be President.

April 22, 2008 10:19 pm at 10:19 pm |