April 22nd, 2008

Clinton camp: 'There's still a long way to go'

Four-year-old Cassandra Savukinas attends a campaign event in Philadelphia.
Four-year-old Cassandra Savukinas attends a campaign event in Philadelphia.

PHILADELPHIA, Pennsylvania (CNN) – Camp Clinton, buoyed by its Pennsylvania victory, plans to take what worked here and take it on to Indiana and North Carolina.

Spokesman Mo Elleithee held a gaggle with reporters a short time ago. He said that said heading into the May 6 contests, the campaign would continue to push the themes that Hillary Clinton is the most equipped to be commander-in-chief and to lead the economy into recovery. He said the campaign would continue to raise questions about Sen. Barack Obama’s ability to beat Sen. John McCain in the fall.

Elleithee said Obama has built-in advantages in both North Carolina and Indiana, which he dubbed a “battleground.” Indiana’s proximity to Illinois makes him a known entity in much of that state and North Carolina boasts a large African-American population.

“There’s still a long way to go until a nominee is decided,” Elleithee said, noting the campaign feels very good about the upcoming contests in West Virginia, Kentucky and Oregon.

1. Anonymous

what i'm not hearing from these so-called experts is the percentage of republicans who re-registered as democrats so they could participate in this primary & throw votes to clinton... mayhap w/o them obama would have won with a landslide

April 22, 2008 09:48 pm at 9:48 pm |
  2. Jane

This white woman they voted for has shipped tens of thousands of precious US jobs overseas to China, India, and Mexico through NAFTA. How is it that the Hillbots cannot realize this? This white woman is the enemy of this country.

Obama will win the General Election because the rest of the country is smarter than PA and make sure it happens.

April 22, 2008 09:48 pm at 9:48 pm |
  3. Sharon Ohio

Yeah Hillary

Great Job

You are the heart beat of the people

We all want you and Need your for our President

April 22, 2008 09:48 pm at 9:48 pm |
  4. Anee

Thank you PA!!!! Catholics, you go guys!!!! 68 percent for Clinton.

Love from California to Aunt Cookie and Uncle Denny!! Munhall rocks!

Snobama lost even with all his money, he can't seal the deal.

Clinton is a fighter, who never gives up, that's the kind of person we need to fight McCain, not a wimp, whinny guy who runs and hides when things don't go his way.

April 22, 2008 09:48 pm at 9:48 pm |
  5. Greg Raynes

I'm a Democrat.

Despite her narrow victory, the PA primary has done nothing save affirm Hillary Clinton's drop in favor amongst my party. Unfortunately, it has also guaranteed our continued separation.

April 22, 2008 09:48 pm at 9:48 pm |
  6. Bob VA

Let's face it, if all the facts about Obama known now, were known by prior voters in those states he won, some outcomes would been different.

April 22, 2008 09:48 pm at 9:48 pm |
  7. shaun

Didn't Clinton just pay people to turn up and vote for her? While Obama refused.....what an absolute crock of an election if you win votes by giving out cash....

April 22, 2008 09:48 pm at 9:48 pm |
  8. Rick

Sour grapes make poor sports!

If the Obamite comments here are any example of the tone of the race from here on out, then it will continue to be wicked negative.

Give Hillary credit where it is due. If you ever hope for the Clinton crowd to accept Barack Hussein Obama, then you need to show respect for Hillary Rodham Clinton.

As the article says:

"...Hillary Clinton is the most equipped to be commander-in-chief and to lead the economy into recovery....continue to raise questions about Sen. Barack Obama’s ability to beat Sen. John McCain in the fall."

April 22, 2008 09:48 pm at 9:48 pm |
  9. karin

let me tell you as a 60 yr. old white woman – if hillary steals the nomination from obama – I will not vote for her as President – I would rather write in Mickey Mouse. I have never felt that before. I have NEVER voted Republican and never will. But I find Hillary and her tactics and deceit intolerable. So, I will write in something or even vote for Nader (ick). I won't change my mind either.

April 22, 2008 09:49 pm at 9:49 pm |
  10. B.Wright

In the primary, I voted for McCain. If Sen. Clinton wins the democratic pririmay, she will get my vote; otherwise it is McCain. We do not need another untried candidate like we have had in the White House for the last 8 years.

April 22, 2008 09:49 pm at 9:49 pm |
  11. Isaac

Wow, the more they count her out the more she wins... when are these people in the media going to get it.

April 22, 2008 09:49 pm at 9:49 pm |
  12. Rich Vera

Hillary, you can fool some of the people some of the time...but you can't fool all of the people all of the time!!

Gotta' go...I'm ducking sniper fire now and I
    am a bit sleep deprived!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

April 22, 2008 09:50 pm at 9:50 pm |
  13. celtcwrtr

what i'm not hearing from these so-called "experts" is the amount of republicans (percentage) that re-registered as democrats so they could throw a vote to clinton... mayhap w/o them obama would have won with a landslide

April 22, 2008 09:50 pm at 9:50 pm |
  14. Trish- PA

I am so disgusted with my home state. How on earth would anyone want to vote for someone like her?? So I guess the fear mongering ad worked. You are all afraid, you bunch of wusses! Thank God Obama is so far ahead that her tiny single digit win will not change things. That woman will be a mirror image of George Bush. I wish I could stuff an ugly pantsuit down the throat of everyone in PA who voted for that witch. I am so sick of this campaign. And I am so sick of that lying, dishonest, nasty snake of a woman.

April 22, 2008 09:50 pm at 9:50 pm |
  15. Hal Miami

Ali

it comes from people with a few bucks to spend with no knowledge of the true points but are caught up in the drama. I will give my money to Hillary in a big way now, but dont have to sell a trailer to do it

April 22, 2008 09:50 pm at 9:50 pm |
  16. Dora

I believe Hillary is the most experienced candidate in this race. I ask the same question, if you are white and vote against Obama you are racist ,if you are black and vote for Obama, yes you are racist it works both ways. You vote for the person not their spouses. Make your vote count. vote Hillary 08. Give a donation today. He spends other people's money to win and how will he spend taxpayer's money. Hillary 08

April 22, 2008 09:50 pm at 9:50 pm |
  17. Cory

My question is if Hillary stays in all the way to the convention–will Michigan and Florida be seated and is this why she is staying because of the possibility of those delegates being counted?

April 22, 2008 09:50 pm at 9:50 pm |
  18. kathy in ohio

thanks pa Love you Hillary

April 22, 2008 09:50 pm at 9:50 pm |
  19. DD

The truth will come out, it was Obama vs racists but he stood thru.
    The truth will always prevail.

April 22, 2008 09:51 pm at 9:51 pm |
  20. Jeff - Dallas

Elleithee thinks Hillary will make the best Commander in Chief. Why, so she can "obliterate" countries as she said she would do with Iran? Sounds like a dangerous knee jerk reaction. Then she back steps, and says that she wants to return to the threat of the Cold War.
    Hillary sounds way too dangerous to me.

April 22, 2008 09:51 pm at 9:51 pm |
  21. Rob BC,Canada

You say Hillary was out spent by Obama 2 to 1.I suppose that means he was financially supported at a 2-1 rate.What does that tell you.Also, you "holier than thou" Clinton zealots, are you telling me that if Hillary had the money should wouldn't use it to her best interest.Give me a break with your weak knee'd spins and double speak, please.Enough.

April 22, 2008 09:51 pm at 9:51 pm |
  22. TexasBlackTea

beyonce pride – oh you were there for the sniper fire too??!!! You have always imagined your mom to be an elitist, fibber ?-- Lord that is what is wrong with this country as it is – yall put your faith in MEN.

April 22, 2008 09:52 pm at 9:52 pm |
  23. Kim

Do not buy the Hype. The Hillary monster won PA. because she is from there, Period! Just like Romney won Michigan. It means NOTHING! Do not let Hillary or her media pawns turn this into something important .

April 22, 2008 09:52 pm at 9:52 pm |
  24. GARY

Well Wolf and the gang at CNN are now eating their words. Can't believe how bias one news media can be. If the Dems have any hope at ending this fiasco Bush has caused Clinton will be the way to go.

California, Ohio, Michigan, Florida, Pennsylvania, Texas all key states. This network is on the OBAMA bandwagon for Presidency and has been from the get go.

GO GET HILL!

April 22, 2008 09:52 pm at 9:52 pm |
  25. Duff Crary

With only eight percent of the Pennsylvania vote made public, CNN declared Senator Clinton as the primary winner (?). Although I do believe Clinton will indeed win, I do also believe CNN intentionally rushed their declaration. Also, Campbell Brown, the lead moderator for CNN, has seemed overly happy and "bubbly" about the ongoing results favoring Clinton. Cynically I must conclude "so much" for CNN's objectivity and I do believe that in November, if Senator Clinton will become the Democratic candidate, CNN will again declare her to be the victor with less than ten percent of the national vote counted.

April 22, 2008 09:52 pm at 9:52 pm |