April 22nd, 2008

Clinton camp: 'There's still a long way to go'

Four-year-old Cassandra Savukinas attends a campaign event in Philadelphia.
Four-year-old Cassandra Savukinas attends a campaign event in Philadelphia.

PHILADELPHIA, Pennsylvania (CNN) – Camp Clinton, buoyed by its Pennsylvania victory, plans to take what worked here and take it on to Indiana and North Carolina.

Spokesman Mo Elleithee held a gaggle with reporters a short time ago. He said that said heading into the May 6 contests, the campaign would continue to push the themes that Hillary Clinton is the most equipped to be commander-in-chief and to lead the economy into recovery. He said the campaign would continue to raise questions about Sen. Barack Obama’s ability to beat Sen. John McCain in the fall.

Elleithee said Obama has built-in advantages in both North Carolina and Indiana, which he dubbed a “battleground.” Indiana’s proximity to Illinois makes him a known entity in much of that state and North Carolina boasts a large African-American population.

“There’s still a long way to go until a nominee is decided,” Elleithee said, noting the campaign feels very good about the upcoming contests in West Virginia, Kentucky and Oregon.

1. Obama has the lead

It is comment like this that are scary because you people seem to think this is some funny game. This is our country and our future. You don't read anything or do any research, you vote with your vaginas and your fear and you racism. Nice work. ....."Hillary is the one to make a change and difference in Washington. Her husband cleaned up the last mess our country was left in; now she'll have a bigger mess to deal with and like all women do in their daily lives she'll roll up her sleeves get the job done!"

April 22, 2008 10:12 pm at 10:12 pm |
  2. WFSenior

GO, GO, GO HILLARY,
    EAT YOUR HEARTS OUT WOLF BLITZER, TIM RUSSERT, BRIAN WILLIAMS, KEITH OBERMANN. SORRY MCCAFFERTY......I AM SURE ALL OF YOU WILL CONTINUE TO INSULT HILLARY AND SING THE PRAISES OF YOUR MOST FAVORED OBAMA.....

I HAVE WRITTEN TO MSNBC AND CNN A HUNDRED TIMES DUE TO THEIR BIAS AGAINST HILLARY......WHEN ELECTIONS ARE OVER, REGARDLESS OF THE WINNER, I WILL NEVER GO BACK TO THOSE STATIONS.....THAT LEAVES FOX....UGH BUT ITS BETTER THAN THOSE GUYS.....YOU GO GIRL.....AND I AM SENDING YOU MONEY TONIGHT...

April 22, 2008 10:12 pm at 10:12 pm |
  3. let's be clear

Hillary is not damaging Obama's chances in Nov- should he be the nominee.

Obama has damaged himself.

I went from willing to vote to him to I will NEVER ever vote for him- and that happened when he played the race card in SC.

I know that neither of the Clintons is a racist or a bigot. When Obama went negative early in the campaign- he contradicted the message of his own campaign. Plus he ensured a playing field tipped in his favor.

That is cheating. I will never vote for Obama because if he wins, he wins dirty by cheating and by manipulation.

So Hillary is not costing Obama my vote. HE lost my vote by his own actions.

April 22, 2008 10:12 pm at 10:12 pm |
  4. Coleman R. Brice, Asbury Park, NJ

I was and remain a Dennis Kucinich supporter. Obama represented the next best thing for me.

After observing months of Hillary's lies and manipulative posturing and fear mongering, I can say in all honesty that I would rather support McCain in the general election than her.

I don't agree with Sen. McCain's stance on just about anything, but I have infinitely more trust for him to be true to his word. I believe he is an honorable man.

The Clintons and their sleazy lies utterly disgust me..

April 22, 2008 10:12 pm at 10:12 pm |
  5. Chuck Tyler

Riddle me this–how divisive is this for a party craving to take back the White House after 8 years of Dubya? Will the losing candidate's supporters move to support the winner after August, or will we still be wallowing in asinine comments and petty scrabbling?

April 22, 2008 10:12 pm at 10:12 pm |
  6. jackie ohio

Iam sooooooo tiered of the harsh way people are. the people of PA has spoken. why do OBAMA supporters think that people voted for hillary because they wont vote for a black man. Stop and think of what and how you are protesting the american right to choose. I voted for Hillary because of what she stands for. So Sorry that Obama is only a talker not a doer. Don't fall for his speaches indianna make him give solutions that he speaks of put him to the main test make him give his policy's talk is talk tell me what has he done other then rebuild a small camunity. we all know he hardly voted as a sent at DC so what will he do as president Oh thats right he said he wants to talk with the evil leaders and He can change the for the hope world and change he has the power RIGHT!!!!!!

April 22, 2008 10:13 pm at 10:13 pm |
  7. Anonymous

I am wondering how many Republicans voted for Clinton in Penn. in order to sway this race in McCains favor? My husband, a McCain supporter, voted for Hillary in the Texas primary just to help out McCain. He can't stand her! His point being that McCain may lose against Obama but will destroy Clinton in the fall. Why isn't anyone coming forth with those numbers. I know six other people in my circle that did the same thing. Those numbers add up quick, just listen to RUSH!

April 22, 2008 10:13 pm at 10:13 pm |
  8. Proud to be a Clinton Democrat

YES! I just gave $100.00 to Hillary online. GO DONATE TO HILLARY @ HILLARYCLINTON.COM

Hillary 08

April 22, 2008 10:13 pm at 10:13 pm |
  9. tell the truth

will she still be behind? The answer is yes. Just one states

April 22, 2008 10:13 pm at 10:13 pm |
  10. Lana, NATIVE AMERICAN CHEROKEE INDIAN

Keep in mind everyone, Democrats will NOT win North Carolina in general election.

Now, I want to comment on something David Gergen just said (7:02pm pacific time). That the dems risk losing all african-americans from the party. Well, I became a dem 25 years ago or more to be in party that respected all ethnicities. This campaign has painfully shown me that black people (by sadly a large margin-nationwide)are racist, and if they are going to be racist then please leave the dem party, go to the repubs where the racists hang out.
    All of my life I have supported african-americans in anything (well,all ethnicities) and I feel betrayed and stabbed in the back.

Now I know cnn will not post this because it is against their guy obama, and borders a little on imflammatory; however, it's nowhere near some of the nasty stuff I read daily on the ticker; and, not to mention what John King said earlier about aspecific area voting for obama because it has a high black population.

April 22, 2008 10:13 pm at 10:13 pm |
  11. BillT

She wins this ONE because of her lies, her distorted comments and her NEGATIVE campaign mission.

It is a win, I will agree with her on that, but that is all it is. In the large scheme of things she is done.

Thank goodness.

April 22, 2008 10:13 pm at 10:13 pm |
  12. MJ

Hurray for Hillary. Obama is a wienie who whines about granny not being nice to him. What about grandpa? Does he only pick on women?

April 22, 2008 10:13 pm at 10:13 pm |
  13. Bill

What did the Clintons ever bring to the White House and our country other than shame because of Bill's sexual escapades? And PA wants these sleezebags back in the White House?

Obama '08

April 22, 2008 10:14 pm at 10:14 pm |
  14. Obama has the lead

@jr. get your facts straight and come back. Obama has the lead in every area. Hillary is a proven liar with the MI and FL incident. Why do you ignore these facts?

April 22, 2008 10:14 pm at 10:14 pm |
  15. jeannie N.C.

Go to bed Keesha...............non-sense

April 22, 2008 10:14 pm at 10:14 pm |
  16. Missouri Voter

Go Hillary!!

April 22, 2008 10:14 pm at 10:14 pm |
  17. john williams san diego, ca.

the song was wrong...i guess you can 'hide those lying eyes' at least in Pennsylvania

April 22, 2008 10:15 pm at 10:15 pm |
  18. S

Hillary will be the next president of the united states of America because it is her destiny.

April 22, 2008 10:15 pm at 10:15 pm |
  19. liz

Congratulations to Clinton on your win tonight. What happened to Obama's $8 million on advertising? It did not do him any good. Money cannot buy votes...so ha ha to Obama. We still beat you.

April 22, 2008 10:15 pm at 10:15 pm |
  20. D. Williams

If the nomination is stolen from Obama when it is rightly his, you can bet that Hillary will loose plenty of the black population and John Mccain will win the white house. She is "catty" and she is worse at causing trouble than the news media. She does not like it when her words are twisted but she is quick to dig a knife in to Obama's back. He is such a gentleman as well as refreshing and he is what we need in the white house. It is transparent who the news media is backing even though you all are suppose to be objective in you reporting. Bill and Hillary has really shown who they really are. The mask is off. You all need to stop harping on the african american vote, we are not the only vote that Obama has taken.

April 22, 2008 10:15 pm at 10:15 pm |
  21. dsp, Snata Rosa, CA

Congratulations to Sen. Clinton.

Winning another uneducated and aging state must make you proud. You know, I'm starting to think it is the difference between the have's and have not's. Those who have some intelligence vote one direction, those who don't have intelligence vote another.

Actually, this puts a little "spice" into the mix. I say Sen. Obama starts using Gennifer Flowers, Monica and her stained dress, White Water, the law firm, the lawsuits, etc, etc, etc.... it's not like there is a paucity (look it up Clinton supporters) of dirt.

April 22, 2008 10:15 pm at 10:15 pm |
  22. Nick

wow hillary how could you lose such a huge lead in PA. wow!

April 22, 2008 10:15 pm at 10:15 pm |
  23. NObama

Woo hoo!!! GO HILLARY GO!!!!!!!!!!!! Outspent 3-to-1 and STILL won PA!!!

Signed,
    "a typical white person"

April 22, 2008 10:15 pm at 10:15 pm |
  24. Nancy

Thank you PA. In my opinion, Obama can not win GE. He is the one dividing the party, and should withdraw. Would like to support the Democratic nom, but if it is Obama, will not vote in GE. This is not a result of being childish, it is my great concern about how inexperienced he is. I do have a question for Obama, which is how will you function in Washington with out playing politics as usual? Futhermore, feel insulted by comments Obama has made and how he minimized the importance of the questions asked in the beginning of this last debate. I feel he knows little of what the folks of America think, feel and really need , but just professes he does.

April 22, 2008 10:15 pm at 10:15 pm |
  25. sand

Greattttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt Job HILLARY!!!!!!!! GO ALL THE WAY TO THE WHITE HOUSE......!!!!

April 22, 2008 10:16 pm at 10:16 pm |