April 22nd, 2008

Clinton maintains lead in Pennsylvania polls

Voters in Butler, Pennsylvania cast their ballots Tuesday.
Voters in Butler, Pennsylvania cast their ballots Tuesday.

(CNN)—Hillary Clinton had a 9 point lead headed into Tuesday's primary in Pennsylvania.

According to the latest CNN poll of polls taken from likely Democratic voters in Pennsylvania between April 18 and 21, 51 percent favor Hillary Clinton and 42 percent favor Barack Obama with 7 percent still undecided.

The poll of polls consists of three surveys: Zogby (April 20-21), Suffolk University (April 19-20) and Quinnipiac (April 18-20).

1. Makeshift

Psh, how do you choose which polls to report CNN? RCP has it at 6.1, which is more realistic.

April 22, 2008 03:01 pm at 3:01 pm |
  2. Dee

I have an issue with the fact anchors claim Senator Obama can not win large states. Senator Obama did not take a bus tour in Ohio but instead he spent more time in Texas than Ohio. Senator Clinton went to all counties and screamed that tale: "Shame on you, Barack!" All three Clintons were every where in Ohio.
    Didn't he eventually win more delegtes than she did in Texas?
    In spite she will not win enough delegates to catch up with him.
    Senator Obama did not play the race card. That was one time the media took that one and ran. You know it's loud when other people outside of People of Color picked up on this one. Usually People of Color is forced to explain why i'ts racist.

April 22, 2008 03:03 pm at 3:03 pm |
  3. John

Hillary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Together with the respectable citizens of Pennsylvania,we support you and wish you a very very succesful day today.There is still a lot of work to do,and we are prepared for it all the way to the White House.Keep up the good job from the camp,and not to forget Bill and Chelsea.in the family.

April 22, 2008 03:05 pm at 3:05 pm |
  4. Grace (Maryland)

you go girl!! I will continue to cheer you. Go get them!!

April 22, 2008 03:06 pm at 3:06 pm |
  5. Mack

PA voters are smart and not star struck. They will vote for the right candidate. Hillary

April 22, 2008 03:08 pm at 3:08 pm |
  6. LifeLongDemocrat

The biggest crook to ever lived in the White House is not Nixon.

It's HILLARY CLINTON

April 22, 2008 03:08 pm at 3:08 pm |
  7. EX Clinton Supporter

JLO is it Sen Obama running for office? or Rev Wright? If thats all you have to make a decision thats LAME ~ How about $800,000 form Columbia, How about NAFTA, How about Sniper attacks in Bosnia Those are ALL HILLARY! For every 1 you can find I got 5 for you! Oh anf JLO did you see that same Rev Wright at the White House shaking hands with ex president Bill Clinton? Get yo FACTS STRAIGHT!
    The list continues but I dont have time to educate some folks who just don't get it!

April 22, 2008 03:08 pm at 3:08 pm |
  8. honkey white guy from cali

Hey Gerard get a clue There are no exit poll data being published yet!!!!

April 22, 2008 03:10 pm at 3:10 pm |
  9. Joseph IRAQ WAR VET

Listen part of being the ex-presidents wife means you have the established relationships that he ESTABLISHED while he was president. The reason why Hillary wins all these big Industrialized states is because of the Union support she has. The Unions are alot more prevelant in the bigger more industrialized states. When a Union tells their members to vote for someone they do. Plus it helps her by having Ed Rendell on her side to gain more Unions. Clinton should win by 10 points, Obama will blow her out by 20 in NC, and get the nomination after he beats her in Indianna by 5.

OBAMA 08

April 22, 2008 03:12 pm at 3:12 pm |
  10. Matthew, Philadelphia, PA

June (April 22nd, 2008 2:48 pm ET): "PA voted for Bush TWICE and you expect them to be able to see through Hillary and Bill. Methinks you ask too much."

You have no idea what you are talking about. PA went for Gore in 2000 and Kerry in 2004.

On the off chance you meant George H.W. Bush, we went for Clinton over Bush in 1992 (also for Clinton over Dole in 1996).

As far as primaries are concerned, none have been contested in any of these elections.

Please don't just make things up. It makes you sound stupid and unimformed...like an overwhelming majority of Obama supporters.

April 22, 2008 03:13 pm at 3:13 pm |
  11. GEORGE

Yea GO home and cry to Billy & Monica remember he did not have sexual relations with that woman while Billary was in Bosnia

April 22, 2008 03:13 pm at 3:13 pm |
  12. BAKERSFIELD

HILLARY WILL WIN BY AT LEAST 12%
    AND THEN WAIT TELL RIGHT BEFORE NORTH CAROLINA FOR THE REAL TWIST.

April 22, 2008 03:13 pm at 3:13 pm |
  13. Mike O Plano, Texas

The big question will be the size of the switchover votes; and very few will be in Obama's camp. If Hillary pulls double digits, you can thanks Rush's Chaos Cadre. And there will be SERIOUS questions about Obama's electability raised.

April 22, 2008 03:15 pm at 3:15 pm |
  14. carl

Obama, is going to win this thing, just wait until 8pm

April 22, 2008 03:16 pm at 3:16 pm |
  15. Patricia

As a regulatory compliance analyst my job is to ensure integrity and honesty in my industry. Because these things are so important to me I could never support Clinton.

April 22, 2008 03:16 pm at 3:16 pm |
  16. Richard

Go Hillary Go.

April 22, 2008 03:17 pm at 3:17 pm |
  17. Sharon Minnesota

Oh My God, Obama supporters, take a breath, you're getting blue in the face.

Go Hillary our next president.

April 22, 2008 03:18 pm at 3:18 pm |
  18. Sharon Minnesota

And you're foaming at the mouth.

April 22, 2008 03:19 pm at 3:19 pm |
  19. jd

Her lead, will mean nothing because in the end its Obama. Go Obama/08

April 22, 2008 03:21 pm at 3:21 pm |
  20. Ovitshio Branco from Scranton (PA)

I am educated. Enough to know what I want but not enough to be the articulate supporter I wish to be. My education allowed me to revisit Bill Clinton’s presidency with fresh and open eyes. I studied up on Senator Obama’s and Senator Clinton’s platforms (as well as Bill Richardson’s and John Edward’s) and made my own decision based on what I felt the candidate could do for our ailing nation and the world. Then I watched Senator Clinton take cheap shots over and over and watched my candidate shake it off and stay in for the long haul to take the win. And for all our sakes I HOPE he will. Because I believe that together we can do anything as a nation and united WE CAN overcome all the bickering and begin to heal this country. May God bless this Great Nation The U.S.A

April 22, 2008 03:21 pm at 3:21 pm |
  21. Love Hilary and Bill

to John Smith–this "uneducated" PHD is voting for Hilary because she is the best person for the job. Its amazing how people tell Bill to just go away and the CNN gets over 400 comments in 5 minutes! This is the mark of a man that people listen to..All it takes is one sentence and it is quoted around the world! Let's hear more from Bill–even though most things are taken out of context and twisted beyond all recognition. By the way, Jesse Jackson DID win SC..so what? most blacks vote for a black candidate–this is a fact–and they have every right to do so. I also have a right to vote for a woman–and am admitting it! Go Hilary!

April 22, 2008 03:22 pm at 3:22 pm |
  22. democracynow2008

The Clinton supporters and your big prediction for Liar Clinton .

Here is my prediction when the Polls close tonight Hillary will win between 4-6 points over Obama .
    Now I also believe their can be a major upset as their was in New Hampshire when all the Polls said Obama would win and Hillary cried with a tear and won that State all the Polls are acting like they did in New Hampshire .
    The difference is this time Obama could very well prove the Polls wrong tonight.

I support Obama 100% precent.

Even if Obama loses Pennsylvania he still wins.

Vote Obama Pennslvania Vote for Change.

April 22, 2008 03:23 pm at 3:23 pm |
  23. Michigan voter

I'm confused as to why anyone follows Hillary. I'm all for a woman in the White House, but not this one. You can't believe anything she says. How can you follow a leader when you can't figure out where she is going??

April 22, 2008 03:23 pm at 3:23 pm |
  24. Linda of Atlanta

It is sickening how pro Clinton CNN's coverage has been. The Ticker is a prime example. One has to go to the bottom to even see Obama's name as a lead. You report on Bill Clinton as though he is a candidate. Every stupid thing he says is reported. Yesterday, Clinton's picture was even attached to a story that was supposed to be about Obama. You report lies when you know they are lies. One only has to utter a lie about Obama and CNN will breathlessly report it. This will not improve with Tony Snow. I was in an audience of government employees that he addressed. Three-fourths of the audience walked out while he was speaking I guess that will be CNN's fate as well.

April 22, 2008 03:24 pm at 3:24 pm |