April 22nd, 2008

Clinton: 'You listened and today you chose'

CNN

Watch Sen. Clinton's Pennsylvania victory speech.

(CNN) – Sen. Hillary Clinton claimed her Pennsylvania primary victory Tuesday night, telling Pennsylvanians that “you listened and today you chose.”

“It’s a long road to 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. and it runs right through the heart of Pennsylvania,” Clinton also told her supporters as they cheered.

Clinton also said Tuesday that the “stakes are high and the challenges are great” but “the possibilities are endless.” The audience responded by co-opting a trademark phrase of Sen. Barack Obama’s campaign; Clinton supporters shouted “Yes she can! Yes she can!”

Filed under: Hillary Clinton • Pennsylvania
  1. Katy

CORRECTION

The "college graduates" are in support of OBAMA:)

April 23, 2008 02:25 am at 2:25 am |
  2. Jeff

Even my 5th grader knows the numbers are not in your favor, Hillary. What you are doing is divisive, destructive and selfish. There are at least a couple Yogi Berra-isms that might explain why it's respectable to stay in this race, but for you to stay in this is to throw away the Democrat's most sure bet for the White House in decades.

Is it that important for you to stand in front of your supporters sometime in June and say 'well, we tried, we fought, yada yada..' ? Better start rehearsing that speech.

April 23, 2008 02:25 am at 2:25 am |
  3. Marc

You mean the college graduates are in support of Barack Obama!

April 23, 2008 02:26 am at 2:26 am |
  4. Jesse

~~

PA listened to your LIES... and when the truth comes out they along with everyone else will never admit to voting for you.

They might as well start calling you Hillary Bush... with all those negative ads

What Dem would use 911 / Bin Laden in a nomination race against another Dem?

I think I'll go for a few shots... maybe a dozen so I don't remember your ads Hillary

Ps some direct Clinton to the Rep party membership website

April 23, 2008 02:28 am at 2:28 am |
  5. Beck from TN

Chose What? Someone who will lie? I can't for the life of me understand what people think she can or will do for this country! Bush is bad but heaven sakes people do you think that just because this JR senator from NY was married to Bill Clinton she will make a good president? Based on what? Her husbands record! If people think by putting another Clinton in the whitehouse the good old days of the 90's under Bill will return you need to wake up! If she wins the nomination I will have to vote McCain! Why because I feel I have no other choice!

April 23, 2008 02:33 am at 2:33 am |
  6. Photo

PLEASE change the photo...seeing both of the LYING Clintons together makes me sick!! I agree with Bill in the previous post...how could people from his state (PA) be so stupid???!!!

April 23, 2008 02:38 am at 2:38 am |
  7. Allen

That's right...I listened and I choose. I am from PA and voted last night. However, I voted for Obama. I now regret that because I saw how he just discounted my vote during his speech. I know understand Michigan and Florida. He simply can't take the heat and then slams others when it does not go his way. I just donated that maximum allowed by law to Hillary Clinton's campaign. My vote has already been counted and it was wasted. Come November, I will vote for Clinton if she makes it. If not, I will vote for McCain. He just lost my vote and gave her a nice donation compliments of Allen W of Philadelphia.

April 23, 2008 02:39 am at 2:39 am |
  8. The O

Good win Hillary. But it just goes to show you how many uneducated people we have in this country. Put down that beer and buy a book. and maybe get your G.E.D's becuase who ignorant do you have to be to think this chick won't lie to you in the white house like bush has...

OBAMA 08

April 23, 2008 02:40 am at 2:40 am |
  9. richard

My prayers were answered. You are the President we have been waiting for. Keep it going Hillary.

April 23, 2008 02:41 am at 2:41 am |
  10. Venus The Super star

She has once again pulled off with another big win. This really proves that she is able to take hard hits and come back and win. She is not going down and we need a candidate who will be able to take such hard hits and win. Hillary has proven her strength.

April 23, 2008 02:41 am at 2:41 am |
  11. B Williams

I am an Independent Voter and was considering voting for Senator Clinton because of Former President Clinton. However, the question should not be why Senator Obama has not closed the gap to win the nomination but why Sentaor Clinton the early "Front Runner" let a junior Senator get this far. Apparently, its not about her experience but its about the "Change" the American People want for our country to go into a new direction. The "Change" is not but not Senator Clinton; its Senator Obama!

April 23, 2008 02:42 am at 2:42 am |
  12. Indiana for Hillary

That's right – YES SHE CAN! YES SHE CAN!

Obama could not close the deal with Pennsylvania in spite of $12 million and six weeks. Indiana doesn't want him either.

Hillary's victory is truly inspiring!

April 23, 2008 02:45 am at 2:45 am |
  13. marlino

Congratulation senador!!

April 23, 2008 02:46 am at 2:46 am |
  14. Michelle

God help us if Hillary Clinton is the nominee. I support Obama 100 percent because he brings dignity and clear headed leadership to the playing field. Hillary shame on you for your reprehensible slander!

April 23, 2008 02:47 am at 2:47 am |
  15. Mike

...Listen, what is that that I hear?

Oh, it's all the NObama supporters crying!!!!

Go Hillary!!!!!!!!

NObama even looks evil to me, doesn't even look like a friendly individual.

April 23, 2008 02:49 am at 2:49 am |
  16. America Post Obama

I'll be sending money this week to help elect the best candidate for
    president: Hillary Clinton!!!!!!!!

Congratulation for winning PA! Remember, JFK won the presidency by a VERY SMALL margin. Small numbers sometimes means a lot.!

April 23, 2008 02:50 am at 2:50 am |
  17. driven

hillary will be the greatest president of our lifetimes

April 23, 2008 02:51 am at 2:51 am |
  18. America Post Obama

B Williams,

We also want change, real change. Hillary would be the greatest change in the history of this country! Think about it, there has never been a female president of this country but lots and lots of mediocre politicians who became president because of voters belief that only men are "fit" for the presidency, it's a patriarchal society where women are not taken seriously, specially if running for the presidency of the good old patriarchal USA!

April 23, 2008 02:59 am at 2:59 am |
  19. nwcanadian

Good grief, this woman is such a manipulative phony. She makes it up as she goes along and has no shame whatsoever when caught. It's just "moving right along, folks" and on to the next bamboozle.

April 23, 2008 03:01 am at 3:01 am |
  20. Oregon

Oregon (where I live) hosts one of the larger remaining states. Based on all available indications, Obama will win by one of his biggest margins out here. And he'll also beat Clinton by a big margin in the largest of the remaining primaries (North Carolina). Clinton won't win. But her ego will cause trouble.

April 23, 2008 03:25 am at 3:25 am |
  21. T Baker

Texas – Ohio – Pennsylvania. three HUGE wins in a row..

NEWSFLASH – In a contest where number of delegates won dictates a 'win' (that's what this contest is, in case you didn't know that either) – Hilary DID NOT win Texas... check the facts.

Congrats on Ohio and PA HIllary ... nice to see you can win those Big 'Archie Bunker' states......

April 23, 2008 03:31 am at 3:31 am |
  22. Vig

Now that Hillary has found her voice she should definitely not waste it on Obama. Rather, she needs to set her Presidential agenda, talk to the people on issues, and keep her focus. Let him hang himself as he will probably do or say something that will come back to haunt him.

April 23, 2008 03:38 am at 3:38 am |
  23. Gyan 4m India

Well this is gyan 4m india . I am not saying that my views express the views of my nation but some of us just watch the primaries and it is good to see that the people of usa take so much time just to decide the candidates. I wish to say good luck to mrs Clinton, to mr Obama and to mr mcain. Well to end up i would say"you people got a nice circus going on there" good luck america. With blessings from India . gyanen

April 23, 2008 03:38 am at 3:38 am |
  24. Newman

Hillary hon, make sure you take John McCain and Rush Limbaugh out to dinner with you and Bill, for them helping you with your marginal victory. You played the game well for a Republican. Uncle George would be proud of how you swindled Pennsylvania voters. But then again you Pennsylvania drop-outs were always so easy to fool by her. Obama will be the nominee, and you can take that to the bank.

April 23, 2008 03:40 am at 3:40 am |