April 22nd, 2008

Exit polls: Clinton blamed for more unfair attacks

(CNN) – The Democratic presidential race has taken a negative turn over the last several weeks - and most Pennsylvania Democrats appear to blame Hillary Clinton.

According to the exit polls, two thirds of Pennsylvania Democrats say Clinton has launched unfair attacks against Barack Obama. Only 30 percent of voters say she hasn't.

Meanwhile, 49 percent of Pennsylvania Democrats said Obama has attacked Clinton unfairly while 48 percent say he has not.

Filed under: Bill Schneider • Exit Polls
  1. Grammy in Oklahoma

Most of the people working on the exit polls are young people who are more likely to support Obama and they can definitely have a say in the outcome of the polls. Think it would be wise to wait until the actual votes are counted. Hopefully, more rational thinkers will vote and the actual count will be in favor of Senator Clinton. Obama is a showman that seems to excite young people because they do not look beyond the false falcade he has chosen to exhibit.
    When terrorist organizations that hate the USA are for Obama, one must wonder why.
    Will keep my fingers crossed for Hillary. Senator Obama needs to go back to Chicago and clean up the mess there.

April 22, 2008 07:34 pm at 7:34 pm |
  2. No Hillary

Unfair attacks and even more and more unfair attacks from Hillary is not new.... I am glad I followed this primary very closely to see the real face of Hillary and Bill Clinton. I already feel sorry that I ever voted for Bill Clinton back then as he was campagning in his own primaries. If I could, I will ask for my vote back in a heart beat.

April 22, 2008 07:34 pm at 7:34 pm |
  3. Vince - Phoenix

Richard,

your entire post is FULL of flawed "logic", mental gynamstics, and is intellectually dishonest.

you've offered your opinion... I've offered mine...

April 22, 2008 07:34 pm at 7:34 pm |
  4. Carrie Pa

The Clinton Machine does play dirty! It hurts the party.

April 22, 2008 07:35 pm at 7:35 pm |
  5. Vickie Brooks

I think that if Obama wins, Hillary should become an Independant and run and let the people decide who they want on election day. If Hillary wins, Obama should become an Independant and run and also let the people determine who they want as the next President, Obama, Hillary or John! I am from Florida and I had no say in our Governor deciding my vote would not count. Why don't our Legislaters and Governor have to pay for a revote, not the people. That was stupid on our Florida leaders to do and I personally do not appreciate someone taking my vote away. I am also republican, but I voted democrat. Remember our Governor is a republican and I wonder if this was not all arranged to give McCain a gain by eliminating the democratic vote. Thought about that?????

April 22, 2008 07:36 pm at 7:36 pm |
  6. drz

Hillary's logic: Go negative and win Pennsylvania, but still lose the nomination and trash her party for no good reason.

April 22, 2008 07:36 pm at 7:36 pm |
  7. Cynthia

Senator Obama had no choice but to give back some of what she was dishing out. He could not continue to let her get away doing so – it would have made him look soft. Wait until he meets McCain the American people will see what he is made of.

April 22, 2008 07:37 pm at 7:37 pm |
  8. Herman LA, CA

Barack has to walk a fine line because if he went negative on a white woman he would not stand a chance.

And that's the truth, she can do it to him and its fine but he can't do it to her.

What a shame.

April 22, 2008 07:37 pm at 7:37 pm |
  9. Bruce

I Could hear it Now, Iran threatens the US Obama caught pouting and Whining in the Oval Office Searching what should I do on Google! We Need a Leader not a Cry Baby!

April 22, 2008 07:38 pm at 7:38 pm |
  10. Bridgette

It is way too many stupid polls out. The bottom line is this if she has no one of catching up why are the powers that be in the Democratic party allowing this to continue. It is time we start focusing on McCain. If I were Barrack Obama after this I would just start making all of my commercials and speeches about John McCain. I would act like I am the nominee already. I would just completely block her out. That is what the Republicans are doing right now. Every other word that they say is Obama this and Obama that. Look at FOX news one day. Democrats lets stop fretting over stupid stuff and start seeing the big picture. The big picture is she can't win. It is time to pull together around the next President. And that looks like Barak Obama.

April 22, 2008 07:38 pm at 7:38 pm |
  11. milli vanilli

That's right, she has been negative every since february, she has come out with some very stupid comment's. She has had the help of the media, the help of her friends at channel 7 which I disrespect now.

She has brought up all kinds of out right lies and false accusations. and at the same time she has done a poor job of explaning her bosnia trip that was found to not be true. her late income tax disclosers. Her unfair attacks, and bill clinton, and chelsea, standing too close to the side lines, making stupid and disrepectful comments to people that want to know about certain issues. chelsea had the nerve enough to tell some questioners that the question about her fathers fornication was none of their business.

As long as her father was in the white house at the tax payers expense, it was all of our business. I wish this trifle woman would gracefully exit out, she would look more mature and less like a trouble maker later in future elections later down the road.

April 22, 2008 07:38 pm at 7:38 pm |
  12. After further review,Texas

The polls are sheep dogs,hearding the stupid.

April 22, 2008 07:39 pm at 7:39 pm |
  13. Not sleeping at the switch

Yes but they work. I dearly hope this woman doesn't prove that the majority of Americans are Liars and approve of saying anything to destroy people over and over knowing it is false. Every vote she gets is a heart Breaker. What the world must be thinking of us right now. But these are the same people who voted for BUSH twice and have not learned to THINK and put aside racial and sexist ideals.

April 22, 2008 07:39 pm at 7:39 pm |
  14. McCain 08

Democrats, Democrats.......I pray this contest continues on until August. If Hillary wins the nomination, I can promise you the only people who will vote for her are white females. White men will vote for McCain, African Americans will vote independant and She will lose in the general election. Go Hillary Go.....

Hillary Supportors, I love you all for what your doing to the democratic party. Thank you, Thank You very, very much......

April 22, 2008 07:39 pm at 7:39 pm |
  15. b

every single negative has started with the Clinton campaign. Obama has had to retaliate each and every time. I am old enough to have lived with the "Bill stuff" and I think that the only reason she stayed with him during national humiliation is because this was her dream, and it's going to come true for her one way or the other

April 22, 2008 07:40 pm at 7:40 pm |
  16. Peggy

In a mans world....I had to pick the man I liked.

April 22, 2008 07:41 pm at 7:41 pm |
  17. Rose

Obama has very little experience and should wait for the right time to seek his presidential candidacy. PERIOD!!!

April 22, 2008 07:42 pm at 7:42 pm |
  18. Grammy in Oklahoma

When one looks at the past activities of Senator Obama, he has tried but can not hide the dirty laundry in his closet. That is the reason he will not speak to the press during the last two weeks. Hopefully, the voters will look beyond a false front and know he is all hot air and no substance. Just look where he learned his politics–South Chicago–and his fundraising pals.
    He should stay in South Chicago and clean up the economic and criminal mess there first before venturing out to all 50 states. And the terrorist group Hamas is hoping he will win. Wonder why?

April 22, 2008 07:42 pm at 7:42 pm |
  19. Fordy

Is it that America can only be led by two families? Is the presidency going to continuously go from the Bushs to the Clintons? Will Chelsea be the next president after her mother completes her two terms? Isn't this the reason why there is a term restriction for president's? If Hillary wins, wouldn't this be like Bill's third term? Are we to believe that he would have absolutelty no influence on the decisions she makes? Why should one family spend 16 years in the White House? Just asking...

April 22, 2008 07:43 pm at 7:43 pm |
  20. Susan MO

Clinton is negative???

Obama did the most negative thing when he RUDELY spoke to the good people of Pennsylvania.

Obama is the negative one!

April 22, 2008 07:43 pm at 7:43 pm |
  21. An American in Canada

AH NO!

ARE THE BITTER BARACK BLOGGERS WHINNING AGAIN.

HILLARY R. CLINTON WILL DO ANYTHING TO WIN YOU KEEP RANTIN
    THAT IS AN OLD ACCUSATION, UNSUBSTANTIATED JUST LIKE THE REST OF YOUR ANTI-CLINTON COMMENTS .

GET USE TO IT SHE WILL BE OUR NEXT PRESIDENT

April 22, 2008 07:44 pm at 7:44 pm |
  22. Oshun for obama

clinton = negativity bitterness, egocentric, narcissist, you name it, she has shown her true colors.. the list goes on and on, she does not know other way to deal with people but being negative,

did you not hear what she just said about Iran.............. so much for her experience, any day now she will say she was under sniper fire by Iranians and will attack them ..................she is totally insane

April 22, 2008 07:45 pm at 7:45 pm |
  23. Natalia

Géraldine Ferrare told the truth and people got angry at her. Only thing Obama is offering to people is his skin color. Speaking of loyalty, I have not seen much loyalty from black voters, so party should not expect loyalty from me. I have voted 100% democratic ticket throughout my 35 years. Democratic party should not count on my vote this time.

April 22, 2008 07:46 pm at 7:46 pm |
  24. Chuck in Alabama

Richard,

You hit it on the head.

Sign Me,

Another Educated and Informed Voter for Hillary.

April 22, 2008 07:47 pm at 7:47 pm |
  25. JOHN

THE RIGHT TIME IS NOW. PERIOD.

April 22, 2008 07:47 pm at 7:47 pm |