April 22nd, 2008

Exit polls: Clinton blamed for more unfair attacks

(CNN) – The Democratic presidential race has taken a negative turn over the last several weeks - and most Pennsylvania Democrats appear to blame Hillary Clinton.

According to the exit polls, two thirds of Pennsylvania Democrats say Clinton has launched unfair attacks against Barack Obama. Only 30 percent of voters say she hasn't.

Meanwhile, 49 percent of Pennsylvania Democrats said Obama has attacked Clinton unfairly while 48 percent say he has not.

Filed under: Bill Schneider • Exit Polls
  1. Stennis, CA

Hillary "believes" and knows she's not going to win, but she will rather drag Obama down with her and give the presidency to McCain rather than to let Obama beat them (Hillary and McCain)... In short she just wants to destroy the democratic party.

April 22, 2008 08:26 pm at 8:26 pm |
  2. indepen-dent

I made up my mind over a week ago... I said then and I say now I'm voting for Obama or McCain come Nov.

April 22, 2008 08:29 pm at 8:29 pm |
  3. Fran Says

The Senator from NY has traded her respectibility and standing within the Democratic community for her shot at the White House. The former president has damaged his already perilous legacy to join in on what will be remembered as one of the (if not the most) dirtiest primary campaigns in history.

It's hard to imagine what is to come, considering that we are currently fighting among ourselves.

Supporters of both candidates are incredibly and personally vested in their candidate. The DNC says that the party will survive and we will all come together in Denver and sing KUMBAYAH.

When you read the blogs and comments out there . . . you realize . . . THAT'S GONNA BE TOUGH!!

April 22, 2008 08:30 pm at 8:30 pm |
  4. Susan Norton

Does anyone think that the media may have influenced the public's opinion of Hillary? Not only has the media been against Hillary for years, the majority of the media was out in force last week complaining with Obama on how ABC had been unfair in the debate. I almost gagged, it was so disgusting. Obama and all his choir were crying. Attack ads, glib lines, sarcasm – it's how things are done in politics and Washington. Oh that's right, Obama wants to change it all, doesn't he. (Change, how many times have I heard that in a campaign.) It didn't take Obama long to quit changing and join the fight, did it? How long do you think his change pretense will work on his supporters?

April 22, 2008 08:30 pm at 8:30 pm |
  5. James

Launching a negative attacks is not the appropriate way of winning election,..... haven't the Clintons ever heard of fair play........ Isn't there no more honors among thieves....?

April 22, 2008 08:30 pm at 8:30 pm |
  6. yem

Hillary knows that she is going to lose anyway. But she will not stop at anything now,because she is sooo....'bitter.

April 22, 2008 08:33 pm at 8:33 pm |
  7. Alyssa Moul

The attacks began when Obama's campaign made a statement regarding Hillary's credibility/experience back in February of 2007. Anyone care to actually do some research?

April 22, 2008 08:33 pm at 8:33 pm |
  8. kenneth Asafo-Adjei

you know look at the way people are attacking clinton in this forum .all the worst words ir thrown at clinton but this same people go on say clinton is doing thr attack please don't fool yourself

April 22, 2008 08:33 pm at 8:33 pm |
  9. Fran Says

What experience???

Economy: She's $10 million in debt on her campaign now.

Foreign Affairs: Remember Bosnia?? Now . . . she wants to nuke Iran

Credibility – 67% of Democrats say she is un-trustworthy.

Thanks . . . but no thanks!!!

April 22, 2008 08:37 pm at 8:37 pm |
  10. Craig, Seattle, WA

Tell me EXACTLY what was unfair?... Obama is not God... does not walk on water. He is totally fair game. What is this, the Obama News Network???

April 22, 2008 08:38 pm at 8:38 pm |
  11. Craig, Seattle, WA

By the way, if Obama gets the nomination, I WILL VOTE FOR MCCAIN!

April 22, 2008 08:38 pm at 8:38 pm |
  12. Tracy

It's not *Going negative* to run adds pointing out Hillary's healthcare policy differences from Obama's and it's not *Going negative* to respond to Hillary's blatant lies. People, stop using the soundbites you hear or read and pay attention. Throwing out the tired sounbites show that you aren't paying attention. We need voters who educate themselves about the issues. That's why the Obama gets the educated voter's votes.

April 22, 2008 08:41 pm at 8:41 pm |
  13. Jane, NC

If people blame Sen. Clinton for unfair attacks, it's because the news media told them to. Remember Obama's misleading health care ad, the first of such negative attacks?

April 22, 2008 08:44 pm at 8:44 pm |
  14. Nellie

Amen, Ruby, Amen, Amen!

April 22, 2008 08:46 pm at 8:46 pm |
  15. manny

and if Clinton gets the nomination, not only will I vote for McCain, I campaign for him.

April 22, 2008 08:46 pm at 8:46 pm |
  16. JC

That's a scary face. Why is she so bitter about everything?

I would not want to vote for anybody that wants to be president so she can get back at those that mistreated her.

Hillary doesn't realize that the people around her are the mirror image of who she is.

April 22, 2008 08:48 pm at 8:48 pm |
  17. DobyGS

If Hillary wins, I will vote for McCain. The rethuglicans have already won this election.

April 22, 2008 08:48 pm at 8:48 pm |
  18. Rosemarty Takeda

I have to say that Richard had it all wrong, because of age and race and gender and education for that matter. He stated that you had to be poor and under educated and a black male to vote for Obama. How racist is that? I am sorry to tell him that I am a white 50 year old female, educator and teacher and a well off business owner that is voting for Obama. Never under estimate the power of the Hippy. We all voted for years for Ralph Nader (oh my GOSH) We are still out there voting with our hearts for America. I have been every color of the ballot with parties. I don't have a problem with changing colors to vote for the best canidate. Hillary just is not exceptable and neither is Mc Cain. I love Obama and what he stands for. I hope we have him for eight years for my son who is 12 to grown up. I would hate to have him grow up under the regime of Hillary or Mc Cain, because we will all be seeing our kids go to war. I am anti politics but this is the first election that I cared enough about it to watch the CNN news every minute to see who is in the lead. Go figure. The Old Hippies are still voting Richard.

April 22, 2008 08:52 pm at 8:52 pm |
  19. Newman

If the 67% figure is indeed true, then I would expect nothing less than a 67 to 33 win for Obama. So either this poll is inaccurate or there are alot of stupid, foolish people that would vote for her even though they don't trust her. We have a long way to go in election politics.

April 22, 2008 08:52 pm at 8:52 pm |
  20. Matthew

Clinton and Obama may have similar policies however they are two very different people.

After suffering through the Dubbya it would be nice to have a President I would be proud to have represent the American Nation i.e. not someone as petty, isolating and nasty as Hillary Clinton. Please America lets use some common sense and elect someone with some common decency!

April 22, 2008 09:00 pm at 9:00 pm |
  21. Cali Girl

Obama is the right man for the job the Bush family had the White House for sixteen years and the Clintons for eight. Please don't get me wrong I am a big fan of Bill Clinton, Hillary I am not so sure of.People are looking for a change . I know I am. I would love for a woman to be President of the United States But I just don't think this is the time for a woman President. People are looking for HOPE and CHANGE. A chance for everyone to be able to live the American Dream. When are in a state of emergency .We need someone in office who other people in other countries would be willing to talk too.America is falling second to other countries right now.

April 22, 2008 09:05 pm at 9:05 pm |
  22. mamacoo

No Alex, how about Obama and the media setting this up. Senator Clinton has every right to stay in this race. Obama can not close the deal. At this point, neither one of them have enough delagates to win the nomination. Why does Obama and his fans think he should just be given the nomination? Senator Clinton has as much of a right to stay in the race as Obama. She obviously has many supporters who feel she is the best candidate. Let it play out and see what happens. Obama fans, try to get a grip and face reality. Obama is in a competition and it ain't over.

April 22, 2008 09:19 pm at 9:19 pm |
  23. JC

As similar as their policies may be, I just CAN'T vote for a canidate that pushes for Universal Healthcare. Fact is, it isn't as good an idea as most people would like to believe... Thus my reasoning is, while I hope for Obama -who is looking to reform healthcare rather than entirely rebuild it- I will vote for McCain over Hillary...

April 22, 2008 09:21 pm at 9:21 pm |
  24. Toshia

As long as Hillary keep playing negative ads, lying and destroying the character of our Democratic Party, I will NOT vote for her in the presidential election. I've never voted Republican, in my life, but she will make me seriously consider it; or not vote at all. I'm not the only person who feels this way, as I discuss this with family, co-workers, and church members.

Richmond, Texas

April 22, 2008 09:43 pm at 9:43 pm |
  25. Joann

Well the white girl has cried again, only this time it was a black man so to speak she was crying fowl against it was one of her own that she blamed fir stealing her and billy bob's rightful place in the white house. SHAME ON YOU OBAMA. hehehe Sen. Obama is her white brother that was disowned because his daddy was a black man and we all no that this is something that our old white family member don't want to own up to. So they voted for the liar and she won.

April 22, 2008 10:03 pm at 10:03 pm |