April 22nd, 2008

Exit polls: College grads help Obama in PA

College graduates supported Obama in Pennsylvania's primary Tuesday.
College graduates supported Obama in Pennsylvania's primary Tuesday.

(CNN) - While Clinton has won the state of Pennsylvania, it appears she won't win it by as wide a margin as she did Ohio.

One reason for this appears to be the fact that the Democratic electorate in Pennsylvania includes more college-educated voters - a voting bloc that has reliably supported Obama.

In Ohio, only 38 percent of Democratic voters had a college degree - in Pennsylvania, 46 percent did.

1. CitizenS

Yeah, Bill will be your next president. The antichrist himself. Well, you just may get what you ask for.

April 23, 2008 12:17 am at 12:17 am |
  2. MR

Hillary still won among college students in PA by about 10%. Not sure if they included that in this story. Anyway, I will not diminish Hillary's win. A win IS a win, and in a large state, like PA, a 10% lead is a big deal.

Hillary '08 – The only, and right choice!!!!

April 23, 2008 12:18 am at 12:18 am |
  3. Chris in Va.

Laura dear, someone has been lying to you, can't you see that? Hillary Clinton has not changed one bit since she was in the White House. This person stole YOUR property when she left and forced the Secret Service to ask for it back!, and you think she cares for your well being?

April 23, 2008 12:25 am at 12:25 am |
  4. Gary

Pollster: "uh, hello. Are you a supporter of Hillary Clinton?"
    Voter: "Yes I am."

Pollster: "Do you think the math adds up for her to have any chance of securing the nomination?"
    Voter: "Yes, I do."

Pollster checks the "uneducated" box.

April 23, 2008 12:28 am at 12:28 am |
  5. Ophelia/FL

I live in Florida, I didn't vote in the primary,because I knew the rules. Hillary DID NOT WIN FLORIDA!!! We need someone we can trust.(OBAMA) or my family, friends, & I will stay home in November!!! Her day's are numbered By Billary...

April 23, 2008 12:31 am at 12:31 am |
  6. Ophelia/FL

I am American and so tired of struggling, and Hillary has no idea I exist, nor does she care. 32, female married,NO COLLEGE!

April 23, 2008 12:42 am at 12:42 am |
  7. NANCY

Gee, I wonder why!

April 23, 2008 12:44 am at 12:44 am |
  8. NickNas

HMMMM Educated people chose Obama AGAIN! Pattern?

April 23, 2008 12:45 am at 12:45 am |
  9. Kentucky

II was Senator Clinton I would not be so happy – she began in PA with a 20 point spread and instead of enhancing her points she allowed Senator Obama to come within give or take 10 points. I know that if she is the Dem candidate I will not be voting in November. I cannot believe that the people are willing to endure another four years of a President being in court – Paul vs Clinton Trail.
    Oh well give some people enough rope and they will hang themselves-the economy will not improve overnight with Hillary, the war will not end in six months. Instead the war will continue and the cost to live will continue to increase.

April 23, 2008 12:48 am at 12:48 am |
  10. elaine

THIS IS ANOTHER REASON WHY ONE SHOULD GET A COLLEGE EDUCATION. ANYONE WHO HAS ANY COMMON SENSE WOULD SEE RIGHT THROUGH HILLIARY AND NOT BUY INTO HER NEGATIVE CAMPAIGNING AND WOULD BE ABLE TO SORT THROUGH THE LIES.

April 23, 2008 12:48 am at 12:48 am |
  11. FrankSmith

Wow, I guess Hillary's folks are managing the blog this evening; can't afford to expose a fraud!

April 23, 2008 12:48 am at 12:48 am |
  12. Democrat08

Only place for Clinton now is to join republicans and be the VP nominee for John McCain-her dream will be fulfilled-not with democrats-a highly respectable party which she is putting lots of dirt!
    Obama is the nominee now!

April 23, 2008 01:11 am at 1:11 am |
  13. JSC

With regard to the brief story above that so many are basing their comments on – "College grads help Obama in PA," the actual exit poll data showed 49% of people with college degrees voted for Clinton, 51% for Obama (CNN, do your homework!). Aside from the fact it's irrelevant, statistically and otherwise, the other interesting data point is this:

51% of people with advanced degrees voted for Clinton, 49% voted for Obama.

So, I guess we can conclude the really smart people voted for Clinton.

April 23, 2008 01:12 am at 1:12 am |
  14. Hillary Supporter

I am a Hillary supporter and proud of it. Yes, demographically, educated people are leaning towards Obama; however, that does not automatically mean that if you are not educated, you are supporting the other candidate. Let's think critically and stop slamming people. I am educated, but do not see the need to flash credentials.

Congratulations to Hillary on a great win in PA!

April 23, 2008 01:13 am at 1:13 am |
  15. Sherri

Such incredible arrogance I see among the Hillary supporters. It troubles me to see how little they have explored Barack Obama. This man has worked hard for 25 years...and they reduce that experience to zero. It is incredibly short sighted.

Obama is not only supported by the young. He is supported by the educated. He is supported by a cross section of Americans never pulled together as such before this election.

I have had my fill of the sexist nonsense that pressures me to vote for Hillary because I am a woman. I'm the same age as Barack Obama. I have worked 25 years. I have been married for 27 years. I am well educated and employed professionally. I am female, white and fully vested in the women's movement. The only rational vote for me is Barack Obama.

I worked long and hard for equality. That means I will choose based upon character and core values. Barack Obama's more closely matches mine. Hillary has become an embarrasment for strong women of all ages.

April 23, 2008 01:18 am at 1:18 am |
  16. vera

Hey surly scholar guess your words are what cause your candidate to lose I have a high school education but unlike the younger generation we actually had to learn before we were graduated to the real world . There is book sense and common sense I would much rather have the latter than the former. I never blog as you call it and I didn't care which dem won until I started to read the views of the obama followers you are like a cult and you have no courtesy in your disscussions who wants to join such people as you ? You are thugs, and racists. You make no real american feel good about having you in our party.

April 23, 2008 01:25 am at 1:25 am |
  17. Rachel

It's really strange that the polls had Hillary up 20% a few weeks ago and all the pundits said she had to win by a huge margine. Obaama took l0% of that 20% and CNN says "What a Victory". Good by CNN.

April 23, 2008 01:26 am at 1:26 am |
  18. Jean

I thought college grads like myself use their brains to think; then decide with their hearts. That is not what I've seen in these primaries.

April 23, 2008 01:32 am at 1:32 am |
  19. A4Obama

Okay PA kids...5 reasons why you need to stay in school?

1) Get a college Degree, you may learn to add numbers
    2) Get a decent well paying job..."Bucket Lunch" gets old
    3) Think for yourself inspite of what the Clintons tell you
    4) Get over old racial attitudes...educated folks tend to do
    5) Understand the need to vote your "hopes" not "fears"

I propose free adult education for these "Bucket Lunch" democrats. America may have some a chance to redeem herself if you can get these 62% ad 54% voters in OH and PA to think for themselves instead of relying on Bill and Hillary to think for them. This is not a laughing matter!

April 23, 2008 01:32 am at 1:32 am |
  20. Dennis, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

What do you mean she didn't win as much as she did in Ohio? She got 55%, more then she did with her 54% Ohio victory!!!! GO HILLARY, we are so proud of you for winning our great state and fighting on!

April 23, 2008 01:35 am at 1:35 am |
  21. GREG IN NY

Kinda says it all that worldly educated voters who embrace ideas choose Obama by a wide margin. And comparatively ignorant cheap-beer-head schlubs choose Clinton. May our better selves prevail. And while Clinton hoots and hollers about her victory, we all know it was a weak last victory of a battle, that will not change the outcome of the war. Clinton supporters, get over your stubborn emotional investments. Hillary has lost. You will NOT pull a surprise upset. You will NOT pull this out of the fire. You are only throwing good donation money after bad. Get out of ra-ra land, and return to reason and honor. Realize that, in fact, Hillary lost somewhere between Wisconsin and Texas.

April 23, 2008 01:35 am at 1:35 am |
  22. Charlotte

Congratulations to Senator Clinton! But, I must say "this is still not a victory because she only received 52 pledged delegates to Senator Obama's 47″. This win told the world "she needs to be on the winning ticket as Vice President", but, she is not the front runner and it is impossible for her to be.

If she does not accept being on the ticket as Vice President, she is definitely out to destroy the reputation of Senator Obama and the Democratic party. In playing "Russian Rulette", she could also damage her name with the Democratics going forward.

Obama, Mr. President, and Hillary, Vice President 08 – WE CAN NOT LOOSE WITH THIS TICKET!!!

Listen to yourselves, "WE ALL SOUND SILLY BECAUSE WE ARE APART OF THE SAME TEAM"! WE ACT LIKE IT IS THE REPUBLICANS AGAINST THE DEMOCRATS – WHATEVER HAPPEN TO BATTLING SENATOR MCCAIN, ISN'T HE THE ONE WE ARE RUNNING AGAINST!!?? THIS IS TERRIBLE – THIS RACE IS A TYPICAL MAN VERSUS WOMAN ARGUMENT AND BLACK VERSUS WHITE – IT'S DISGUSTING!!!

April 23, 2008 01:44 am at 1:44 am |
  23. Dallas

I am in med school right now, and can tell your there are A LOT of educated people that support Hillary.
    If Obama is the nominee then the Dems will lose.
    Dukakis, Gore, Kerry, Obama doesn't this party every learn? You know the definition of insanity is repeating the same behavior and expecting a different result.
    He won't win Ohio, Florida, or even PA in the fall so if we want to win why would we nominate him?

April 23, 2008 01:45 am at 1:45 am |
  24. Seattle Voter

I have a college degree, I'm employed, and own a small business. I also have two employees and I also support Hillary. People who are insulting less educated voters should be ashame. Not all educated people are smart because they have no common sense. Some of them only believe what they read in the book. I know people who don't have college degrees makes more money than people with two masters degree! So don't be fools!

Woman should be supporting Hillary because she is a mother and a professional. She knows it's difficult juggling work and family. Mothers still take care of their families even though they're sick. But in contrary, a lot of woman hate Hillary. I wonder what Hillary did to them personally.

April 23, 2008 01:46 am at 1:46 am |