April 23rd, 2008

Clinton 'on track' to raise $10 million in 24 hours

The Clinton campaign is reporting a very successful fundraising day.
The Clinton campaign is reporting a very successful fundraising day.

(CNN) - Hillary Clinton's campaign says it is on track to raise $10 million online in the 24 hours since the Pennsylvania primary results were announced.

"Senator Clinton's game-changing victory last night has turned the tide and resulted in an historic outpouring of grassroots support," Clinton Campaign Chairman Terry McAuliffe said in a statement. "Just like Hillary, our supporters have met every challenge and come through each time. Thanks to them, we will have the resources needed to compete and win as we move ahead to the next contests."

The campaign also said over 60,000 donors - 50,000 of them new - have given money to Clinton from Tuesday night through noon Wednesday.

Filed under: Hillary Clinton
  1. AKRON, OHIO OBOMA SUPPORTER

HILLARY ITS AMOST

April 23, 2008 06:59 pm at 6:59 pm |
  2. SueB

Forgive me if I don't believe the Clinton campaign–for anyone just getting back from their vacation on Mars: The Clinton's LIE!!!!!

April 23, 2008 06:59 pm at 6:59 pm |
  3. Sam

Go McCain go !!!!! If Hillary is the nominee, I am switching to being a republican, I would rather tolerate McCain then to tolerate Hillary !!!

April 23, 2008 07:00 pm at 7:00 pm |
  4. ted

Donations to Hillary are donations to split the party.

Congrats Hillary supporters – every day you remain in the race is another day you support the GOP machine.

Losers

April 23, 2008 07:01 pm at 7:01 pm |
  5. Darth Billary

Hilliary is BROKE

Correction...her campaign is BROKE. If, IF she raises 10M she should pay off her debts.

Hillary is a LIAR and she has already lost.

Scoreboard!!!!

April 23, 2008 07:02 pm at 7:02 pm |
  6. Dal

If she can't manage her own campaign finances HOW CAN SHE MANAGE THE US ECONOMY?

April 23, 2008 07:02 pm at 7:02 pm |
  7. LW

Just keep giving your hard-earned money to this woman. Did you forget that she and Bill have made over $109m since leaving office? And Bill just organized a trade agreement w/Columbia that gave him another hefty sum. What anyone sees in this pair, I can't imagine. They both stare straight @ you and tell a bold-faced lie. As for the former Pres., there are many serving prison terms for lying under oathe, like in the Lewinsky investigation. He was impeached and w/in a few votes of being thrown out of office! Yet he is a "rock star" for the Democratic party? BTW, I'm one of those white, female, single over 60 voters, who for the first time will be voting for Sen. Obama. That is, if Bill & Hillary don't figure out how to change the rules in their favor!

April 23, 2008 07:03 pm at 7:03 pm |
  8. karen charlottesville, va

Glad she got the dough. Maybe she'll pay her bills now.

April 23, 2008 07:04 pm at 7:04 pm |
  9. Isabeau

I just want to say that it gives me hope to see that not all of the elderly (myself included) have been taken in by Hillary's tactics. She has the audacity to accuse Senator Obama of a negative campaign when he said he wanted to run a positive one.. yet she has never stopped throwing stones and piling on the lies and ripping apart a goo person... for HER glory, she and husband Bill want to get back into the White House. Not for the people, but for their own pride. Today I am looking at a man who for the first time since JFK actually inspires and promotes hope and change. I believe a piece of our country died with President Kennedy, and now it is seeing some new light and that is not coming from another 4 years of Clinton/Bush government. Obama has strengths and the heart, and faith in America that we can be great again. Even the Brits only see Obama as a contender, the whole world will be affected by our choice. Our only choice to make our country the nation it once was is to join forces with a man who wants this to be OF THE PEOPLE, BY THE PEOPLE AND FOR THE PEOPLE... not another Clinton or McBush who wants to be the King instead of the President.. oops sorry Hillary.. the Queen. Even though you are trying to act like you will be the man of the House!

April 23, 2008 07:04 pm at 7:04 pm |
  10. Bridgette

She is such a liar that I just don't believe it. I don't believe she has that money. She can't manage her campaign and she has definately proved that she can't budget money. Where is all of this experience she has because it is not showing in this campaign.

April 23, 2008 07:05 pm at 7:05 pm |
  11. Bryce K. Dixon

Do I hear and or see sour grapes, with all his money and the media in his cheering section, and the obamamites invading the nation and the web, the real question is why does she keep winning? and if you think "calling us racist and bitter and all manner of evil is going to get us to support obama, i don't think so....
    I hope he and his supporters don't come to us in November, if he sould wins and ask for our votes... I know you won't get mine. I guess we will just have to see what the MAC as to offer.
    The majjority of democrats are for Hillary, I hope your independents and cross-over repulicans spoilers, show up in November.... without all the Hillary supporters you all don't stand a chance against the Republicans.... so now there now.

How you doing?

Hillary or Die 08

April 23, 2008 07:07 pm at 7:07 pm |
  12. Bh In Phoenix

She got more money, Obama got more Superelegates! Money is not going to make up the delegate lead. Let's end this madness.

April 23, 2008 07:07 pm at 7:07 pm |