April 23rd, 2008

Clinton 'on track' to raise $10 million in 24 hours

The Clinton campaign is reporting a very successful fundraising day.
The Clinton campaign is reporting a very successful fundraising day.

(CNN) - Hillary Clinton's campaign says it is on track to raise $10 million online in the 24 hours since the Pennsylvania primary results were announced.

"Senator Clinton's game-changing victory last night has turned the tide and resulted in an historic outpouring of grassroots support," Clinton Campaign Chairman Terry McAuliffe said in a statement. "Just like Hillary, our supporters have met every challenge and come through each time. Thanks to them, we will have the resources needed to compete and win as we move ahead to the next contests."

The campaign also said over 60,000 donors - 50,000 of them new - have given money to Clinton from Tuesday night through noon Wednesday.

Filed under: Hillary Clinton
  1. Nelson

Hopefully she will finally find the decently to pay those vendors that she's been ignoring for all these months.

April 23, 2008 05:20 pm at 5:20 pm |
  2. tiddle

Yep – I'm one of those who contributed again late last night after the poll closed. I had wanted to do so sooner, but now is definitely the time. And I'll go to the max, if that is what it takes for Clinton to be the nominee, and to win in Nov.

Go for it, Hillary. You can do it. (The nay-sayers are just sucker-losers.)

April 23, 2008 05:20 pm at 5:20 pm |
  3. Josh, LA

They can raise $1 trillion and be still in debt. If Hillary CANNOT run a debt-free campaign, how can she rule our nation economically?. Obama has shown that he has the administrative judgement to run this country.
    The President-in-waiting is OBAMA!

April 23, 2008 05:21 pm at 5:21 pm |
  4. honesty

And I will donate again, and again, and again.
    She is the one not only with the experience but the guts the grit the stamina, the brains to turn our mess around.
    No time to waste to give to this novice with good oratory (when scripted) and a thin resume who will spend his term trying to please everyone from the left and dance around important issues without real committment and conviction (did he not stay in a church with a racist pastor for 20 years!!! where is his judgment????).

"Let substance prevail".......

April 23, 2008 05:21 pm at 5:21 pm |
  5. Joe in Vermont (Exiled Hoosier)

Maybe she'll pay her small vendors now. How about Penn and the other consultants? How about her loan?

They always put this stuff out and then the reporting period comes (next one is after IN and NC) and, presto, no dough, no go!

Like Bill's denial of accusing Obama of "race baiting" caught on tape, even though I'm not from Missouri, "Show Me".

April 23, 2008 05:21 pm at 5:21 pm |
  6. Mel

They don't know how much Obama supporters are refunding his campaign again and again, I bet, Obama will get twice as she got in month of April. For example Personally I've donated twice in a day for Obama, Reason,
    I believe on the kind of change which Obama will bring
    2, it's anti-Clinton.

She has no credibility to be president of USA. Let she step aside, the money which she got may help her to pay her debt.

Obama '08 and '12

April 23, 2008 05:21 pm at 5:21 pm |
  7. Marc

I love watching all the Obama drones clamoring for any negative rumor to do damage control.

Bottomline: Obama is leaking badly and as a General Election candidate is DOA.

April 23, 2008 05:22 pm at 5:22 pm |
  8. Terri Patanus

HILLARY You are the better person for the job!

I am not looking for a kum by ya person!

This is tough times today and we need a tough person!

Roll up your sleves Hillary and get Dirty!

You will WIN

HILLARY OR MCCAIN OBAMA IS NOT EVEN AN OPTION FOR ME AND THE PEOPLE I KNOW.

April 23, 2008 05:22 pm at 5:22 pm |
  9. Fedia

Hillary for Nomination, Bill for President......Go Barack

April 23, 2008 05:22 pm at 5:22 pm |
  10. Terri Patanus

HOW MUCH OF YOUR MONEY DID OBAMA WASTE IN PENN???

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHA!

April 23, 2008 05:23 pm at 5:23 pm |
  11. cathy

Hillary has what it takes to really change the mess that Bush has created. Go Hillary! I'm in your corner all the way.

April 23, 2008 05:23 pm at 5:23 pm |
  12. Teresa of Newport Bch

The 24 hour, $10 million trick is for the unpaid bills she has made. People will you wake up. She's broke...if you all are going give $10 million make sure it goes to something useful and not to pay HRC/Bill personal debt.

I want a President who can manage their own expenses nto take my donations and squander it towards....whatever they want. I've made my choice. I will vote for the winning candidate with most delegate, popular vote and the one who can inspiring me and my family. Not look down me because I am different.

Go Obama 08'

April 23, 2008 05:23 pm at 5:23 pm |
  13. Offbeatrock

Hillary's campaign is full of liars. Who would believe that they raised 10 million in 24 hours. Come on, this was not an unexpected victory margin. By the way, they are hurting their own cause by making these false claims.

April 23, 2008 05:23 pm at 5:23 pm |
  14. Kevin

By the way, to the person that commented about Clinton "winning the popular vote", that includes FL and MI where the votes have been declared to be not eligible by ALL of the candidates back in October. So, you want to claim disenfranchising of the voters? How about all the hundreds of thousands that voted in caucuses that aren't counted towards the popular vote. Should they count? If so, the estimate is that this would give Obama a net of several hundred thousand votes. Now, how about MI. His name wasn't on the ballot, just as the DNC had requested, though conveniently Clinton forgot to have hers removed. So, she thinks it's a swell idea to count the votes for her from MI and none for Obama. Even just giving him the undeclared nets another several hundred thousand votes. All of a sudden she's back down by half a million votes. Isn't fact-based math fun...

April 23, 2008 05:23 pm at 5:23 pm |
  15. WIN, WIN, WIN,

HILLARY WILL NOT WIN CALIFORNIA IN GENERAL ELECTION!

CALIFORNIA CANNOT TRUST HILLARY CLINTON!!!

California has several independent voters.

We will not vote for John McCain.

OBAMA FOR PRESIDENT

April 23, 2008 05:23 pm at 5:23 pm |
  16. Allison Marie

Go Hillary go! Love YOU, I sent money, & will keep it coming.

Clinton 08/12

Uncounted in Floirda

April 23, 2008 05:24 pm at 5:24 pm |
  17. Getting tired of this

The funny thing is that this will just barely cover her debt – she had $1million debt in April BEFORE all the spending she had to do in PA.

April 23, 2008 05:24 pm at 5:24 pm |
  18. Greg

GO DUMMIECARTS GIVE HER MONEY SO SHE CAN PAY OFF HER DEBT, THEN JUST MAYBE ALL YOU LOSER CAN START A FUND TO BAIL HER OUT AT THE END.

QUESTION DID ALL OF THAT MONEY THAT THEY RASIE FOR BILL'S LAWYERS DID THE LAWYERS GET PAID YOUR DID IT GO IN THEIR BANK ACCOUNT,AND IF IT DID THEN DID THEY PAY TAXES ON IT OR GIVE IT BACK TOO THE LOSER WHO BELIVE THEM.

April 23, 2008 05:24 pm at 5:24 pm |
  19. Maria

The name calling and imaturity of the obama supporters is revolting – calling Hillary supporters stupid, racist and using demeaning terms to discribe a current sitting US Senator is really quite sad- The real negativity in this campaign I feel comes from the Obama supporters – I wonder why the people who supposedly support change in politics think what they say on-line is not part of the problem?

April 23, 2008 05:24 pm at 5:24 pm |
  20. sharon

Poor Obama he couldn't even BUY a win in Penn....I could care less how much he can raise in campaign funds...my concern is who will do the best for this wonderful country we live in. Clinton has my vote and if not Clinton I will change my vote to McCain.

April 23, 2008 05:24 pm at 5:24 pm |
  21. greenfun

Wow!!!! Just imagine how much Clinton can win by if the financial playing field is leveled. Gosh-I can't wait to find out. Time to make another donation.

April 23, 2008 05:25 pm at 5:25 pm |
  22. John

Debbie.NJ. Is that true,or just a figment of imagination?Can you back your statement with facts and evidence?If so prove it publicly.

April 23, 2008 05:25 pm at 5:25 pm |
  23. Joshua College Station Texas

I like how you guys aren't posting my longer contemplative entries, only a few of my short bitter sound bites. I have posted under nearly every Ticker article today, on nearly every subject, responding with thoughtfulness. I've noticed that immediately after I post now, comments are being closed for that article, with the statement, "your comments are being reviewed". Maybe my words are ringing too truly? Or maybe I am too educated and informed, and you're worried I'll make you look bad?

Maybe you're wondering how I'm posting so many posts? Am I an Obamacrat staffer or a whole team of them posting under a single email address?

Nope, I'm just a white 31-year-old grad student male at home studying for finals on a Wednesday. I like the Ticker, and after last night, I'm steamed.

April 23, 2008 05:25 pm at 5:25 pm |
  24. 2Nurselady

Making another contribution now. I think I'm on a roll... :)

April 23, 2008 05:25 pm at 5:25 pm |
  25. Offbeatrock

The figure is probably 10,000. Someone from Hillary's campaign misspoke because they are sleep deprived

April 23, 2008 05:26 pm at 5:26 pm |