April 23rd, 2008

Clinton 'on track' to raise $10 million in 24 hours

The Clinton campaign is reporting a very successful fundraising day.
The Clinton campaign is reporting a very successful fundraising day.

(CNN) - Hillary Clinton's campaign says it is on track to raise $10 million online in the 24 hours since the Pennsylvania primary results were announced.

"Senator Clinton's game-changing victory last night has turned the tide and resulted in an historic outpouring of grassroots support," Clinton Campaign Chairman Terry McAuliffe said in a statement. "Just like Hillary, our supporters have met every challenge and come through each time. Thanks to them, we will have the resources needed to compete and win as we move ahead to the next contests."

The campaign also said over 60,000 donors - 50,000 of them new - have given money to Clinton from Tuesday night through noon Wednesday.

Filed under: Hillary Clinton
  1. Nanc, MN

WOW – Amazing amount of outrage and viciousness from Obamabots today. Just when you all think it's all tied up with a nice bow, Hillary comes back and kicks you in the shins again. Thanks for giving me a good giggle.

April 23, 2008 05:56 pm at 5:56 pm |
  2. Anonymous

GO HILLARY!!!! She is BY FAR the best candidate. She is brighter, more capable, more well spoken, more seasoned, and more ready for the job. Obama has such a HUGE ego that he can't take the VP slot for the good of the democratic party. He has a perfect opportunity to get the experience necessary to be more than a bunch of hot air, and refuses to take it because of his pride. He is absolutely lying when he says he is still in it for the good of the party. He is in it because he wants to be president, at any cost.

April 23, 2008 05:57 pm at 5:57 pm |
  3. Macie

OBAMA OBAMA

April 23, 2008 05:57 pm at 5:57 pm |
  4. Foreign observer

I wonder why her industrial lobby is not donnating her even more money. Now it´s the timepoint to manipulate the puppet who when she´s in the White House will dance to the lobbyists music. Obviously they´re still not sure !!!

April 23, 2008 05:58 pm at 5:58 pm |
  5. mjaber

It's a one day thing, and it will slow down....

April 23, 2008 05:59 pm at 5:59 pm |
  6. akaDoug

Good! Now maybe she can pay some of her bills or will she choose to pay herself back first! Doesn't matter, Obama will win this election either in 2 weeks or 2 months and then Hillary and Bill can go back to whatever state they now call home! Can't happen soon enough!

End the drama, Vote Obama!

April 23, 2008 05:59 pm at 5:59 pm |
  7. Coporate headquarters

I'm so happy she's back in the campaign! I just donated 350,000 dollars to her!

Sincerely,
    Monsanto Industries

April 23, 2008 05:59 pm at 5:59 pm |
  8. Ray in JAX

Is the liar telling the truth? or is the old hag really white trailer trash begging for money... Funny thing is Obama never has to beg for money. lol!!! The old bat is done!

April 23, 2008 05:59 pm at 5:59 pm |
  9. Cindy in California

How is she going to keep our country out of debt when she can't even keep her campaign out of debt?

April 23, 2008 06:00 pm at 6:00 pm |
  10. Bayou Joe

Perri thank you for your input. If you don't recognize the Democratic party you grew up with that is because it is not your party anymore.
    The radicals have taken over. Let's all switch to McCain in the Fall.

April 23, 2008 06:00 pm at 6:00 pm |
  11. Sue

What a joke! Don't throw your money away.

April 23, 2008 06:01 pm at 6:01 pm |
  12. John, TX

As an independent... My choice is between Hillary and McCain... if the Dems pick Obama, they are going to make my choice easy!

April 23, 2008 06:01 pm at 6:01 pm |
  13. Red Dog from ND but now in Floida

yeah right, she can even riase bill, that's why he cheats

April 23, 2008 06:01 pm at 6:01 pm |
  14. Yes She Will

Why you people are so bitter and hateful. You don't even know Senator Hillary other than through biased media information. Both Senators deserve respect. These two (three) people I think genuinely are trying to serve our country. They don't deserve these stupid outrage from the people they try to serve. I admire their courage and dedication. I know for sure that can 't handle this kind pressure if I am in their shoes. I am sure all you bloggers can't either.

May the best person wins!!

April 23, 2008 06:01 pm at 6:01 pm |
  15. Ryan, New York, NY

Keep dumping your money down the drain, people.

I wonder if the same people donating are the same ones playing the lottery, because they're using the same "tax on mathematically challenged" logic to spend money on impossible odds of winning.

The only way Hillary pulls this off is by changing the rules originally set out by the DNC. Back when she was the inveitable nominee, she didn't care about these rules that suddenly are so important. She didn't care that states weren't "winner take all," now she wants to claim that if they were, she'd be winning.

Please drop out for the good of the party, and while you're at it, don't bother to run for the Senate in my state again.

April 23, 2008 06:02 pm at 6:02 pm |
  16. Lawrence for barack

just to let you guys know, she cant beat BARACK OBAMA sorry!

April 23, 2008 06:02 pm at 6:02 pm |
  17. Kathleen

Let's change the rules again, just so that I can win. You all know that I deserve it. It's mine. No one can have it. Give it to me.

April 23, 2008 06:02 pm at 6:02 pm |
  18. RC - Md

I am a Obama supporter and if the DNC take the nomination away from Senator Obama , I will not support the democratic party. This is not an emotional statement. If Senator Clinton had run a positive campaign and had the pledged delegates and popular votes required , then I would have supported her.

It bothers me that she lied about being under sniper fire in Bosnia and it was all a lie. She continues to be devisive. Kitchen sink, and wink wink.

Why isn't the media asking for the Clintons 2007 income taxes(where funds come from) .

I WILL NOT VOTE FOR HER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

April 23, 2008 06:04 pm at 6:04 pm |
  19. Cathy

Elizabeth you should show more respect for older people. Is this how you talk to your parents or grand parents.

April 23, 2008 06:05 pm at 6:05 pm |
  20. akaDoug

Too bad she is still behind in delegates, the popular vote, the number of states won, as well as money raised... But she's so much closer, those 12 delegates only make her 130 behind...all she needs to do is have 11 more Pennsylvania's and she'll be ahead:)

Go Obama!

April 23, 2008 06:06 pm at 6:06 pm |
  21. Peter, Houston Tx

If she can raise $10 million in 24 hours, why is her campaign neck deep in debt? She's going to sink even lower in Indiana with her dirty tactics. I can't wait for the mug slinging to begin even though I know Obama will prevail in the end.

April 23, 2008 06:06 pm at 6:06 pm |
  22. Hillary...2nd place isn't the end of the world.

Well they should raise 10 million, seeming that Obama's planned work..him out spending her causing her to go bankrupt...genius...

Spin that hillary supporters!
    ha ha ha

April 23, 2008 06:07 pm at 6:07 pm |
  23. EG FROM TORONTO

GOD BLESS YOU PERRY NATALIZIO, FOR TELLING IT LIKE IT IS.I DO BELIEVE HILLARY CLINTON APPEALS TO THE SINISTER ELEMENT OF OUR SOCIETY, MEAN SPIRITED, CHEATING, CUT THROAT OPPORTUNISTS,... PEOPLE WHO CAN'T THINK FOR THEMSELVES AND INTELLIGENTLY DIGEST THE FACTS, BUT RATHER HAVE SOMEONE FEED THEM PAP AND ENJOY IT, BECAUSE SOMEONE SAYS IT'S REALLY CAVIAR.

April 23, 2008 06:07 pm at 6:07 pm |
  24. Chris N in PA

Big deal!!! LOL.

April 23, 2008 06:07 pm at 6:07 pm |
  25. Thompson

Good, because she will need it. Maybe she can increase her attacks on Obama. I like Hillary, but supporting Obama. I just hope she can convince her supporters to vote in November for Obama. I'm afraid Hillary has created such a division that it will cause and migration of Clinton loyalties to the GOP. It's a shame that she has caused such decisiveness in the DEM party that it will hurt our chances to win the November election.

April 23, 2008 06:08 pm at 6:08 pm |