April 23rd, 2008

Clinton 'on track' to raise $10 million in 24 hours

The Clinton campaign is reporting a very successful fundraising day.
The Clinton campaign is reporting a very successful fundraising day.

(CNN) - Hillary Clinton's campaign says it is on track to raise $10 million online in the 24 hours since the Pennsylvania primary results were announced.

"Senator Clinton's game-changing victory last night has turned the tide and resulted in an historic outpouring of grassroots support," Clinton Campaign Chairman Terry McAuliffe said in a statement. "Just like Hillary, our supporters have met every challenge and come through each time. Thanks to them, we will have the resources needed to compete and win as we move ahead to the next contests."

The campaign also said over 60,000 donors - 50,000 of them new - have given money to Clinton from Tuesday night through noon Wednesday.

Filed under: Hillary Clinton
  1. Patrick

Does anyone realize the entire reason we had Bush for 8 years was because Bill Clinton helped to lose the faith and trust of the American Public? Oh how short term memories we have. Thanks to the Clintons for the past 8 years. It allowed Bush to run on a VALUES model and it worked. Thanks again Clintons.

April 23, 2008 06:09 pm at 6:09 pm |
  2. Patrick

Thanks to the Clintons for the past 8 years of Bush. Due to lying, Bush was able to run on the VALUES concept. Let's reward them!:)

April 23, 2008 06:10 pm at 6:10 pm |
  3. Chris N in PA

Perri Natalizo, I say amen to your submission . I am also catholic and they lie thatg we don,t support Obama.

CNN, you may or may not post this. It doesn't matter and it won't change a thing. He will be President.

April 23, 2008 06:11 pm at 6:11 pm |
  4. Deborah

CALLING ALL LIARS TO BAN TOGETHER FOR hillary rotten clinton

The American people are just sick and none thinkers which is why we go W Bush for 2 terms

Liars Liars Hillary's pantsuits are on fire

Give all your money to a liar

April 23, 2008 06:11 pm at 6:11 pm |
  5. Mike

Our family loves Hillary; and we trust her to be our next President.

April 23, 2008 06:11 pm at 6:11 pm |
  6. HH

Thats a small dent with all the debt you have.

People are stupid, I would not donate a nickel to her campaign.

I was FOR Hillary but I now see she cannot win. I hope more wake up like I did.

April 23, 2008 06:11 pm at 6:11 pm |
  7. Toby

10 million in 24 hours

April 23, 2008 06:12 pm at 6:12 pm |
  8. Donna

Just made my monthly donation to Obama.

April 23, 2008 06:13 pm at 6:13 pm |
  9. Mandy, California

Keep in mind, that Hillary will be involved in a lawsuit for fraud in volving her 2000 Senate campaign. I don't think she wll be available to campaign in teh General election.

She should jsut walk away!

The media is sitting on all the "stuff" they found rummaging around in her suitcase but are choosing not to use it. i don't know whether it is a power thing or they can't believe that Obama refuses to use it.

There is more to come...and with Hillary, there always will be more bad stuff to be found in her suitcase!

April 23, 2008 06:15 pm at 6:15 pm |
  10. Perrera Nazi

Perri has well said. I am a 80 year old male and I feel ashamed of Clinton trying to woo the old voters, rural voters, blue color voters, white voters, female voters, 45+ voters, below 100000 USD voters. Shameful that clinton is winning all these voters.

April 23, 2008 06:16 pm at 6:16 pm |
  11. Newman

After watching Obama hold Hillary to only an 8.6% edge last night, I donated $200 to Barack Obama's campaign today. I believe in Barack Obama!

April 23, 2008 06:16 pm at 6:16 pm |
  12. Lonnie H.

It's sad when racism plays a major role in primary and general elections. It's sad when 89% of blacks vote for Obama in PA; a large majority of them only doing so because he's black. And it's sad when Clinton gets support from racist individuals who will vote for Mickey Mouse to be president before they vote for Obama. And the elderly know that this election process really does not affect them as much as it does those in the younger generation, so they vote for the name their most familiar with. A large number of elderly individuals don't even pay attention to politics anymore. Sad indeed....

Lonnie H.- Toledo, OH.

April 23, 2008 06:17 pm at 6:17 pm |
  13. Perrera Nazi

CNN please post the comments of this 80 year old:

April 23, 2008 06:17 pm at 6:17 pm |
  14. Ben Gabson

What a disgusting couple. If her campaign is in financial straits and she claims to care so much about the ordinary people, for whom she has fought for through sniper fire and all, why couldn't she loan her campaign some of the millions she and Bill stole from third world countries like Columbia and Nigeria under the guise of speech honoraria?

April 23, 2008 06:18 pm at 6:18 pm |
  15. Hilary 4 President!

No wonder, HRC supporters will not support BHO if he were the nominee! You people are spiteful, slanderous and uninformed. I do pray that you will really look into your own candidate before you go bashing HRC. Ever heard about "getting informed?" Honestly, it really doesn't matter what anyone says in your eyes BHO is a saint! Talk about misleading America! HA!

April 23, 2008 06:18 pm at 6:18 pm |
  16. OC - CA - cubanamericanwoman

I too was a huge Clinton fan. I voted for Bill twice. Now, I wish I could take those votes back. I can't stand these people. Now I know why many of their past contiguants are not supporting them. They're selfish power starved people. What a shame for our Country. No wonder most other countries sees us as "biggots". We cannot elect someone that sincerely has his best interest at heart for America because of we fall for the dirty tricks and lies of his opponent. SAD.....VERY SAD...

I just donated $50.00 to OBAMA!

April 23, 2008 06:18 pm at 6:18 pm |
  17. mama4obama

From who?

Thats what I thought.

April 23, 2008 06:18 pm at 6:18 pm |
  18. gerard morei

Perri is time for you to retire.

April 23, 2008 06:18 pm at 6:18 pm |
  19. This Is What Counts

Clinton may have won PA, however 2 of every 3 states so far think Obama should be president instead of her. Big states or not, 66% is pretty decisive. Get lost Hillary.

April 23, 2008 06:20 pm at 6:20 pm |
  20. Fed up

Hillary should at least try to break even...........now when O'Bama is named the democratic nominee, maybe she won't still be in debt over a campaign run she lost. That would be real unfortunate.

But I would like to point out it makes zero sense to send money to a woman who is worth over 100 million but somehow 10 million in debt. Hillary supporters are bright!! I have swamp land in Florida I would be willing to part with............

April 23, 2008 06:21 pm at 6:21 pm |
  21. brainsplus

Hillary has the best results with the least amount of resources available, shows how great she is at understanding efficiencies ... thanks a trillion

April 23, 2008 06:22 pm at 6:22 pm |
  22. NObama

I donated more money to her campaign and so did a lot of people I know.

GO HILLARY!!!!!

HOOSIERS FOR HILLARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

April 23, 2008 06:22 pm at 6:22 pm |
  23. Incredulous

Like flushing money down the toilet.

April 23, 2008 06:23 pm at 6:23 pm |
  24. gary

ANGUS. YOUR JUST A CLINTON HATER,ANOTHER O.B. SUPPORTER. WHY DONT YOU GIVE CREDIT WHERE CREDIT IS DUE. IF HRC DOSNT GET THE NOMINEE ,I HOPE SHE WONT HELP YOUR ARROGANT CANIDATE.HE WILL GET BEAT BY THE REPUBLICANS. HRC IS HIS ONLY PRAYER HELPING HIM. I WOULDN'T AFTER ALL THE O.B. SUPPORTERS ,HATERS AND ARROGANT YOUNG VOTERS TRASHING HER THROUGH THIS RACE. WHAT COMES AROUND GOES AROUND.ALL YOU CLINTON HATERS ARE JUST LITTLE PEOPLE WITH THE MORTALITY OF THREE YR. OLDS. I HOPE HRC GOES INDEPENDANT AND HELPS THE REPUBLICANS. SHE HAS BEEN HERE FOR THE PEOPLE AND OUR COUNTRY TIME AFTER TIME. THIS IS THE RESPECT SHE GETS FROM YOU YOUNG PUNKS. YOUR CNAIDATE THINKS OF HIMSELF AND MAKING HISTORY. IT SHOWED ABOUT NEW ORLEANS. HE SURE WASNT THERE, AFTER GETTING THEIR VOTES. O.B. IS ONE BIG JOKE. GO HRC.

April 23, 2008 06:23 pm at 6:23 pm |
  25. Sonal

Obama supporters cannot stand competetion...get over yourselves

April 23, 2008 06:23 pm at 6:23 pm |