(CNN) - Hillary Clinton's campaign says it is on track to raise $10 million online in the 24 hours since the Pennsylvania primary results were announced.
"Senator Clinton's game-changing victory last night has turned the tide and resulted in an historic outpouring of grassroots support," Clinton Campaign Chairman Terry McAuliffe said in a statement. "Just like Hillary, our supporters have met every challenge and come through each time. Thanks to them, we will have the resources needed to compete and win as we move ahead to the next contests."
The campaign also said over 60,000 donors - 50,000 of them new - have given money to Clinton from Tuesday night through noon Wednesday.
Clinton's "crash & burn" tactics will lead her to destruction – not Barack's. I'm proud to support such a dignified man & I don't believe for one second that she's bringing in enough money to compete. How pathetic of her to ask hard-working people to contribute to a campaign that is not going to win. "She" is truly pathetic herself & since this crusade has 'now' become 'all about her' – why doesn't Bill just contribute all of the money she needs? Those two losers deserve each other! Obama in 08.
Hillary simply cannot tell the truth. Here’s her scorecard:
• Chelsea was jogging around the Trade Center on Sept. 11, 2001. (She was in bed watching it on TV.)
• Hillary was named after Sir Edmund Hillary. (She admitted she was wrong. He climbed Mt. Everest five years after her birth.)
• She was under sniper fire in Bosnia. (A girl presented her with flowers at the foot of the ramp.)
• She learned in The Wall Street Journal how to make a killing in the futures market. (It didn’t cover the market back then.)
Whoppers She Won’t Confess To
• She didn’t know about the FALN pardons.
• She didn’t know that her brothers were being paid to get pardons that Clinton granted.
• Taking the White House gifts was a clerical error.
• She didn’t know that her staff would fire the travel office staff after she told them to do so.
• She didn’t know that the Peter Paul fundraiser in Hollywood in 2000 cost $700,000 more than she reported it had.
• She opposed NAFTA at the time.
• She was instrumental in the Irish peace process.
• She urged Bill to intervene in Rwanda.
• She played a role in the ’90s economic recovery.
• The billing records showed up on their own.
• She thought Bill was innocent when the Monica scandal broke.
• She was always a Yankees fan.
• She had nothing to do with the New Square Hasidic pardons (after they voted for her 1,400-12 and she attended a meeting at the White House about the pardons).
• She negotiated for the release of refugees in Macedonia (who were released the day before she got there).
With a record like that, is it any wonder that we suspect her of being less than honest and straightforward?
I think this is a bluff from the Clinton campaign. They seriously have a money problem and a predicted victory in PA isnt likely to change things that much.
I might add... Ummm complete and utter BS is what this leaked story is... the day Hillary pulls in 10 mil in one day, is the day, that Hillary's voters need to step back and realize they are supporting a LOST CAUSE!.
She can't win without the supers overturning the will of the people....and if they do that, Hillary will lose in November....as she will polarize the new voters coming into the fray
She can pull money from her own accounts and lie about it.She isn't even close to the support Obama has.
suggestion: your money is being wasted. Hillary will divide the party and Mccain will win.
So she will be able to cover her debt before she goes onto NC and IN. Question: How will she be able to pay for anything while she campaigns there since after she pays her current debt she still owes herself $5 million for the loan?
Hope they will be able to pay of their debts and compete. Obama will win but I doesn't need to happen because Hillary is out of money.
haha, oh good now the campaign won't be 10 million in debt! You do know 10 million in debt plus 10 million equals 0 dollars. Way to run a responsible campaign there Hillary.
Love to look at the FEC documents to see how many of those 50,000 new contributors previously gave to Obama but have since had a change of heart.
I have no idea if the Democratic primary contest will hurt the party in November, but for the first time I am glad that my vote in NC on May 6th will count and be meaningful.
People have various reasons for not supporting HRC, but you have to respect her strenghth and the way she continues to fight, that's why I will continue to support her and she will have my vote. Legislators compromise way to much in this country, I wanted a fighter in the White House.
Every dollar given really does damage the future of this country for our kids and grandchildren.
until they disclosed exactly how much they've raised and how much went to paying their outstanding bills, i'll hold off the gloating.
i'll bet you obama will raise so much more than the clinton campaign say they have.
Wow Hillary! Now you have almost nearly come close to being in the vicinity of scratching the surface of what Obama has raised!
Quite an accomplishement!
NC is in the bag. If IN comes around, this thing is over.
Great more money for more negativity...she sickens me!!
Go Hilarry Go !!!!
Hillary for White House '08
Good Luck Hillary!!!!!!
Help her if you can!
well hopefully it will be enough to buy her her yet another personality...
It doesn't matter how much money Senator Clinton raises, Senator Obama supporters are going to donate twice as much to him. Finacially her campagin has been obliterated. Can you say.......President Barack Obama!!!!!!!!!
I think the only people that are lying are YOU people...lying to YOURSELF.
You lost. Lick your wounds silently and GET OVER IT. You just look "bitter" now. HAHA!
very good, keep fighting hard, Once Hillary is nominated I will donate some more money one more time.
india california – amen!
Even if they raise 10 million... wouldnt that just balance out what they owe... why would anyone honestly donate money to a campaign that is managed as poorly as hers?
Well, let's do he math. They have ben spending in excess of 1 million a day. They started off about 9 million in the whole and just picked up 10 million. So, by my math they can campaign for 1 more day in the positive before they go right back into debt agin.
And we want to trust a multi-billion dollar budget and trillion dollar deficit to the geniuses balancing this checkbook?!?! I think not!!!
If that is true lets see how many of her vendors get paid in the 24 hours