April 23rd, 2008

Latest CNN estimate: Clinton wins 80 delegates, Obama 66

(CNN) - Hillary Clinton's Pennsylvania win Tuesday night handed the New York senator 80 delegates while Barack Obama was awarded 66 delegates, according to CNN's latest Delegate estimate.

Twelve Pennsylvania delegates have yet to be allocated.

Including the latest delegate estimate out of Pennsylvania, Obama now leads Clinton by 130 delegates overall and by 154 pledged delegates. Clinton leads Obama in superdelegates by a margin of 24.

1. Accountant Guy

PA changed nothing as far as the numbers go, she had a net gain of 12 delegates. Barack picked up the Oklamhoma governor as a superdelegate today. Keep going Barack!!

Obama '08

April 23, 2008 12:50 pm at 12:50 pm |
  2. Charles

Can the Tonya Harding strategy be far behind?

April 23, 2008 12:51 pm at 12:51 pm |
  3. lesser one

Obama has been exposed as the lesser candidate.

Hillary is the best in all ways that count- the uniter, can work across party lines, better policies and ways to execute them....

So why would I vote for the LESSER candidate in Nov, just because you tilted the playing field in his favor?

I won't- i will write in Clinton.

Moreso, because if Obama gets the nomination it is by cheating and stealing it.

April 23, 2008 12:51 pm at 12:51 pm |
  4. Pat Cross

The news media continues to only paint a half picture and make this election awhole lot closer then it really is and it drives me nuts. The big question is always why can't Obama win the big states, in my opinion he most diffently can, by November all the Dems will be behind him because he is a uniter not a divider, like the other canidate, and in times like this we need a little hope and a president that can incourage us and help us to fix ourselves and not a family that feels that they are intitled to this position. I am a 65 year old women and there is no way I would ever vote for the women canidate I would rather spend 4 more years with what I know then what I would'nt know and all the drama that surronds the family and I have lost a hugh amont of repect for this ex president and his family, shame on them for demishing the american dream.

April 23, 2008 12:51 pm at 12:51 pm |
  5. Greg

I just read in a comment, that Hillary Clinton "routed" her opponent, Senator Barack Obama in the Philadelphia Primary. If a ten point margin of victory is the definition of a "rout", then Senator Barack Obama has "routed" his opponent, Senator Hillary Clinton, this ENTIRE primary season. How many primaries has she won? If Im not mistaken, at one point in this primary, Senator Clinton was ahead by a significant number of delegates, both pledged and super. Now, it seems that the "tide has turned", to quote the New York Senator and former first lady. I hope that before this primary contest ends, this country will find a firm focus on the issues and not personal disdain for a particular candidate.

With all that said and done......

OBAMA '08 and '12

April 23, 2008 12:51 pm at 12:51 pm |
  6. BigAce

Hee Hee Hee Hee. Even in victory, the Clintonians are still "Bitter".

"He outspent her 3-1 and he still could win PA", they say. As I can recall HRC had a 20+ point lead before the campaign began in PA, but once Obama came to town, he was able to cut her lead in half. So why aren't the Clintonians asking themselves how she lost 10 points to Obama? He had to outspend her to try and catch up to her lead going into the race.

Ah, the Right Rev. Wright. This is what the HRC supporters are banking on to destroy Obama even though the story and analysis of the situation is obsurd. 20 years they cry, he sat in that church listining to possibly 2 hate filled sermons, which equates to less than 1% of the number of sermon Rev. Wright may have preached. Yeah, thats right, less than 1% of the total number of sermons.

What about the remaining 99.9% sermons? Were they good-natured, help your fellow man type sermons?

If HRC can forgive Richard Mellon Scaife, the Godfather of the "Right-Wing conspiracy", and for all the scandals and accusations he has made against her and her family. Why can't Obama forgive Rev. Wright?

April 23, 2008 12:51 pm at 12:51 pm |
  7. Bing Crosby

Somebody remind me why Hillary is in the race still? Is there any compelling reason other than that she is a sociopath who will stop at nothing to make sure that if she doesn't get to be president, than no democrat will?

I used to have a great deal of respect for the Clinton's and felt that they'd always been handed an unreasonably raw deal by the right. I am now very sad to say that I completely understand why that was the case. They truly care about no one but themselves and don't care who they leave in their wake. They are the elitists and they are phony. Hillary's shot and a beer, I love guns thing was so cynical. As was her entire lashing of Obama over "bittergate." Any rational person who read or heard what he said and in context, realizes that his comment was one of understanding and empathy. But, now I read Hilary supporters with the racism and the idea that Obama is anti-American. It is sad.

Though she won't get the nomination, thank god, I have to say something I never thought I'd ever say – if Hilary gets it, I'm voting for Ralph Nader.

Hillary disgusts me and she should disgust all of you. What a disappointing human being.

April 23, 2008 12:52 pm at 12:52 pm |